Remove Vader from achievements!

Now that he basically is farmable, I feel the end game achievements need a new toon. Because getting Vaders shards and seeing them be sacrificed to the shard shop is heartbreaking!

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Not everyone is level 85.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • HK47isLife wrote: »
    Now that he basically is farmable, I feel the end game achievements need a new toon. Because getting Vaders shards and seeing them be sacrificed to the shard shop is heartbreaking!

I agree. I always thought that after ships were introduced, Vader's tie should have been made the new achievement reward for those who had maxed Vader.

Maybe they could have set it up in such a way that we could choose between shards and ship?
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    I like the idea because he's totally farmable now. I've upped him 2 while stars just from ship shipments.
    I don't know how it would work because I don't think everyone would support subbing out Vader, it's an interesting thought though.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    The question is what would happen for people who have already finished those achievements? If we switch out the characters, people will not have enough achievements to do it if they have finished most of them.
  • Maybe trade him off for Jedi Luke ; )
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Leave the current Vader shard achievements. Add someone new moving forward with new achievements.
  • Perfect spot for Grievous...easy solution for those who already completed the achievement, just give them the extra GG shards.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    They should make it so that after you 7* Vader, you get TIE Advanced shards instead.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    jm21 wrote: »
    The question is what would happen for people who have already finished those achievements? If we switch out the characters, people will not have enough achievements to do it if they have finished most of them.

Exactly. Are those people going to be grandfathered in to shards of the new character? I think it's fine. If anything, take him out of fleet.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    jm21 wrote: »

Exactly. Are those people going to be grandfathered in to shards of the new character? I think it's fine. If anything, take him out of fleet.

I was PO'd that they put him in fleet shipments in the first place. I farmed him from the shard shop for months only to have him given out for cheap when I was 2 shards from maxing him.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    I don't mind the idea, I just don't know how to implement it in a way that new characters don't get screwed out of Vader in the beginning (since he is used from when he is unlocked it seems), and it doesn't screw old players who have already done the achievements. I'm not against having Vader be for the earlier achievements, and a new character (which is only available through achievements) for the later game ones.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    HK47isLife wrote: »

I would agree. The only thing is which toon? And it sets up the disparity that people who have achieved all the easier ones will not get many shards compared to new players. How about omega mats and occasionally even zeta mats?
    Post edited by Juex777 on
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    As someone who has played since launch, and 7 starred Vader via achievemens, I thought adding him to fleet shipments was a slap in the face.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    It's fine to keep Vader as a reward. You can use the extra rewards in the shard shop! =P
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Not everyone is level 85.

So remove him once you hit level 85. Or add another reward. There's added rewards from completing the daily challenges once you hit lvl 85 so it makes sense that they could add a different reward in achievements for people who have hit level 85
  • Its unlikely to change. A lot of people have played the game long enough to complete most of the achievements so adding something new is not fair on them unless they reset everyones achievements.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The whole point of him being in achievements is to entice new players into the game.
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Keep him there for new players, quit wanting hand outs as a "f2p old player" that'll help you better your pixels.

Suck it up butter cup and move along.
  • The whole point of him being in achievements is to entice new players into the game.

I second this
    And to add to it, Vader is undoubtedly one of tje main foundations that holds up the star wars universe...so when new players come in and they see this whole roster and they start unlocking.. vader is one character that will keep people building until they get high enough.

The hope is by then they are hooked enough to expand the roster and it keeps the game healthy .. there is more at steak by changing this than you realise.
  • DeboerBrunos
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    AKHatbloke wrote: »
    Maybe trade him off for Jedi Luke ; )

This would be a great way to introduce Jedi Luke, make him the new achievement reward.
  • They won't add a new character this way unless they overhaul achievements as it penalises players who have played the game longest.

They have always been quick to change things when they make a mistake that only penalises players who have played the longest. Such as when the cap increased and they had a daily activity that was hard for someone who had played the game a long time to complete, they removed the activity as soon as they realised they had made a mistake.
  • Anditesh
    135 posts Member
    Id keep him, since if you do 7 star him you can keep getting shards for the Shard Shop. I would also suggesting to add his Tie to the Achievements to make it slightly easier for some to get his ship.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    HK47isLife wrote: »

I agree. I always thought that after ships were introduced, Vader's tie should have been made the new achievement reward for those who had maxed Vader.

Maybe they could have set it up in such a way that we could choose between shards and ship?

But then when you have gotten the ship at 7* what then?? More complaints?
  • I think the real issue is laziness on EAs part. If a player has fully maxxed a character, or no longer needs specific gear, then there should be alternatives offered. Why offer what someone already has? It's useless.
  • SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Keep him there for new players, quit wanting hand outs as a "f2p old player" that'll help you better your pixels.

Suck it up butter cup and move along.

Calm down, throatbeard...
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Why not have a category of a few characters, (i.e. uniques) and the achievement awards gives you a choice of their shards? So, if you already have Vader, alternate characters would be available. And people who were trying to get Vader through achievemebtw wouldn't have their legs cut out from under them.

• Its not just about having Vader finished or not a lot of players have already completed most of the achievements so would be unable to get much if a change was made.

I would love it if I could get TIE Advanced shards but it isn't going to happen.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    As someone who has played since launch, and 7 starred Vader via achievemens, I thought adding him to fleet shipments was a slap in the face.

Agreed
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Its unlikely to change. A lot of people have played the game long enough to complete most of the achievements so adding something new is not fair on them unless they reset everyones achievements.

I agree. Though it could switch to omegas or shard store credits (a good conversion) . That would be most welcome.