Jedi Luke?

Prev1
Tyvokka
38 posts Member
Any news, or ideas when they plan to release him, and what faction do you think will be needed to unlock him?

Replies

• August.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    At the recent SW Celebration, the devs at the booth said there are no current plans.

My bet would be the next raid, and that wouldn't be until the end of the year.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    There is another "fan favorite" due next month...there aren't many left imo.

TCW fans would want Mother Talzin.

We r all waiting on Jedi Luke.

Revan is also a possibility.

Now, they could give us Thrawn, Krell, Hondo, Inquisitor, 8th Brother, Darth Sion and Darth Traya (w/ Nihilus they were the triumverate) etc...but I don't think those could b classified as fan favorites

• MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    There is another "fan favorite" due next month...there aren't many left imo.

TCW fans would want Mother Talzin.

We r all waiting on Jedi Luke.

Revan is also a possibility.

Now, they could give us Thrawn, Krell, Hondo, Inquisitor, 8th Brother, Darth Sion and Darth Traya (w/ Nihilus they were the triumverate) etc...but I don't think those could b classified as fan favorites

Why is noone thinking c3po? Seems to make a lot of sense to me going along with r2.
  • Plokoon187
    158 posts Member
    Jar jar
  • Red leader
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member

Thrawn is most definitely a fan favorite.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Thrawn is the definition of fan favorite.
  • something that puzzles me is Jedi Luke being on the loading screen for the app. Doesn't make any sense...
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Jango would make the most sense. Think of how little time and effort it would need. Change boba to be blue and white. Done. And the crowd goes wild!
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Brigger wrote: »

Thrawn is most definitely a fan favorite.
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Jango would make the most sense. Think of how little time and effort it would need. Change boba to be blue and white. Done. And the crowd goes wild!

Thrawn is a weird one....yes he can be classified as a fan favorite...but in my shame i admit until i kept seeing his name on this forum i had no clue who he even was...now that i have seen him in action on rebels i love him...something about his always calm cold calculating attitude that just calmy screams evil...

That being said i guess it depends on EA/CG's definition of fan favorite. If they go from the forums then yes he is the definition of fan favorite...if the go by the mediocre to casual star wars fan that really only watches the movies...then he is more likely completely unknown much less a fan favorite...
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    They really said no plans? I'm not so sure about that.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Maybe it means they are going with bespin Luke first. They did create an animation of him at celebration.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Odds are a Luke with a lightsabor will be the second fan fave.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    c3pe0n wrote: »
    Thrawn is a weird one....yes he can be classified as a fan favorite...but in my shame i admit until i kept seeing his name on this forum i had no clue who he even was...now that i have seen him in action on rebels i love him...something about his always calm cold calculating attitude that just calmy screams evil...

Most Star Wars fans who were over the age of 10 during the 90s know who Thrawn is and adore the character.

That trilogy had been the only decent Star Wars story outside of video games and RPGs since '83. It saved the franchise, maintaining enough popularity for George to attempt the prequels.

Star Wars fans who watch Rebels know who Thrawn is.

I would argue the only Star Wars fans who don't know him are either casual consumers of pop culture or those for whom the prequels are a reference point.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    We literally JUST got R2. We already have a Luke out there.....but we have two Han and Kenobi heroes already so, it's not like it can't happen. I would guess later. Not in the next several months. I would LOVE to be wrong about this though. ;)

OH and two version of Sidious... who else?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Jabba
  • ZephimyrAC
    191 posts Member
    jedi luke's unique - "when on a squad all by himself, he has 5x the stats and all the abilities of vader, yoda, and obi-wan"
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    jedi luke's unique - "when on a squad all by himself, he has 5x the stats and all the abilities of vader, yoda, and obi-wan"

That would be his basic...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »

Most Star Wars fans who were over the age of 10 during the 90s know who Thrawn is and adore the character.

Sorry to disagree, but on this point, I have to. I was an avid Star Wars fan in my 20s in the 90s and until I started reading these forums about 15 months ago, I had never heard of Thrawn. A few months back, I even emailed some friends about the same age - all Star Wars fans. One had heard of him, and new was Empire - but that was it. "Most" and "adore" are projections of your feelings about him.

It could be him - but I think calling him a "fan favorite" along the lines of R2D2 is a real stretch and wishful thinking.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dark_Light wrote: »

False advertising
  • Dark_Light wrote: »
    Jango would make the most sense. Think of how little time and effort it would need. Change boba to be blue and white. Done.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member

That trilogy had been the only decent Star Wars story outside of video games and RPGs since '83. It saved the franchise, maintaining enough popularity for George to attempt the prequels.

Star Wars fans who watch Rebels know who Thrawn is.

I would argue the only Star Wars fans who don't know him are either casual consumers of pop culture or those for whom the prequels are a reference point.

The Thrawn trilogy is one of the best of the EU. Many people were hoping that the trilogy would have been made into episode 7-9. It would be awesome to get Thrawn, but we just got Veers reworked.

I would like to have Jango.
  • something that puzzles me is Jedi Luke being on the loading screen for the app. Doesn't make any sense...
    something that puzzles me is Jedi Luke being on the loading screen for the app. Doesn't make any sense...

False advertising.
  • Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Jar jar

This^
    85b743b7be0dac05ea9f1ed2156591bc_mesa-jar-jar-binks-jar-jar-binks-meme_600-467.png
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sorry to disagree, but on this point, I have to. I was an avid Star Wars fan in my 20s in the 90s and until I started reading these forums about 15 months ago, I had never heard of Thrawn. A few months back, I even emailed some friends about the same age - all Star Wars fans. One had heard of him, and new was Empire - but that was it. "Most" and "adore" are projections of your feelings about him.

It could be him - but I think calling him a "fan favorite" along the lines of R2D2 is a real stretch and wishful thinking.

No need to be sorry!

I don't feel as strongly as some others do about Thrawn, for what it is worth, though I do like the character and would consider him one of my favorite villains.

Many people seem to think that "nobody has heard of him" and I would argue otherwise, is all. I feel like that is projection, much like people who say "nobody watches Rebels" or whatever. I would say more people are familiar with Thrawn than they are with Revan or the guy from the Force Unleashed games. People are definitely more familiar with Thrawn than with Gar Saxon, and we have him (I'm happy about that too, btw).

Not everyone plays video games and not everyone who plays mobile games plays computer games, etc. We can all have a different experience of the franchise, and that is an amazing thing.

That said, you missed out on some great reading at the time! The new Thrawn book is very good, but doesn't carry the same intensity as the Heir to the Empire books.
  • Thrawn is most known from the Zahn books which sadly are no longer cannon. At least not the Heir to the Empire series.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Thrawn is most known from the Zahn books which sadly are no longer cannon. At least not the Heir to the Empire series.

Right. Still, Thrawn is canon again thanks to Rebels and the NEW Zahn book!
  • Grandmarichie
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yeah I'm finishing up the old trilogy to then read the new origin story. Hope we get him. Would love him, Vader, Palp, Veers and a reworked Tarkin for Empire upper management squad.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

"Confirmation bias"