Thank You for Changing the Ship Battles

Pharaoh
27 posts Member
Just want to say thank you for changing the Ship Battles. I was rank 60 when the update came and since then I have not one a single ship battle!!! Thank you for changing the health so people that are way lower than me can kill me easily.

I love how you guys change things that aren't broken only to break them. This way now we have to spend as much money and purple shards to get back to where we were. Thank you so much guys. Your commitment to us as the consumer speaks volumes!

Replies

• anonidude
    702 posts Member
    Aww man you seem to be on the rough end of the stick there. The changes were visual only with no substantive change to the actual health or protection values whatsoever.

Keep going your luck will change!
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Pharaoh wrote: »
    Just want to say thank you for changing the Ship Battles. I was rank 60 when the update came and since then I have not one a single ship battle!!! Thank you for changing the health so people that are way lower than me can kill me easily.

I love how you guys change things that aren't broken only to break them. This way now we have to spend as much money and purple shards to get back to where we were. Thank you so much guys. Your commitment to us as the consumer speaks volumes!

I know, isn't it great? They took a system that wasn't super clear and made it far easier to tell the difference between varying levels of health and protection. They care enough about player experience that they are willing to make a change to enable better-informed decision-making in ship battles. Their commitment to us is definitely shown through this change - higher health and protection than squad battles was previously distorting health and protection bars with too many segments. Now we can more clearly see which ships have higher health and protection.

And guess what? The best part is they didn't even touch the actual health and protection of everyone's ships! Isn't that great? I know I appreciate a visual-only change that helps with decision-making in the middle of a battle. Every issue since the visual change is entirely user error (or good decision-making on the part of users attacking you), for better or for worse. All we have to do is become familiar with a much better method of communicating ship health and protection and it'll be like nothing happened....other than the developers looking out for players and committing to the betterment of the consumer experience, that is.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You´re welcome
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited May 2017

you know they did not actually change the health and proct. of the ships right? is this some kind of troll post?
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member

I've never heard of someone to one a battle
  • Must say I find it harder than ever to tell a ships hp and protection. And it's quite a pain when those ships keep surviving hits while their stats are barely visible anymore.

Just let me target those ships that the debuffs and buffs keep hiding away. Not being able to choose your target is the main issue we've had with ships ever since their release.
    Optical upgrades are cute and appreciated but they need to be clear and if the system still isn't functioning you might improve functionality first.
  • Even though there's no statistical change, I kinda liked the protection bars with too many segments in them, will take a little getting used to. Now imagine the uproar if the same was done to Battle Arena.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member

Maybe people realized they had too many squishy ships in their fleet thanks to the health and protection visual change and rotated in some tankier ships which made it so you can't beat them.

Or maybe people just enjoy ship battles more with the new changes so are doing more than their one battle per day now which is knocking you down.

Or maybe the people in your shard were working harder than you on their ships or some of them decided to buy some fleet packs.

Or maybe you think those fleets are weaker than yours but really aren't because you have a lot of bloated power ships and they have little/none.

I understand being frustrated at falling behind in your competitive brackets, but you've really provided no kind of detail that could help us determine if you were just overreacting due to disappointment or have a complaint with Merit.

What is your fleet and each ship's stats? What is this weaker fleet that you couldn't beat, and what are the stats on the ships of theirs you can see?

• really, I want them BACK to before. Now I really flinch whenever I see my ships' health.
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member
    Nothing looks broken to me
    https://youtu.be/N1MlNbThAZA
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I just lost another battle on auto vs a guy I play everyday and always win. My biggs was dead before his second attacks. I hate ships even more now. Didn't think that was possible. Btw 0/8 on zetas again does not make ship battles any more fun or entice me to want to play them. If this game was only ship battles I would have quit after 2 days.
    And yes I am salty today, was really excited for trooper rework and r2 and it ended up being a bad rework again and r2 event was a joke. Just give out the toons if you make the challenges so easy and stop wasting our time and your time designing them. Ships are not fun and farming 4 shards at a time just makes me hate them more.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    Seems the same to me.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Zombie
    55 posts Member
    Manny415 wrote: »

Lmao!!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Manny415 wrote: »

There can be only won!
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Thank you for taking the time out of your no doubt busy life to regale us with your wit and wisdom. My day is now better. When you next have a thought - or inkling for not all of us can fully formulate thoughts - please do share it with the rest of us so we can admire your raw, unfettered ignorance.
  • Noizeman
    57 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I just lost another battle on auto

Hmmmmm.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time out of your no doubt busy life to regale us with your wit and wisdom. My day is now better. When you next have a thought - or inkling for not all of us can fully formulate thoughts - please do share it with the rest of us so we can admire your raw, unfettered ignorance.

Ouch!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    I just lost another battle on auto vs a guy I play everyday and always win. My biggs was dead before his second attacks. I hate ships even more now. Didn't think that was possible. Btw 0/8 on zetas again does not make ship battles any more fun or entice me to want to play them. If this game was only ship battles I would have quit after 2 days.
    And yes I am salty today, was really excited for trooper rework and r2 and it ended up being a bad rework again and r2 event was a joke. Just give out the toons if you make the challenges so easy and stop wasting our time and your time designing them. Ships are not fun and farming 4 shards at a time just makes me hate them more.

I agree
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Noizeman wrote: »
    I just lost another battle on auto

Hmmmmm.

The AI does not handle Ahkbar well.... Id be willing to bet he uses Ahkbar.

• Manny415 wrote: »

Hey I One a lot of battles!