Seperatists need synergy?

C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
141 posts Member
edited May 2017
Grievous, dooku, sun fac, IG100, B2 super battle droid. Imagine how formidible that team could be with decent synergy and mods!

Seperatists need synergy? 57 votes

Yes
68%
kaze0718SagefireZombie961MonxieSkarchaJonas1234vostromoGank_KillerAu5t1n6The6Bull6coeussColliiDanielOngLifeazurePremierVenothCyrus_RenBulYwifkodiasC0LIN_OF_JEDAHSkyeLeonne 39 votes
No
3%
anonidudeUltimateSeaDog 2 votes
Only if they zeta/rework grievous
28%
AnsroffaerendhilRoadburn12kylorexx42TooLKunSuffian123xNinePartyBoyGriffgrotesque_ahGebuttersnapsCF_Jedi1234Gabriel_BrazilK_mett1WreakerOfClashIg88isbossGrandmarichie 16 votes

Replies

• Yes
    *bump*
    Nice to see us come together on this one pretty much..lets hope ea see this☺
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    I respectfully disagree. I don't recall seeing much synergy with the separatists in lore or cannon, not sure how that would translate in SWGOH.
  • Yes
    I respectfully disagree. I don't recall seeing much synergy with the separatists in lore or cannon, not sure how that would translate in SWGOH.

Respectfully, you should probably watch the clone wars, movie and series then come back.
  • Yes
    On another note.. the votes speak for themselves
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member

Respectfully, you should probably watch the clone wars, movie and series then come back.

I did, and appreciate your opinion, but I still don't think there was much synergy. Mostly coercion and disdain among separatist leaders. The way the masters spoke to their apprentices, the hateful nature of their faction, my point is there just isn't synergy, so why add it to the game? Just my opinion, but you're right, I'm clearly the minority in this opinion.
  • Yes
    @

You are 100% entitled to an opinion its just.. the seperatists characters , are all good and if they had a binding synergy they would be alot of fun.

Not to mention the fact of how **** hard grievous is to farm. And he doesnt ever make arena or get put into raid teams.
  • Yes
    Yes please
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    @

You are 100% entitled to an opinion its just.. the seperatists characters , are all good and if they had a binding synergy they would be alot of fun.

Not to mention the fact of how **** hard grievous is to farm. And he doesnt ever make arena or get put into raid teams.

ok, that's a fair point, it would be fun. I get stuck on lore and cannon. There was a lot of deception between Dooku and Grievous, especially at the beginning, so it's hard to look past it. That being said...I couldn't agree more about Grievous. I feel like he's almost more difficult to obtain than Kenobi or Han, yet the payoff is far less rewarding. So there should be more, I agree. I could see a potential solution that didn't conflict with the story lines. Perhaps if Grievous had a rework done with his leader ability. A reduction in critical chance and critical damage across the board with him leading, in my opinion, is not good enough to sacrifice much better leader abilities available. I would like to see it changed to something that incorporates the B2 battledroid, as well as the mangaguard, who he uses as his own personal guard. DUH! There's the synergy right there, I see it now! LOL. As long as the tank magnaguard is alive, Grievous has advantage and increased speed? That could be a great one, and would make magnaguard more useful in game. I wouldn't mind seeing some carryover with non-specific separatists so you could see a bonus for using the geonosians more, but I feel like the B2 and Magnaguard are more closely related to Grievous.

I still don't see Dooku or Ventress working with any others. I just can't get past their roles in the shows, there just wasn't synergy.

The Geonosians make sense to be working together with Poggle as the lead, but who is the 5th team member?

This has been intriguing, thank you for responding.
  • Yes
    Yeah its good to see the community wants this because its sorely needed..i feel my investment in grievous has been a waste so far lol !
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

I did, and appreciate your opinion, but I still don't think there was much synergy. Mostly coercion and disdain among separatist leaders. The way the masters spoke to their apprentices, the hateful nature of their faction, my point is there just isn't synergy, so why add it to the game? Just my opinion, but you're right, I'm clearly the minority in this opinion.

My god. This is a holotable game. Darth nihilus and hk47 don't even exist. Ashoka has night sister synergy. I'm pretty sure seps can have faction synergy...
  • I respectfully disagree. I don't recall seeing much synergy with the separatists in lore or cannon, not sure how that would translate in SWGOH.

I put the critical point you raised in bold. This group was all about over-throwing the G.R. Over-throwing is aggression which can be translated into an offensive-like mechanic with mindfulness to their mutinous behavior...catch my drift? Sort of like a "double-edged sword" mechanic to add a check and balance in this potential synergy and leadership exclusive to Separatists.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Yes
    Of course synergy is needed, why else was the tag added? GG also needs an individual buff.
  • Yes
    TCW allows so much potential. Don't worry, you'll get it, probably all of it.... eventually.

Probably need a couple more droids (Droideka, obv.) and then a slew of commanders to use them in new ways. I mean, right from the opening movie you have General Loathsom (these names.....) Would absolutely make a good one - he had that shield thing -- so he boosts and regenerates Droid protection like crazy. Maybe it's not meta breaking, but could be cool to totally manipulate protection.

There's a whole bunch of villain'du'jour to chose from and they each had a 'thing' that had to be overcome. i'd like to see the lead off with Padme/Sabe and the galactic republic -- and it seems to be CG's way to lead off with the light side. Though, DN seems to have shaken that up.

Of course, this will all get buried under the mega-sh**-tonne-pile of "when is Jedi WhineCryer coming out...." threads
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yes

Of course, this will all get buried under the mega-sh**-tonne-pile of "when is Jedi WhineCryer coming out...." threads

Haha true.. jedi are actually really good at high levels as they are especially with zqui gon and zYoda.. they need a little bit of a tweak but not a complete rework

Grievous and the seperatists have nothing right now.
  • Yes
    Monxie wrote: »
    Of course synergy is needed, why else was the tag added? GG also needs an individual buff.

Agreed.. i really hope this is on the roadmap
  • C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes
    I hope a dev does take a look the votes are pretty one sided, surely this would be less work than throwing lots of new pointless characters like pao and bohdi rook into the game.