Dodge/deflect and likewise mechanics seem bugged

Since the last time I could play, which was early friday then the whole forever and ever loading thing came up, I noticed that in a lot of moments characters would get hurt even if the "Dodged" or "Evaded" or "Deflected" title came up.
Also fix it so I can play please.
Much love

Replies

• IzzytheMelody
    200 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Bump
  • Hey, do you think you can maybe specify a few situations where you noticed that behavior and give more details as to the own team/enemy team composition, who was used as leader, buffs/debuffs, if it was Arena battle, Galactic War, Raid, etc If you'd be able to grab a screenshot it would be perfect.

To give you an example where the situation you described might occur and is as designed: Emperor Palpatine using his basic ability "Lightning Strike" against a Shocked enemy or a Jedi/Rebel enemy. While his basic attack may be Deflected, he will still deal damage to the enemy because of his unique "Crackling Doom".
  • I can't get a screenshot, but I notice it seems to happen most often with Darth Nih
    He will also self heal and remove the effect, as if it was a hit
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Hey, do you think you can maybe specify a few situations where you noticed that behavior and give more details as to the own team/enemy team composition, who was used as leader, buffs/debuffs, if it was Arena battle, Galactic War, Raid, etc If you'd be able to grab a screenshot it would be perfect.

To give you an example where the situation you described might occur and is as designed: Emperor Palpatine using his basic ability "Lightning Strike" against a Shocked enemy or a Jedi/Rebel enemy. While his basic attack may be Deflected, he will still deal damage to the enemy because of his unique "Crackling Doom".
    I can confirm it's not just with characters, but ships as well.

Example:

Running bistans u wing in a fleet battle and my u wing is stealthed and I attack an enemy TFP. The attack is unavoidable due to the u wing being stealthed, but the attack still says "dodged" with the damage being posted underneath
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • tfp in squad battles is extremely bugged with his foresight
    the icon disappears by mistake a lot, when he attacks the deflection dodge statement comes under it and yet the icon does not appear sometimes, when u attack him in this state, he dodges and lose his foresight capability and then the foresight icon appears(but this time he can be attacked and damaged)
    his foresight icon is bugged
    also his application of foresight is also bugged, sometimes he attacks, then i attack, he takes damage, and then he gains foresight icon and statement(its not his turn and no one else rants foresight)
    @EA_MindTricks
    it mostly happens for me in gw, i will try to get a video of it next time
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    tfp in squad battles is extremely bugged with his foresight
    the icon disappears by mistake a lot, when he attacks the deflection dodge statement comes under it and yet the icon does not appear sometimes, when u attack him in this state, he dodges and lose his foresight capability and then the foresight icon appears(but this time he can be attacked and damaged)
    his foresight icon is bugged
    also his application of foresight is also bugged, sometimes he attacks, then i attack, he takes damage, and then he gains foresight icon and statement(its not his turn and no one else rants foresight)
    @EA_MindTricks
    it mostly happens for me in gw, i will try to get a video of it next time

TFP gains foresight at the ends of his turns, so if he attacks and someone counters, the counter will consume the first foresight, and then he gains it again.
  • it isnt counter
    ever since the update on 10th may foresight icon appearance has been bugged.
    i will try to get a video proof as soon as possible
    the issue is that he gains the dodge deflection statement but the icon appears at the wrong time. so when he has foresight buff it isnt clearly known
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    There was a change with a recent update that causes the fs icon to drop when you are targeting a non stunned character with fs and select an attack that can be avoided. Before the change the icon would drop with the actual attack animation
    It only changes when the icon drops. The attack still gets dodged/deflected. Not sure if this is what you are seeing.