So ... that's it?

Prev1
Arkham
275 posts Member
May the Fourth:
Previously announced R2 is released! Crystals go on sale!
Silence from the devs on the forums. Not even a hint about the 2nd fan favorite character nor the new game mode.

Waiting for Revenge of the Sixth?
Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team

Replies

• It really wasn't much of a May the Fourth celebration.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    They're probably checking how's the responde to this new contents first... Then they'll tell us about the new mode coming up... Or maybe they're just ignoring us, could be that too lol
  • Arkham wrote: »
    May the Fourth:
    Silence from the devs on the forums. Not even a hint about the 2nd fan favorite character nor the new game mode.

That's it. What were you expecting?

Also got a new splash screen, pilot animations, free7* R2 that is OP AF, mod packs are back. I'm happy
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Arkham wrote: »
    May the Fourth:

Also got a new splash screen, pilot animations, free7* R2 that is OP AF, mod packs are back. I'm happy

He's referencing last year when there were 4 days of double drops in various parts of the game followed by double drops in all modes on the last day.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Guys guys think about it....hopefully the real celebration comes with the new event planned for May 25th. Which happens to be the 40th anniversary of the release of Episode IV into theaters....I vote patience and pitch fork sharpening until then at least...
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    May the Fourth:

Ha! R2 OP AF, good one!! Thx for the laugh today.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    *yawns**stretches* Yup.....*walks away*
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    May the Fourth:

He's referencing last year when there were 4 days of double drops in various parts of the game followed by double drops in all modes on the last day.

Did you get R2 last year? Yoda? Palp?
  • But you all got a free R2D2. Isn't that enough? That's pretty epic considering that you can't get any character to 7* anymore without a 6 month farm or buying some packs.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    c3pe0n wrote: »
    Guys guys think about it....hopefully the real celebration comes with the new event planned for May 25th. Which happens to be the 40th anniversary of the release of Episode IV into theaters....I vote patience and pitch fork sharpening until then at least...

Ah. Good call on the 40th anniversary.

I was stoked for R2, but I'm not even talking about getting free stuff--I was just expecting them to flesh out their roadmap a little more. A post or two on the forums ... that's all I'm asking ...
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    But you all got a free R2D2. Isn't that enough? That's pretty epic considering that you can't get any character to 7* anymore without a 6 month farm or buying some packs.

Just so you know, he will not be seen a whole lot in top of arenas. He is awful on D and some people that geared him have fallen in ranks further then they have since the game started.

Imagine if your a whale or kraken; you just geared him up and you can still easily beat the teams you could before but now you are falling further in rank then you have in a year. Now people that paid way less than you now can beat your team consistently because of a new free toon that was basically given away to all your opponents.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    But you all got a free R2D2. Isn't that enough? That's pretty epic considering that you can't get any character to 7* anymore without a 6 month farm or buying some packs.

Just so you know, he will not be seen a whole lot in top of arenas. He is awful on D and some people that geared him have fallen in ranks further then they have since the game started.

Imagine if your a whale or kraken; you just geared him up and you can still easily beat the teams you could before but now you are falling further in rank then you have in a year. Now people that paid way less than you now can beat your team consistently because of a new free toon that was basically given away to all your opponents.

Dat cuz he need da C3PO protocol droid for dat sik synergy. Wait till June. R2/C3 meta inbound.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »

Huh?

First you say, he is awful on Defense and is not viable in the Arena. Then, you say the whales that use this free toon will lose ground in the arena because they implemented him into their arena team. Connotation: R2 is not good in area because defense is bad and will cause you to drop rank. Then, you say that people who pay way less will be able to beat this Whale's team now because he switched R2 into his team(because R2 is bad on defense), and you are blaming that on the event? No one forced the Whale to replace his roster with R2 in it. If he starts losing ground, he can switch back to what he was using before that was holding. After all, no one is going to climb above this Whale's old arena team anyway with R2 in it, because as you said, R2 is terrible on defense. You contradicted yourself so hard in this statement wow.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Wrong. I started using him yesterday as soon as i got him. I dropped from 1 to 8 overnight.

https://swgoh.gg/u/!on3punch!/

Sorry to disapoint you, R2 is a beast.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Ah and i've spent no money in this game for at least 4 months now. I live with the crystals i get from arena everyday. :wink:
  • c3pe0n wrote: »

That would be sweet but if they are watching this at all, they should just communicate with the despondent who are upset about 4th rollout. It might shut them up a bit and thin out the message forums to more interesting stuff (says the guy sitting here reading this)
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member

That would be sweet but if they are watching this at all, they should just communicate with the despondent who are upset about 4th rollout. It might shut them up a bit and thin out the message forums to more interesting stuff (says the guy sitting here reading this)

Agreed...the new event is listed in the event page. But the problem is EA is not pointing to that and they assume everyone knows that the 25th is the 40th anniversary and put two and two together.
  • Exletion wrote: »

Huh?

First you say, he is awful on Defense and is not viable in the Arena. Then, you say the whales that use this free toon will lose ground in the arena because they implemented him into their arena team. Connotation: R2 is not good in area because defense is bad and will cause you to drop rank. Then, you say that people who pay way less will be able to beat this Whale's team now because he switched R2 into his team(because R2 is bad on defense), and you are blaming that on the event? No one forced the Whale to replace his roster with R2 in it. If he starts losing ground, he can switch back to what he was using before that was holding. After all, no one is going to climb above this Whale's old arena team anyway with R2 in it, because as you said, R2 is terrible on defense. You contradicted yourself so hard in this statement wow.

He's talking about all the gear and 2 zetas that went into making R2 "fabulous" is a waste for that whale/kraken. We got this "free" toon that is supposed to be OP AF but is not sustainable in arena.
  • Mod packs are back? Watchya talkin' bout Willis? These are not the mod packs I was looking for.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »

Huh?

He's talking about all the gear and 2 zetas that went into making R2 "fabulous" is a waste for that whale/kraken. We got this "free" toon that is supposed to be OP AF but is not sustainable in arena.

Kraken (and whales, if slightly less so), are defined by the fact that they don't mind wasting fabulous quantities of weath. "Waste for a whale/kraken" is an oxymoron. What's your point?
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    A meta 7* toon and a sale on crystals isn't enough? You want some cheese with that w[h]ine?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Even if EA did do extra stuff like double drops or more free crystals, OP would still be asking for more. This thread is moot.

one-quarter-portion.gif

"Freebies? One! Quarter portion!" "Thank you EA, can I have anotha'?"
  • Naw
    969 posts Member

You meant episode I, didn't you? The IV came much later.

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for anything then.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »

You meant episode I, didn't you? The IV came much later.
    O_o
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    Even if EA did do extra stuff like double drops or more free crystals, OP would still be asking for more. This thread is moot.

Um, how about no? Crystal prices went up and we got a sale for 25% more crystals. Doesn't really feel like it's a good deal.

I'm happy for R2 but it's really the only thing we received.

Doubles would have been nice...
  • Arkham wrote: »
    May the Fourth:

dude, we got to see "Chewbacca" in the event, and not the clone wars one, the REAL one. fan favorite. case closed.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »

Wrong. I started using him yesterday as soon as i got him. I dropped from 1 to 8 overnight.

I see from your stats you have a younger shard. Your jedi team before r2 would be a top 40 in mine unless you spent 2 refreshes everyday to move towards top spots. I know this because we had 3 jedi teams exactly like yours in mine. 1 switched to zaul finally and the other two sit between 30-50 everyday. About once a week I'll see one of them making a run into top 20 but then they disappear again.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Have to agree with the previous poster, you always need to take into account a shard's maturity. Mine seems to be infested by people who should have put their money on lottery instead of this game, looking at their average speeds.

I don't yet see much use for R2 in arena but hope to have it available to HAAT (we got stalled in early P3, too many newbies in the guild ). Just not sure how to run R2. Clones, perhaps?
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »
    Have to agree with the previous poster, you always need to take into account a shard's maturity. Mine seems to be infested by people who should have put their money on lottery instead of this game, looking at their average speeds.

I don't yet see much use for R2 in arena but hope to have it available to HAAT (we got stalled in early P3, too many newbies in the guild ). Just not sure how to run R2. Clones, perhaps?

I'm looking at a Jyn-led R1 squad. All those juicy, juicy exposes.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »

I see from your stats you have a younger shard. Your jedi team before r2 would be a top 40 in mine unless you spent 2 refreshes everyday to move towards top spots. I know this because we had 3 jedi teams exactly like yours in mine. 1 switched to zaul finally and the other two sit between 30-50 everyday. About once a week I'll see one of them making a run into top 20 but then they disappear again.

Humm... Yeah, it's a June 16 shard, it's not old but it's not yoooung either.... Anyways, i think the most different experiences are because of the different shards indeed...