Ships regaining protection?

PiffGuru
773 posts Member
So today I had a ship battle against a team with 5's, tie advanced, jedi consular's, and 2 xwings probably biggs and wedge but i dont remember, and ackbar lead.

I noticed part way through that 5's ship was regaining some protection on his basic attacks everytime, then I think I saw a different ship do the same thing. I'm confused about that and was wondering what caused it cause I never experienced this.

I was looking through ship skills and figured that if rex was one of those 2 ships that were xwing types then he could give allies protection when an ally resists an effect, but that wouldnt account for gaining protection on basic. Or maybe cause 5's puts debuffs on enemy ships, does someone give protection upon applying debuffs?

Replies

• Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Biggs gains protection when an ally target locks an enemy.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »

He said fives was regaining protection, read carefully.

Also Rex doesn't fly an x or y wing. He flies an ARC ship. Jedi Consular however, can grant protection with 2 of his abilities. One of which calls a target ally to assist and then grants him protection. This is most likely what you saw.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Probably the Ackbar passive bonus called "Band Together." If any ship in his fleet attacks out of turn, which would be any assist or counterattack (they use their basic shot in either of those actions), it gains some protection up. Protection up is protection added as a temporary buff, represented as purple in the protection bar, which can expire and can be dispelled.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »

He said fives was regaining protection, read carefully.

He also said "I think I saw a different ship do the same thing" and mentioned two X-Wings. Those were the bits I was addressing. No need to challenge my reading comprehension.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    Ok, so I realized rex's ship wasnt an xwing but I easily overlook his as one cause its similar. But I believe you were right about it being the ackbar lead ability because when I noticed it was when 5's ship was counterattacking with retribution from mauls.

The thing is Ive been using ackbar lead with 5's and maul for like 2 months and never noticed that lol. I guess mayb an oversight on my side, or cause the health and protection bars look so different now it seems more noticable than it used to.