Help me understand what I can improve here

nite0wl29
412 posts Member
There's a team in my shard that, despite how incredibly slow they are, they've managed to beat the fastest Zaul teams and R1 team in our shard and sit at first place and not fall from the top 10. I'm at a loss of words as to how it's done considering their mods aren't any different than mine, but mine have more speed. They have Zader(163), RG(162), TFP (242), ) Rex(176), EP(178). My team is Zader(166), EP(185), DN(200), TFP(254), Rex (212). I've managed to wipe out this team easily, but somehow this team has beat the other teams that have completely destroyed my squad. What am I missing here? What should I fix or improve in my squad?

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Maybe he's making better decisions about which characters to hit first, which characters to debuff, etc. Many times, the outcomes of specific battles can be decided entirely by the very first move.

i.e. Make the right first move, you massacre them. Make the wrong first move, they massacre you.
  • He's a better player than you.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    He's a better player than you.

A little better constructive criticism would be a lot more helpful, but I forgot this is the forums and anyone can say whatever they want behind a keyboard.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Just b glad they haven't put Shore and Nihilus in place of RG and Rex
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Maybe he's making better decisions about which characters to hit first, which characters to debuff, etc. Many times, the outcomes of specific battles can be decided entirely by the very first move.

i.e. Make the right first move, you massacre them. Make the wrong first move, they massacre you.

Okay that's for offense but why does it hold better on defense?
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    Well, there is one obvious difference. Consider that. He has a tank that can stun. RG takes several turns because of his unique.

On offense it's not that difficult to beat just about any team. If he's staying in top 10, then perhaps he's burning fights and crystals to stay there.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

Unless there's some social/psychological thing going on with the people on your shard (they're attacking you and not him), or some technical difference that you've overlooked, the only big difference between his squad and yours is that you use Darth Nihilus and he uses Royal Guard.

So... if you want to get the same results as him, I guess the first step would be to put in Royal Guard or a similar tank and see what happens when you leave the A.I. to tend your rank.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

Unless there's some social/psychological thing going on with the people on your shard (they're attacking you and not him), or some technical difference that you've overlooked, the only big difference between his squad and yours is that you use Darth Nihilus and he uses Royal Guard.

So... if you want to get the same results as him, I guess the first step would be to put in Royal Guard or a similar tank and see what happens when you leave the A.I. to tend your rank.

This sounds rational. Don't be like that!
  • nite0wl29 wrote: »
    He's a better player than you.

A little better constructive criticism would be a lot more helpful, but I forgot this is the forums and anyone can say whatever they want behind a keyboard.
    I can't help you without knowing the squads you can't beat. ;)