Difference between 6* & 7* Poe

I have 6* Poe and considering fully starring Him but not sure about the ROI here. What do u guys think?

Replies

• I have 6* Poe and considering fully starring Him but not sure about the ROI here. What do u guys think?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm pretty sure the difference is 1 star.
    Seriously though the increases are linear but the costs go up so the worst ROI is the last one. OTOH if Poe is a major part of your team, having that last star can matter, if it saves your squishies from one more attack. Also depends who else you are trying to get from Cantina.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Why dont you star up QGJ or Old Daka first?
  • I don't have Poe that high yet but many people are able to run Poe at 5*. As you know his main use is turn meter manipulation so I would worry more on getting your DPS to 7* before Poe.
  • Honestly I stopped mine at 5* gear 8. The difference from 5-7 is 2.3k HP, which is nothing given damage output really. His speed there is 143 already, Max up his abilities. He, like Phasma is not going to hit hard at 7. I focused elsewhere. At 5 he is sufficient for what I need. Plus this patch is going to make him easier to contain IMO, and who knows he might get hit a second time given the outcry.

I got him to 5 and went back to others in Cantina. So many good options in there.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I only 7*ed him because my ultimate goal was fielding a resistance team. Seems like his utility would still be very high at lower stars.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Yea the difference is very little from 6-7
  • He biggest difference is actually how much he can heal for when he resists an effect, his survivability does improve a little
  • Arijit wrote: »
    Why dont you star up QGJ or Old Daka first?
    I'm farming QGJ atm but still have doubt whether this is the right decision or not

Honestly I stopped mine at 5* gear 8. The difference from 5-7 is 2.3k HP, which is nothing given damage output really. His speed there is 143 already, Max up his abilities. He, like Phasma is not going to hit hard at 7. I focused elsewhere. At 5 he is sufficient for what I need. Plus this patch is going to make him easier to contain IMO, and who knows he might get hit a second time given the outcry.

I got him to 5 and went back to others in Cantina. So many good options in there.

I had thought the same. But once I got him 6 starred it's actually interesting that his extra 1k hp could sustain at least one more attack from enemy DPS meaning one less attack for my DPS, which is a huge difference in a close combat. I'm just wondering whether 7* Poe users gain such benefit from fully starring him or whether the DPS meta is too much for him.

Regarding the new patch honestly Im not that worried since almost everyone will have to deal with the balancing, due to his prevalence nowadays. I am positive no matter what nerf is done he will still be a high-speed tank with high resistance since that is what CG assigns him to be, and that's what will make him still relevant for foreseeable future - without belittling other tanks. (Unless there are other tank characters introduced)
  • He gets about 1000 more hp, plus bonuses from his tenacity perk. Doesn't sound like that much, but it could easily be the difference between your glass cannon taking the next hit or Poe