Can someone suggest the most lazy (auto attack-capable, ideally zeta-less) team for rancor raid?

Tamonizer
325 posts Member
The rancor raid is bumming me out and I just can't stomach playing it for now. I'm running the following team:

Teebo (L), Rex, QGJ, TFP, Phasma

I can solo the raid if I play it manually if Im luck. But I average around 9M+ damage. I need a team that can solo the rancor without me spending 1 hour or so on it. Of course the rancor raid is a necessary evil. I need the rewards with how skewed the distribution of raid gears are (ex. I have 700+ nubian scanner and 500+ nubian tech but only 100 droid caller =0) and the chance for full purple gear *stun cuffs*

Any suggestions will be appreciated! If you can give me a zetaless team the better. But Im willing to zeta someone if I can auto the raid, take a dump or something, and return to see it finished hopefully with competitive results.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not sure who to replace, maybe phasma (and lose speed down) and bring in jyn.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fives has got slow on his basic attack. Director krennic has tenacity down on his basic that isn't dependent upon crits.
    Would make it mostly soloable on auto basic that way. Teebo may not always be stealthed though. Wouldn't be maximum damage.

You could potentially pick either slow or tenacity down and leave it out, then bring in Ewok Scout, Tusken Raider, or Chewbacca for the 55% chance of 50% tm removal on basic they all share.

With good speed mods Teebo not being in stealth as much as possible may not matter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Fives has got slow on his basic attack. Director krennic has tenacity down on his basic that isn't dependent upon crits.
    Would make it mostly soloable on auto basic that way. Teebo may not always be stealthed though. Wouldn't be maximum damage.

You could potentially pick either slow or tenacity down and leave it out, then bring in Ewok Scout, Tusken Raider, or Chewbacca for the 55% chance of 50% tm removal on basic they all share.

With good speed mods Teebo not being in stealth as much as possible may not matter.

But adding in 2 toons that don't have tmr is not the beat idea.

The other 3 are good options.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Well replace TFP and Phasma with Krennic and fives so your number of tm removers would be the same. It just makes the debuffs stick better and without management.

Or Pick one of the four, ignore the other three, and add one of the tm removers I mentioned. It's not great, but it's as close as you'll get to autoing and doing well on the Rancor without a Zader lead.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My Rancor team is Teebo(L), Ewok Scout, QGJ, Rex, Fives.
    It works fairly well even on auto because all the tm removal and the slow are on the basic attack. They're nowhere near maxed (about level 80, mostly level 7 abilities, not much speed stacked on them, mostly t9 with some t10), but I can lay down 8 million with them on my guild's T6 Rancor if I try. 3 million if I just auto.

I have Tusken Raider too but his gear and abilities are sub par. I'm thinking of subbing him in for QGJ simply because QGJ has no health steal. Everyone else heals themselves back up to full between the Rancor's turns, but not QGJ, he just slowly dies...

I have Dengar 6 star too and would be using him, but I had to switch to gearing my empire characters instead of my replacement characters. He wouldn't be good for auto though.
  • Tamonizer
    325 posts Member
    Options

Well replace TFP and Phasma with Krennic and fives so your number of tm removers would be the same. It just makes the debuffs stick better and without management.

Or Pick one of the four, ignore the other three, and add one of the tm removers I mentioned. It's not great, but it's as close as you'll get to autoing and doing well on the Rancor without a Zader lead.

It might take longer to farm krennic on a Hard node farm =0

Is Zader the easiest way?!!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »

It might take longer to farm krennic on a Hard node farm =0

Is Zader the easiest way?!!
    For the moment he is quite easy due to a long standing bug. It seems like he/the Raid will be changed quite soon though and it's not certain that will be the case any longer.

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Jyn Erso (Guild Shop)
    Bistan (Cantina Store)
  • Options
    I'm working on Jyn, Bistan, ST Han, Bodhi Rook and Pao. I think that group can solo the Rancor on auto. 4 of the 5 remove TM and Pao just constantly attacks.
  • Options
    3 of the 5 also grant turn meter to their allies while Pao grants himself TM with his special and his allies grant him TM with his unique.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Rancor gains 5% TM every time it is damaged. Pao's multiple attacks without TM removal will give you a bad time.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't think it is possible to solo the Rancor on full auto. Only auto on basic.
    Pretty sure auto soloing outside of Zader is not possible at all. but the teebo team might do it if you stick with basic only auto. Teebo doesn't save his stealth for when you need it. Everyone prioritized their cooldowns over their basics which is where the best tm removal is.

If it is the Raid that's bugged and not Zader, then Zasaji should be able to as well.
  • Options
    I don't know if it can be soloed on auto but I think the team that I mentioned has the best shot outside of Zadar teams. Can Zadar teams even Solo it on auto? Idk if a teebo team can solo it on auto. Would teebo be the lead?
  • Options
    Does Pao gain 5-15% TM from his unique? If so then he and Rancor would both gain TM right?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Zader team can full Auto the entire Rancor currently. If it gets changed, may have to swap out 2 Empire/Sith and bring in Jyn Erso and Bistan to achieve full Auto.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Does Pao gain 5-15% TM from his unique? If so then he and Rancor would both gain TM right?

Pao is apparently different than most multiple attackers in that his additional damage doesn't count as additional attacks. I think this means that he won't ever add more than 5% turn meter to the Rancor, but don't quote me on that.

Huatimus wrote: »
    Zader team can full Auto the entire Rancor currently. If it gets changed, may have to swap out 2 Empire/Sith and bring in Jyn Erso and Bistan to achieve full Auto.
    Auto on basic anyway. Haven't heard of it on regular auto.

I don't think any team can do it on regular auto.

I don't know if it can be soloed on auto but I think the team that I mentioned has the best shot outside of Zadar teams. Can Zadar teams even Solo it on auto? Idk if a teebo team can solo it on auto. Would teebo be the lead?
    You may be right about the team you mentioned, but it just doesn't seem like it would work to me. Not enough regular tm removal to cover for resists and still make it to the end in my opinion. I could be wrong.

Teebo would have to be the lead. You might be able to full auto it with him, Ewok Scout, Fives, Tusken Raider and QGJ, but that would take some massive speed and potency mods to pull off I think. That would really only work if the AI saves QGJ and Teebo's 2nd specials for buffs. I know it doesn't save Teebo's tm and stealth move for when he isn't stealthed. If it did so and saved the buff wipe special, full autoing with him would be extremely possible. The only reason it would really work is because a good chunk of them only have one special and most of them have assists, which means they probably get tm removal anyway. I'd avoid omegaing Ewok Scout's special (reduces the cooldown) and Fives's basic (attacking twice is just giving the Rancor tm, and he's only there for the slow).

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it uses them all specials for Teebo and QGJ on cooldown which means you'd need a lot of speed to pull it off. Now on full auto Teebo under his own lead should be stealthed 82% of the time. With proper planning on using the Buff it's effective uptime when it counts hits more like 90-95% of the time. A 180 speed is good for using a Teebo lead team AFIK, but with the additional down time on the stealth and the reduced tm by switching out Rex, you'd need a bit more. I would probably adjust his uptime on stealth to something like 75% to make up for the reduced tm removal. So taking the extras into account I'd say something like (180 / (92.5 / 75)) = 222 So roughly a 220 speed on Teebo and a 180 speed on your other tm removers. Fives can be nice and slow, just build his damage up. WIth a setup similar to that, You MIGHT be able to full auto it

• Fredelig
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo (l), fives, Rex, Qgj, tfp
    Member of The ALLIΔNCE DeltΔcorns
  • Options
    Wedge lead Biggs Jyn K2 Cassian. Auto-able and only needs some supervision.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fredelig wrote: »
    You'd be better off with Fives than TFP. Slow is more important than tenacity down and Rex has too many specials for autoing.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Fredelig wrote: »
    You'd be better off with Fives than TFP. Slow is more important than tenacity down and Rex has too many specials for autoing.

1. He has both in that lineup.
    2. Tenacity down will matter more if you don't stack potency on your toons.

Most Zader less lineups that can auto rancor OP will include Jyn. Teebo Jyn Rex QGJ and a source of tenacity down like TFP or Dengar should be enough to do it.