Out of credits :( help!

Prev1
So I'm 65 now and have had the issue others have mentioned of running out of credits. I have plenty of training droids but not enough to promote my characters or train them. Any advice? I do Bounty Hunter when it's up but that's not enough, and would rather not buy credits with crystals.

Replies

• On my quest to 70, I had to slow down promotions. It was awful leaving 4 characters at 6 stars. However I had to limit all spending immediately and focus primarily on gear, shipments, and leveling my basic team. All side projects were set aside, and focusing on completing GW was a must. Keep doing this until you are 70, THAN you can go back and promote to 7 stars. I hit 70 about a week ago, now money is coming easier. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Use the red card!
  • IsThisThom
    136 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I had the same problem.. For my part I just farmed a little bit less gear to invest in some credit events, it did not resolve completely the problem, but I was able to promote some character and levelled some other this way..

*Just wait to be level 70 and you will probably have the time thus the money to level up all your toons......
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Yeah. Just unlocked Vader and I don't have the 1.5 million to train him up to level 65. Gonna have to sit on him until I deal with other project toons. Not worth it if he can't be farmed up anyway, IMO.
  • Spend real money on game money.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Make credit bank robbery :tongue:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I don't see how people run out of gold so quickly, I still have 3 mill after getting 5-7 characters to 6*-7*. Do you try to upgrade many characters at once? Cause that may be why, you're spreading your resources too thin. Do you complete GW? Cause you get a huge amount of gold from completing that too.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    I don't see how people run out of gold so quickly, I still have 3 mill after getting 5-7 characters to 6*-7*. Do you try to upgrade many characters at once? Cause that may be why, you're spreading your resources too thin. Do you complete GW? Cause you get a huge amount of gold from completing that too.

What level are you? It costs about 1M to train 1 toon from level 60 to level 70.
  • HaloWars29 wrote: »
    I don't see how people run out of gold so quickly, I still have 3 mill after getting 5-7 characters to 6*-7*. Do you try to upgrade many characters at once? Cause that may be why, you're spreading your resources too thin. Do you complete GW? Cause you get a huge amount of gold from completing that too.

In my case, I was leveling 8 characters to 70 from level 60. I needed them for GW. That was the largest expense without buying money. Than holding back all promotions beyond 6 star. I hit the level 60 cap about a week before the increase. So there wasn't much time to build up the bank. Now that 70 is here and done, money isn't a issue anymore.

• What level are you? It costs about 1M to train 1 toon from level 60 to level 70.[/quote]

I'm currently lvl69. It's not like you go from lvl60 to lvl70 in just a couple of days, that's actually how long it takes me to just go up 1 lvl. For the most part, I keep 4-5 of my characters up to par with my account lvl. It's not smart to invest into too many toons at once, or else they'll progress very slowly. It's best to just prioritize 5, and use a few excess resources on other toons if you like.
  • You may have to do the credit keycard battle using your energy there for a few days. It sucks to have to forego building your characters just to farm credits, but sometimes necessary if you don't want to spend real money.
  • *throws 5 credits into the hat on the ground*

Get a job, you smelly bum.
  • Anraeth wrote: »

In my case, I was leveling 8 characters to 70 from level 60. I needed them for GW. That was the largest expense without buying money. Than holding back all promotions beyond 6 star. I hit the level 60 cap about a week before the increase. So there wasn't much time to build up the bank. Now that 70 is here and done, money isn't a issue anymore.

I was only able to save up for a couple of days after reaching lvl 60 before the lvl 70 update released. So didn't have much time either. Maybe 8 characters is too many, it's better to have 5 strong characters and a few okay ones. I haven't failed GW in a while. I would show you my line up, but IDK how to post pictures lol. But I currently have 4 7*, 1 6*, and the rest are 4*-3*. The top 9 are lvl 61 and above though. With my top 5 being lvl69. Usually my issue is having enough droids to lvl them up.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So I'm 65 now and have had the issue others have mentioned of running out of credits. I have plenty of training droids but not enough to promote my characters or train them. Any advice? I do Bounty Hunter when it's up but that's not enough, and would rather not buy credits with crystals.

Do you have a screenshot of your heroes?
  • Don't worry EA will help you!

Step 1: Buy crystals.

Step 2: Open Credit Mega-Pack.

;)
  • I think I have been probably levelling too many chars - but I needed more for GW. I have a decent enough roster to finish it now. So, is the general consensus that it's better to use credits for training to a higher level OR for promoting?
  • mel wrote: »
    Yeah. Just unlocked Vader and I don't have the 1.5 million to train him up to level 65. Gonna have to sit on him until I deal with other project toons. Not worth it if he can't be farmed up anyway, IMO.

Vader is a pretty bad character at this point (takes forever to star up, slow and underwhelming in general). Don't waste resources on him unless you have lots of extra.
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    I think I have been probably levelling too many chars - but I needed more for GW. I have a decent enough roster to finish it now. So, is the general consensus that it's better to use credits for training to a higher level OR for promoting?

Promoting gives you a lot more stats than leveling so prioritize that. If you have good gear or good skill upgrades (e.g. +15% dmg) available that require a higher level though, go the level route to get them.

Diversity is expensive but there in lies the fun. Got various toons maxed, various ready for the next star and lots requiring level ups. Lack of credits.

BTW, what's the interest rate you're getting on your 3 mill? Must be a reason why you don't spend them...

Diversity is expensive but there in lies the fun. Got various toons maxed, various ready for the next star and lots requiring level ups. Lack of credits.

BTW, what's the interest rate you're getting on your 3 mill? Must be a reason why you don't spend them...

Nah, I just enjoy hoarding them so that I can go on the forums to wave around the huge stacks I'm making... I don't spend them because there's nothing to spend them on. I don't have enough droids to continue upgrading characters, and I don't just give any toon gear, only the ones that I use. So it stacks up. But even if I did have enough droids I probably would still save enough to continue upgrading and lvling up just a few top characters. Cause although 3 mill seems like a lot, it can go quickly. I manage to keep a good amount of gold available so I can continue upgrading the toons that I like. My Ahsoka is almost 7*, that's another 1 mill gone. Sure, it's nice to get to experience different characters, especially those that are hardly used, but without having a strong 5, progressing in the game will be much more difficult.
  • @HaloWars29, what level are you? Shortage of training droids is never an issue at higher levels, so... The higher you go, the more you'll need more toons. Cos, GW. At higher levels.
  • I only need 15.750 million to get met toons to their available star levels, then I get to promote them! :/

Deciding what you should do is in every part of the game.. And I would not change a thing, this is one aspect that makes it rock!
  • @Azraelrulez I already mentioned that I was lvl69. How isn't there a shortage of droids at higher lvls? I would assume it would be an even more common issue, more so than lack of gold. The higher lvl your toon is, the more droids will it be needed to lvl them up. The cost goes up aswell, but you can gain a lot of gold from completing GW and missions. However, gaining many high star droids is much more difficult task to accomplish.
    When it come to GW, it would be more beneficial to have 5 7* characters than just a bunch of 5*. Their chance of going through it without dying will be much greater. Rather than trying to make a bunch of different toons work. I'm not exactly sure how the opponents are chosen in GW, but if the enemy has lvl 70 toons, its highly possible that they'll also be 6-7* toons aswell.
    I'm just trying to help the OP figuere out why he has a shortage of gold. And it's pretty apparent why. If he enjoys having multiple decent toons rather then a few strong ones, then that's fine. I'm just trying to give him some insight on how it may be beneficial to first focus on 5 good toons, and then spread out and try different characters. Ever since I got my 5 to 6* its made GW much easier, and I havent lost since. Luminara and Jedi Consular are just pros at completing GW, they can carry your team pretty far.
  • thanks Halowars and all. Yeah, I was spreading myself too thin. Mainly to increase my roster for GW. Will narrow my focus. Just promoted Sid and Lumi to 7 star, broke again. but, its ok! as BentWookie said, this game doesn't make it too easy to get everything you want - and I agree that's good!

I do wish there were more competitive play modes than just arena and GW.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I felt that way when I was only working on my Arena 5 + JC (for GW) which havent changed since about December. So it wasn't much to keep them maxed and starred and the rest of my heroes just a few level behind as I rode up to 70. I had over 7M saved up. Now I have 650k I am saving to 5* QGJ and Eeth before the event and level up Eeth and or Mace as needed for the event.

Now I am working on Poe and GS to take over in the Arena and 3 Jedi for the challenge.

Poe+GS+QGJ from 1-70 is 7.2M, I did Mace and Eeth to about 60 for another 2.2M, did a bunch of starring up (but not 6 or 7s) for another M or so. So it goes very quick if you try to bring a few new heroes up to speed quickly. But if you are just maintaining a few you can bank a lot.

Oh I also have enough shards to 7* poggle (if I buy a few more GW shipments I have banked) but I havent even unlocked him to save credits, and I am hoping I get him from a bronze pack.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    I have 5 characters currently that i can promote to 7*. But only have 500k credits im using to level another to 70.

My advice is: Be careful who you level and promote, and think far ahead of time.
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm working on Eeth from arena shipments but man it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. he seems to really suck (only good against droids!) but I guess I have to for the special event?