The best General Grievous rework yet, let's make Droids great again!

Prev1
JinSaotome
682 posts Member
Furious assault:
Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack can't be evaded or countered and has a 25% chance to stun on a critical hit.

Grievous​ wounds:
Deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict healing immunity for two turns. If any enemies were critically hit also inflict two damage over time effects for two turns. If Magnaguard is present it also assists. If the main target was a Jedi Magnaguard also deals 50% more damage and gains defense up for two turns.

Sinister laugh---> A fine addition to my collection:
Upon a finishing blow General Grievous gains stacking bonuses for the rest of the encounter depending on the faction of the enemy. If the enemy was a Jedi; gain 5% offense. If they were a Clone; gain 10% armor. If they were a Sith; gain 25% tenacity. If they were none of these faction reduce the cooldown of Grievous Wounds by 1.

Daunting presence---> Commander of the Separatist droid army: Other Separatists gain 50% counter chance and cannot be stunned. Other droids cannot be ability blocked and counter if critically hit. At the beginning of a battle target Droid gains 100% TM. (Zeta: whenever a Droid or Separatist is critically hit, dispell any debuffs on them at the end of the attackers turn. Inflict debuffs on the attacking enemy that include any the Droid or Separatist had suffered at any point during that turn. Turn duration remains the same.

Tactical retreat: Whenever Grievous' health drops below 50% gain stealth for two turns. If magnaguard is present also gain three heal over time for two turns. If the attacker that dealt the damage was a Jedi, Magnaguard also counters with Disruption.

"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Lol no thanks
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Sinister laugh---> A fine addition to my collection

No.
  • I think some of the numbers could use some balancing, and the leader ability is a bit too much, but I like it
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    No, not the worst idea for buffs upon kills but way to low to be useful and no reason for sith. Leader is also way to OP
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    +1
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    the leader ability seems good, i still would love someing to counter the anti-crit characters that are ALL meta
  • These threads are the worst.
  • DarthSalsa
    171 posts Member
    GG changes are necessary has the tools to win
    agains dodge evade and critics team without being op
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Can we make another faction great before we start making others great again?

K-Thx.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • General grevious should have his total health increase by 10% of each attack he does. Then he will get so much health that no one can stop him like the other rebels in the game. He should also heal other droids whenever he attacks.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    GG himself could def use a rework but NO droids don't need a faction pass well at least no before tons of other factions.

Droids had their time to shine for months and months and months.

The next big faction that should get a faction pass that's popular would be bounty hunters
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    He should have a call assist ability like the pheonix squad does. Except for his call assist he attacks his own teammate dealing 90 percent less damage, and receiving 25% health and protection. The teammate who he strikes then deals double damage to a random enemy. I don't know any cool names for this ability but i think it would be pretty awesome to have something like it.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    GG himself could def use a rework but NO droids don't need a faction pass well at least no before tons of other factions.

The next big faction that should get a faction pass that's popular would be bounty hunters
    I never saw droids on swgoh's meta team report for months and months, hmm.

I agree bounty hunters need a faction boost but we need more bounty hunters for that and one with a unique like Jawa Scavager that spreads thermals around. Bobas leadership could be amazing with decent bounty hunters.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    He should have a call assist ability like the pheonix squad does. Except for his call assist he attacks his own teammate dealing 90 percent less damage, and receiving 25% health and protection. The teammate who he strikes then deals double damage to a random enemy. I don't know any cool names for this ability but i think it would be pretty awesome to have something like it.

This could be a great Tacital Retreat triggered ability
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Literally the ony thing he needs is a Slow on Sinister Laughter. Maybe a damage increase across the board.

You don't fix a character by making them overpowered.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »

This could be a great Tacital Retreat triggered ability

+1
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Literally the ony thing he needs is a Slow on Sinister Laughter. Maybe a damage increase across the board.

What about Maul, Vader, Boba, Biggs, Savage, Dooku, QuiGon, and Chaze? CG/EA and players pocketbooks would have to disagree with you.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    None of those characters are broken. People only think they're broken because they're so dogmatic about One Team To Rule Them All.

So instead of adapting by switching to a counter team, people keep trying to ram a square peg into a round hole and get mad when that doesn't work.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    None of those characters are broken. People only think they're broken because they're so dogmatic about One Team To Rule Them All.

So instead of adapting by switching to a counter team, people keep trying to ram a square peg into a round hole and get mad when that doesn't work.

Ah I gotcha, like the Sith and Rex teams that people think should be able to dominate every other team without having to switch. Yeah, I'd like to see people use versatility characters instead of aoe shock--->aoe daze--->aoe cooldown reduction... or tenacity up--->triggered taunt--->100% counter, heal, assist, cleanse, debuff on a single team. I guess that's why a droid synergy team is so good. You can swap in K2so for a taunt and daze, Nebit for multi attack and taunt, Lobot for cleanse, B2 for buff immunity, and 88 for heal block (lol, sometimes). It forces you to structure your team differently instead of plugging in Mary Sues.
  • DarthSalsa
    171 posts Member

zaul is evasion team, high critics damage gg was create to counter that and he cant do it, this is garbage.
    Please zaul is broken but is no generic only good with sith , DN, GK, Rex, chaze are broken and they are generic characters.
  • DarthSalsa
    171 posts Member

Could be a separatist uptade, buy gg is hard to farm and is so bad he need the rework
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    DarthSalsa wrote: »

Could be a separatist uptade, buy gg is hard to farm and is so bad he need the rework

He shows up quite often in fleet shipments for me. I do not pick him up, but if i wanted to thus far I could probably get 20 shards a week.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member

I never saw droids on swgoh's meta team report for months and months, hmm.

I agree bounty hunters need a faction boost but we need more bounty hunters for that and one with a unique like Jawa Scavager that spreads thermals around. Bobas leadership could be amazing with decent bounty hunters.

Droids were plug and play for months and months over a few different metas.

They had one of the easiest teams because they were great for months of not having to switch toons they were always a viable options over multiple meta
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Not the best rework but +1 for a GG buff
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Not a fan of this one. Too much going on.
  • I agree gg needs reworkwd so +1 there.

These ideas are a good base but would be OP as hell and need tweaked but im on board !
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member

He's the hardest character to get in the game (GK is arguably harder to get) but he doesn't have anything to show for it. He just has a high damage basic attack and AOE, that's about it. Look at GK for example, he has: a cleanse with possible retribution, taunt, ally crit hit immunity, call every ally to assist attack, foresight, ANOTHER call every ally to assist attack. Then look at GG: unavoidable/uncounterable basic, AOE attack, AOE health down + chance remove some TM, leader ability that hurts your team just as much as the other team (completely pointless to have), +10% health for living droids, and a random forced ally taunt (death sentence for the taunter). I don't know about you, but GK seems absolutely stacked in every way compared to GG. They're both insanely hard to farm, yet one is superior to the other. Grievous needs a complete overhaul to make him usable, ever. As he stands, he just does good damage, very slight TM manipulation and absolutely nothing else.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

He's the hardest character to get in the game (GK is arguably harder to get) but he doesn't have anything to show for it. He just has a high damage basic attack and AOE, that's about it. Look at GK for example, he has: a cleanse with possible retribution, taunt, ally crit hit immunity, call every ally to assist attack, foresight, ANOTHER call every ally to assist attack. Then look at GG: unavoidable/uncounterable basic, AOE attack, AOE health down + chance remove some TM, leader ability that hurts your team just as much as the other team (completely pointless to have), +10% health for living droids, and a random forced ally taunt (death sentence for the taunter). I don't know about you, but GK seems absolutely stacked in every way compared to GG. They're both insanely hard to farm, yet one is superior to the other. Grievous needs a complete overhaul to make him usable, ever. As he stands, he just does good damage, very slight TM manipulation and absolutely nothing else.

Well said. +1 grevious is in dire need of a rework. Imagine if GK, EP, yoda, R2, Vader, raid Han, or any other character as hard a farm as them was as bad as grevious was. People would be outraged. Sure, Han and yoda aren't what they used to be, but they still had their time to shine. Even in a droid squad, grevious's bread and butter, he is still completely replaceable and unnecessary.
  • Jim17547
    223 posts Member
    These threads are the worst.

Lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    He's the hardest character to get in the game (GK is arguably harder to get) but he doesn't have anything to show for it.
    GOOD!

This is what the people who constantly make these threads don't understand, and probably never will--He's an average-powered character BECAUSE he's a hard grind to get. If he was a Must Have character, you would be forcing every player in the game to grind him out. It took me several months to get him to 5 stars, I took a short break, then another couple months to get him to 6. Thankfully by then they'd put him in Fleet, but even then I still had to grind out shards for the shard shop (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD) because fleet wasn't reiable enough. That's several months where I wasn't gaining any characters because every Galactic War token, every Cantina token, every Arena token all went to the Shard shop, I would spend all my cantina energy plus a refresh every day to sim (and, eventually, multi-sim) a cantina node for a 7-starred character so that I could get maybe 9-10 extra shards for the shop. You want EVERY PLAYER to do that? Hell no! Look, I'm glad I did it, I get good use out of Greivous in Galactic War and the tank raid, I used him in Arena until zetas made droids obsolete. But I'm not going to tell every player "Hey, if you want to get ahead, now you're going to have to grind away for months. HAVE FUN!"

But more important than that, difficulty to get is disingenuous because what else are you doing with shard currency? If it wasn't for General Greivous, for months there would have been nothing to do with your shard shop currency.