What would 100% tenacity mean?

EldMapat
85 posts Member
Say I was able to get 100% tenacity on a character with mods and bonuses from uniques: could debuffs still be applied to this character?

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Yes, if their potency is high enough, and of course depending on who is doing the debuffs, what the debuffs are. Some are irresistible.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Yes. Say their toon only has 30% pot, your toon gets 70% chance to resist. Now let's say they have 90% pot, you only have the minimum resist chance of 15%.
  • Yes. 100% is high but it doeant mean that you are immune. There would still be a chance to get debuffed depending on the attackers potency. I'm not sure what would happen if your tenacity was 100% higher than the attacker potency (e.g., 120% tenacity vs 20% or less potency). Would be cool to know.
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Means 100% sure to get debuffs on first attack :p
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    Alright thanks. I figured you had to account for potency. Just didn't know how it worked
  • Also as someone mentioned before, there is always a minimum 15% chance to resist (except with abilities whose description states they cannot be resisted).
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The chance to stick a debuff was something like this I think:
    100% - (tenacity - potency) ; but maximum 85%

Could be totally wrong but it's what I think I remember it was.
    Post edited by QuasarIngwer48 on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sadly, it means you spent a lot of mod effort on a fairly useless stat. Potency trumps tenacity and potency is easier to jack through the roof than tenacity.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I think you could get past mauls daze with high tenacity though since his base potency is 0
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    EldMapat wrote: »
    I think you could get past mauls daze with high tenacity though since his base potency is 0

You would THINK that... but for some reason he has a real nasty habit of sticking it on anyone.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    EldMapat wrote: »

His Power of Hatred brings his Potency past 50% easily.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    100% tenacity means you've just wasted credits getting tenacity mods.

My 105% tenacity B2 reminds me of this lesson.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    I dont think the devs know how potency and tenacity work. They prolly have some bugs and have stopped trying to fix the code by now.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The formula for calculating chance to land a debuff is:

100 - (((tenacity - 15) - potency + ((Defending character's level - attacking character's level) * 5 [max of 30, minimum of 0])) +15)

To calculate chance to resist, just get rid of the 100 - on the front of it.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    It means nothing to have someone at 100%. I ran RG in arena at 104% many moons ago and he still got debuffed all the time. I didn't notice any difference.
  • From what I've heard, someone with 0% potency vs someone with 100% tenacity would still have a chance of applying a debuff.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    i0kr8na87q7y.gif
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    I believe it means you've been transformed into a Terrier.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    From what I've heard, someone with 0% potency vs someone with 100% tenacity would still have a chance of applying a debuff.

I've seen it theorized that the tenacity set buff from mods is ineffective,while the primary and secondaries work, but have no actual data either way.

But the way things are supposed to work 0% potency vs 100% tenacity should be a resist every time.

The main reason that tenacity is ineffective vs potency is because they are only available in even numbers and potency starts off at an advantage. Before any tenacity or potency is counted from gear and mods there is an 85% chance to debuff and only a 15% chance to resist. Since they can only be stacked equally, it is impossible to outstack tenacity vs. your opponent's potency without going all out mod wise and benefitting from a leader ability on top of it, and even then they could still land debuffs if they stacked a bit of potency themselves.

There are a few things that could be done to even out the stats:
    They could make the starting ratio be more even: make it 50/50 either way before people start stacking potency and tenacity. Maybe even skew it a bit towards tenacity and make it 60/40.

They could increase the amount of tenacity mods give out compared to potency by 1.5%
  • I had totally missed the potency part on Maul's unique. I modded him for speed so mine is something pathetic like 4% potency and I've always been surprised by how often he gets Daze to stick. So if his health is say 20k he gains 60% potency, is that right?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Considering Maul unique is giving probably 100x the potency it should. You are not preventing it with other than tenacity up which give 999900 % tenacity.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I had totally missed the potency part on Maul's unique. I modded him for speed so mine is something pathetic like 4% potency and I've always been surprised by how often he gets Daze to stick. So if his health is say 20k he gains 60% potency, is that right?

If he has 20k(unlikely), he gains 20% to get 24k health, then 0.003% of that becomes 72% Potency.

As for Maul gaining 100x the Potency, I find that hard to believe as I do encounter more resists versus targets that actually do mod for Tenacity. Since Dev has already said they are looking into it, might as well wait for confirmation before claiming that it's giving out 100x the Potency.

• scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I had totally missed the potency part on Maul's unique. I modded him for speed so mine is something pathetic like 4% potency and I've always been surprised by how often he gets Daze to stick. So if his health is say 20k he gains 60% potency, is that right?

If he has 20k(unlikely), he gains 20% to get 24k health, then 0.003% of that becomes 72% Potency.

As for Maul gaining 100x the Potency, I find that hard to believe as I do encounter more resists versus targets that actually do mod for Tenacity. Since Dev has already said they are looking into it, might as well wait for confirmation before claiming that it's giving out 100x the Potency.

Only comes from seeing testing of a Maul that should have had about 50% potency vs a b2 with 160% tenacity. Daze applied without issue.
    I get the 100x because hey it is easy to forget to move a decimal 2 places like they should (office space).
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

Only comes from seeing testing of a Maul that should have had about 50% potency vs a b2 with 160% tenacity. Daze applied without issue.
    I get the 100x because hey it is easy to forget to move a decimal 2 places like they should (office space).

e8e8d6ebfd29823854295376337528dc9853a26b27f43c85.jpg