what if for the other fan favorite character...

Prev13
flux_rono
2120 posts Member
they choose to release episode IV Chewie, instead of Jedi Luke. but Ep IV Chewie comes with Ep IV Millennium Falcon. it is a possibility.

or what if they bring someone out from the prequels like Padme and we get the separatist rework/ galactic republic rework to where they have more synergy and counter to each other (plus grievous rework!!!)

Replies

• Fürkész
    211 posts Member
    Options
    In the R2 event OT Chewie were beside the astromech. I think he will be the other fan favourite who they release.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Fürkész wrote: »
    In the R2 event OT Chewie were beside the astromech. I think he will be the other fan favourite who they release.
    Ot chewy has always been in the game as an enemy. Him being in the r2 event doesn't mean anything
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member
    Options
    To me it looked like they were using clone wars chewy
  • Options
    did they say when the other fan favorite is being released?
  • Options
    did they say when the other fan favorite is being released?

Next month
  • Fürkész
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Manny415 wrote: »

The Wookie bowcaster in his hand from the OT.
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member
    Options

Dayum you got eagle eyes. Went back to look through the footage and you right.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I hope it's a dark side toon.

Dark side lacks big iconic toons that perform as the light side do.

Dark side has about 1 toon that can be used through multiple meta and that's palp where as light side has

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Dark side are lacking toons that make impacts as the ones listed above
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

Dark side has about 1 toon that can be used through multiple meta and that's palp where as light side has

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Nihilus :)
  • Options
    If going by yoda - palp. And released in the same fashion. It should be a DS toon.
  • Fürkész
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Who should be that dark side toon?
  • Options
    Who should be that dark side toon?
    I ve been saying everywhere - Thrawn
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I really, really hope the other fan favorite isn't padme. She is below jar jar for me.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    I really, really hope the other fan favorite isn't padme. She is below jar jar for me.

I doubt you have to worry about that. Padama-may or Panda Bear or whatever the hell her name is, isn't really a fan favorite.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    N1c0 wrote: »

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.

I would disagree on those two, because they are only really good if they are the leader of the comp. Vader can work in an EP lead, but who is running that competitively these days? They don't have the versatility to be plugged into numerous comps like the others mentioned so far.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Vader should absolutely have 5 skills, same as General Kenobi.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    If it's not Bespin Luke, there will be riots. The main character in Star Wars is only in this game as a farm boy. This game is 1.5 years old now.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.

I would disagree on those two, because they are only really good if they are the leader of the comp. Vader can work in an EP lead, but who is running that competitively these days? They don't have the versatility to be plugged into numerous comps like the others mentioned so far.

Maybe not. But Vader was being used successfully in EP lead teams long before he was buffed. Then he got a Zeta lead, and was king of the meta for a couple weeks. Warrior of TI has a recent video of that team wrecking meta teams. And he is currently great in Zaul and Nihilus teams. And he dominates the Rancor. And he's one of the best HAAT team leaders.

Maul is worthy of a mention due to so completely dominating the meta for months, and being good for some time to come in Nihilus lead teams, and multiple top tier HAAT teams including the best P1 comp to date.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    If it's not Bespin Luke, there will be riots. The main character in Star Wars is only in this game as a farm boy. This game is 1.5 years old now.

Just any Jedi Luke from the OT. If he is going to be OP, might as well make him rotj luke, since luke at bespin was taught a few things about power.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

The load screw now has RoTJ Luke. It might be one or the other.

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.

Maybe not. But Vader was being used successfully in EP lead teams long before he was buffed. Then he got a Zeta lead, and was king of the meta for a couple weeks. Warrior of TI has a recent video of that team wrecking meta teams. And he is currently great in Zaul and Nihilus teams. And he dominates the Rancor. And he's one of the best HAAT team leaders.

Maul is worthy of a mention due to so completely dominating the meta for months, and being good for some time to come in Nihilus lead teams, and multiple top tier HAAT teams including the best P1 comp to date.

Gotcha. I don't disagree on their versatility outside of arena. Zader's especially right now is vast.

Edit: and Zader could make a big comeback in arena to flush out the triple cleanse/r2 teams. I've seen a few. Although I recommend anybody to run vader in a zaul comp. There are a lot of better options out there.
  • Options
    The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure we're going to get Rebel Chewbacca with Han synergy and they'll release the true Falcon. I just don't see Luke being released in anything short of a raid exclusive.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.

Also Palpatine
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Nihilus has only been used this meta so far and it's unseen if he will still perform at given levels through other meta
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.

Also Palpatine

Boba isn't used much anymore and has been phased out and kylo isn't used as much as any of the light side toons above same with maul as maul has only been used for one meta.

Light side toons have way more longevity over meta than dark side

The above light side toons stretch across multiple meta where as a lot of dark side toons don't have the longevity that light side toons have brought
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Well it can't be Luke. Cause you'd have to be dunce to release Luke the month after Star Wars day. Like seriously. Dunce.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Nihilus has only been used this meta so far and it's unseen if he will still perform at given levels through other meta

Nihilus belongs on the list. Just because he hasn't been out as long as Chaze doesn't discount his versatility. He has been impactful since day 1 of his release.
    BulYwif wrote: »

Kenobi
    Baze
    Churrit
    R2( may be another one)

Also

Boba
    &
    Kylo

Also Maul.

Also Vader.

Also Palpatine

Boba isn't used much anymore and has been phased out and kylo isn't used as much as any of the light side toons above same with maul as maul has only been used for one meta.

Light side toons have way more longevity over meta than dark side

The above light side toons stretch across multiple meta where as a lot of dark side toons don't have the longevity that light side toons have brought

Boba could make a comeback since Zader squads appear to be doing well vs the triple cleanse/r2 teams. I think there are better options than Boba, so I'm not really going to disagree with you on him. Kylo is still in the top 10 on the meta report, and vs the new rex triple cleanse/r2 teams he is a must. I expect him to be the linchpin in keeping zaul teams competitive.

I don't disagree that Chaze is better in the currently shifting meta and will continue to be strong, but that doesn't discount Nihilus' nor zKylo's spot in the future. Longevity doesn't define the meta, and that's what I disagree with you on.
  • Options

Also, Deathtrooper always attacked him twice with his basic, so Chewie had a Rebel tag.

Doesn't mean he's going to be released though. He might sit on the shelf with Bespin Luke.