So called "free to play" character HARD node please change this !

The short version is even with a team strong enough to actually 3 star these battles for baze or shorrtrooper, the time to get them unlocked and even to a decent 5 or 6 star rating is beyond stupid and 3 "chances" at a single shard per day is so pointless.

Instead they dangle them on a string giving us no real way to farm them with any of our other resources in the game.
That being said if you made it this far and would like to see a more in depth break down of why i think this way and what can be done about it...then please stick around and join the discussion.

Placed on so called free to play hard node battles.. now lets skip the part where i explain just how much gear/credits/character shards you will require to even be strong enough to unlock this never mind 3 star it.

CANTINA STORE: sure there are some interesting toons there but outside of Qui gon/bobafett/ashoka and fives.. not really anyone that worth investing in.

SHIPS AND GUILD STORE: amazingly theae are very effective for previous pay to play toons such as darth maul who i can at least farm and use thanks to this if i focus on him properly.

I wont mention putting them in galactic war or the squad arena store as i can already see people defending the "premium" status of theae toons.

To conclude.. i would love them to atop wasting our time with a pointless extremely high level hard node and just keep these characters chromium or make them somewhat realistic to farn.

Hopefully there are some fellow players who love this game and play it every day like i do that feel the same way !

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    I agree single hard node farming takes a long time, but for toons like shore or baze, you don't need them at 7 stars to be effective. I have a 4 star baze (tho i'd admit that's from the his brief time at the shard shop) and he works wonderfully for his role. I'd say the same with DN, again I ran him at the 3 star that we all got him at and he helps immensely as is... being able to recently up him to 4 stars is just icing on the cake.

Would i like to get them faster? sure, but there're over 100 toons, some should be harder to get than others, no? and at least now i can slowly get my Baze and DN up a star level or two. Would i prefer to not have that option at all? absolutely not. that would be quite a bit worse....

I disagree cantina store's missing good toons. Bistan can be fun in a rebel team, JScavenger is practically required for Crit Dmg mod challenge. Old Daka is great on a control team. FOO is also basically required for an Offense team (which in the past i would have said is totally useless, but now with possible DN lead... may now be more useful), and Poe for speed mod challenge and generally a different type of tank.... Sure there're def some useless toons in there, but i'd say a good deal of them have SOME use. they're just not meta changing. Hey again with this many toons, it's hard to expect that every toon will be groundbreaking. They just serve different purposes.

• Options
    Exactly though you just said it..cantina characters CAN be usedul and CAN be fun so i agree man totally. But outside the ones i mentioned in the original post you could easily give them a miss.
    And to further my point my rebels with wiggs lando etc are all gear 10 with decent mods and i cant beat hard node 9b even with help from barris or another rebel or qui gon with ayyla etc

Its just simply irritating i feel and inonow a few of my guild mates feel the same way..whats the point in having a character that could potentially take more than a year to farm? And they could be irrelevant by that point btw.
  • Options
    @C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    What is your arena rank?
  • Options
    I'm not f2p. I have a 7* Shore, but I didn't pay thousands for him either. I got him from 5* to 7* using nothing but arena winnings to purchase him in shipments. So it's definitely possible to farm anyone in a hard node with shipments as well.
  • Options
    Currently floating between the top 100.. usually finish between 55 and 89.. i ca t break top 50 almost every single team is chaze wiggs or nihlus dooku sith combo
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i dislike all hard node exclusive farms, but i'm fine with baze, shore, nilly and krennic staying more or less "premium" toons.
    I'm f2p aswell in case you were wondering.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    It's a game about long and rewarding grind. You sound like kind of a new player tbh, that's not an insult, it's just I feel like you're kinda missing one or two things.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    As one person said, these toons are very powerful, and should be put behind a large wall so as not to make them universally had. I am fine with the one Hard Node battle. It makes it so that if you see that 7* star toon, you know that person either spent a lot of money, or a lot of time which is the way it should be for characters like Nihilus, and Baze--very powerful meta setting toons.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    There seems to be a disease in the forum. For some reason people think that by spamming the same thing over and over again will somehow convince someone in CG or EA to change a certain thing. It won't. They've decided to do it this way you have to cope with it. Yes it's a pain in the a** but posting the same thing everyday won't help anybody. If anything it pushes more meaningful threads into oblivion.
  • maythefourth420
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Deleted post. Posted to wrong thread
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the gist of your post, these single node toons are a pita. However not all f2p are the same. Being a senior f2p from december 15 shard I unlocked the nodes with ease (try borrowing a full GK from someone). Started farming Baze with a single refill for extra 3 attempts everyday since he's been placed on maps. Currently at 7/65. So this means someone whose been doing the node without a refill should have unlocked him around now or about to be. I also farmed ST from 4* (tournament unlock) to 6* just before I started on Baze, but without daily refills.

Toon releases without an unlock is a thing of the past though, these days everyone gets them unlocked.

My proposed solution about this extreme bottleneck would be to place hard node only toons to at least 2-3 nodes. Current method is way too frugal.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    hey i like the compromise, funnily the single hard node farms have made me miss a double hard node farm like FOTP.... sad but true. I'ven't really worked on FOTP that consistently but at least he's slowly crawling his way to 7 stars right now

I have 0 hopes of getting baze to 7 stars remotely soon with a single hard node. But then again I refuse to spend shipment crystals on him. he works ok as a 4 star.

Maybe it's just 'cause my memory is long. I wish i had rex or sun fac a whole year ago. not having access to them at all was worse than at least being able to crawl towards them. But on the other hand, for a toon with such low HP like Rex, anything below a 7 star is not arena worthy
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    I kinda agrees with the OP, if they want to make these characters "premium" then just make them chromium exclusive instead of this 1 year long farm. It took a while for me to clear all of the light side hard nodes and it's going to take a lot longer to get these characters to seven stars.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I kinda agrees with the OP, if they want to make these characters "premium" then just make them chromium exclusive instead of this 1 year long farm. It took a while for me to clear all of the light side hard nodes and it's going to take a lot longer to get these characters to seven stars.

well, if you would have bought them from chromiums, refreshing the node + buying them from shipments is probably alot cheaper and still alot faster than simply farming the node for 1 year.
    I just don't understand what makes people angry. Just because they said they'd become "farmable"? expectations changed and all of a sudden it's all bad, but if they didn't call em farmable it would have ben A okay?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    You can choose one hard node toon and if you earn decent crystals, farm them for free through the shipments. The upside is that if you do, you'll have a higher star baze or shore than most players. That is for the better part of a year until people catch up at a shard a day. Nobody likes the hard node farms. They do make them more exclusive. Baze and shore rock at low to mid stars at high gear. Just can't use them in raids. But they are not a list raid characters. DN is. You can boost him in the shard shop right now.
  • Options
    Try an old ben if you can find a high level one to help on 9b. I beat it with wedge lead and old ben help.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

So glad you can farm them from shipments with earned crystals! Chromium exclusive would mean very expensive to 7 star. Horrible idea!
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »

So glad you can farm them from shipments with earned crystals! Chromium exclusive would mean very expensive to 7 star. Horrible idea!

Chromium is such a waste of money. The chances of landing DN is comically low. That revolver is reserved for the whales rolling in cash. It's ridiculously random. haven't bought a chromium since Feb of 2016 back when I had a light roster and just needed any characters.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Nobody likes the hard node farms.
    I like them ;s

edit; sorry to just pick out that part of your post. the rest of your post was fine ;x
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok, F2P here too (well, truth be told I have spent 30$ in the time I have played, so really close).

I have 4* baze, 35/65. When last year was put in the shard shop, I put all my resources to get him ASAP. We had an opportunity to get him.
    Is a really useful toon even at 3/4*, and I think is just fair for those who spent a lot of money to get exclusive toons, that they still retain part of their value. That makes whales keep spending, and that is a part of why this games still roll (yes, just a part, medium and low spenders and F2P are also necessary in the model).
    So, indeed, is still a highly exclusive toon. Prove of that is that is still priced as that in the shipment shop (320crystals per 4 shards).
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    So it takes roughly 5-6 months of play to be able to beat light side hard nodes if you were free to play and focused. It will take 330 days to farm Baze to 7 star on average. That's 11 months. So we're talking about a year to a year and 4 months to farm him. There are players on my 4 month old shard that have 7 star General Kenobis. Lots of them. There's no way it should take 4 times as long to farm Baze as Kenobi. If they put him on 2 hard nodes, that's 165 days, or 5 1/2 months. considering it takes 5-6 months of play to be able to start to farm him, that means that putting him on 2 hard nodes equates to making him an 11 month farm for new players and a 6 month farm for currently leveled players. That is a reasonable stretch of time. Over a year is not.

No character should have only one hard node battle. Especially in the stage 9 battles. A 6 month farm is a good enough achievement barrier for him. That's commitment.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    This game pulls in hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, why on earth would they suddenly stop incentivizing the reasons to spend money?
  • C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    js4 wrote: »
    This game pulls in hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, why on earth would they suddenly stop incentivizing the reasons to spend money?

You are obviously missing the point of the post i suggest you read it again and take heed of the point of what the message is trying to portray.