Nihilus vs Kenobi

I don't know if this is a bug or WAI, but I'm very sure it shouldn't be this way. Well, nihilus' zeta unique gives health down to his enemies, and kenobi's cleanse grants the opposite buffs. So... why does health down just disappear when kenobi cleanses it? Shouldn't it become health up? (Like the one royal guard gives).

Even if it works as intended and health down just disappears, wouldn't your ally get retribution? It's weird seeing the cleanse and leave the ally with no buffs at all.

Am I missing something?

Replies

• anonidude
    703 posts Member
    +1
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    According to swgoh the ability doesn't grant health up, so health down falls under that "if any" wording at the end of the ability, but no retribution shows health down still counts as a negative effect
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/general-kenobi/ability/the-negotiator
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    According to swgoh the ability doesn't grant health up, so health down falls under that "if any" wording at the end of the ability, but no retribution shows health down still counts as a negative effect

Clearly it doesn't grant health up. My question is, why not? Health up it's the opposite of health down, there's no logical way around it.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Because there is no standardized Health Down and Health Up. For example, Nihilus Health Down is 20% whereas Royal Guard's Health Up is only 15%.

But then of course you'd probably take ANY Health Up, even 5% huh.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    That's a zeta for DN..... It almost shouldn't even be dispellable. Non-reversible....bug or not, it seems more fair how it is now
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Clearly it doesn't grant health up. My question is, why not? Health up it's the opposite of health down, there's no logical way around it.

Like I said the ability just wasn't given that capability, if you check the link you can see what it gives and what it does not. I think it should be considered a bug, and if there isn't a post about it already in the bug section it could use one
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member

Like I said the ability just wasn't given that capability, if you check the link you can see what it gives and what it does not. I think it should be considered a bug, and if there isn't a post about it already in the bug section it could use one

This is what the swgoh.gg link states: "Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them the opposite buffs for 2 turns, if any. All allies that were not debuffed gain Retribution for 2 turns. General Kenobi gains 50% Turn Meter."

Based on that, the OP is totally right.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    What does health down actually do?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I've found that DOT effects turn into heal over time.
    Post edited by CaptainRex on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • JoseIrimia wrote: »

This is what the swgoh.gg link states: "Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them the opposite buffs for 2 turns, if any. All allies that were not debuffed gain Retribution for 2 turns. General Kenobi gains 50% Turn Meter."

"If any". There isn't a standard opposite buff to Health down, ATM. But it's a good argument to present to @CG_Kozispoon, nevertheless.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    JoseIrimia wrote: »

"If any". There isn't a standard opposite buff to Health down, ATM. But it's a good argument to present to @CG_Kozispoon, nevertheless.

Huh? What is that thing that Royal Guard grants his allies then? I am pretty certain it's health up, is it not?
    Juex777 wrote: »
    That's a zeta for DN..... It almost shouldn't even be dispellable. Non-reversible....bug or not, it seems more fair how it is now

Lmao, that's not how the force works. Just because you like it this way, it doesn't mean it should work like that.
    I also would love for DM to be unable to grant stealth and give his allies huge evade chances, or for chaze to be so hard to kill, but it simply doesn't work this way.
  • Juex777 wrote: »

What about boba or dooku? Their zetas are completely nullified by health immunity. Just because it's a zeta doesn't mean it should be OP (just look at chewie)
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    What does health down actually do?

It reduces a toon's overall health pool. So for example if they started with 10000 health and the health down is 20%, that toon now only has a max of 8000 health for the duration of the debuff. I've found it to be a somewhat useless debuff as if it generally expires before you can take advantage of the lower health pool.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I've found that DOT effects turn into health up.

doesn't it turn in to a heal over time?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    leef wrote: »

Never mind I'm an id i ot that's what you just said :D:D ignore me.
  • leef wrote: »

Yes, dots convert into heals over time
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

That. I meant that :)