13458 posts Member
    Options
    Rhino-sad.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    What are we talking about in here?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Rhino-sad.jpg

:'(
  • Options
    Sniping maybe? Other guilds taking your players?
  • Options
    It must be sniping he is talking about.

Sniping is the most toxic thing hurting this game currently.

A 24 hour best ranking reward is sorely needed.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Silleck wrote: »
    God I love it! /end sarcasm

Are you back oh glorious leader?
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    Options

Sniping is sniping, poaching is stealing other guild members
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i feel like this thread isn't reaching it's full potential.
    A former guildmate of mine left my guild to join a BHG guild. I'm not mad about it and i wish him and his new guildmates all the best, but i'm not making threads about poaching either ;)
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options

Sniping is sniping, poaching is stealing other guild members

It's unfortunate, but happens quite a bit!
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    As an officer in a guild who has been accused of poaching before...

It's almost always the member who reaches out first looking for a new guild, not the guild poaching specific players.
    If your member isn't happy (for whatever reason) and asks to join another guild, you can't very well blame the new guild for that can you?
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

It's almost always the member who reaches out first looking for a new guild, not the guild poaching specific players.
    If your member isn't happy (for whatever reason) and asks to join another guild, you can't very well blame the new guild for that can you?

Agreed, but there are times where other guild recruiters target the less known guilds and poach from their guild server
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Options

Yes you can because they're...

- better than you
    - more appealing than you
    - better organized than
    - more equal to others
    - a better time fit than
    - communicating is better
    - having better chances at growth
    - more relaxed/competitive than you

What am i saying these are legitimate reasons to find a new guild, not poach someone from a guild.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

While I agree fully with your post, key words almost always :P
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm specifically talking about people who poach members from other guilds. Nothing less, nothing more. As in the intend to steal members. I.e. Contact top members of other guilds and persuade them to leave and join them
  • Options
    I'm specifically talking about people who poach members from other guilds. Nothing less, nothing more. As in the intend to steal members.

well, if players are not happy in your guild, it's not their fault.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm specifically talking about people who poach members from other guilds. Nothing less, nothing more. As in the intend to steal members.

That has absolutely nothing to do with poaching. That is a guild member complaining to others and reaching out. Poaching is another guild actively reaching out to other guild members and trying to steal them.
  • Options
    GvG will come around and it'll be amped up to 11, prepare.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

That has absolutely nothing to do with poaching. That is a guild member complaining to others and reaching out. Poaching is another guild actively reaching out to other guild members and trying to steal them.

You can't poach someone who isn't already unhappy where they are at.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

To be fair, some of it has to do with relatively weaker guilds not being able to do heroic AATs as soon. That isn't so much about "happiness" as it is about the practical aspects of getting raid gear and GK shards as soon as possible. It's an unfortunate reality that many "growing" guilds end up dealing with at some point.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    sying wrote: »

You can't poach someone who isn't already unhappy where they are at.

You can, and you can fail at your attempt as well.

I should rephrase my original post, it's more along the lines of attempting to poach other members
  • DaveAugust
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Poaching is about to get a whole world of worse over the next few weeks, enjoy! Also, can you send me ally codes for your big hitters.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

To be fair, some of it has to do with relatively weaker guilds not being able to do heroic AATs as soon. That isn't so much about "happiness" as it is about the practical aspects of getting raid gear and GK shards as soon as possible. It's an unfortunate reality that many "growing" guilds end up dealing with at some point.

Well, face it, who wants to stay in a t4 pit guild when they are level 85?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Don't think the OP is talking about that specific problem though. I believe BHG took on their fair share of new recruits from guilds that weren't able to beat hAAT. Probably mostly on the player's request, not the guild's.
    I don't blame them, nor do i blame the players who join a heroic guild in order to progress faster. It is what it is.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    Options

Don't think the OP is talking about that specific problem though. I believe BHG took on their fair share of new recruits from guilds that weren't able to beat hAAT. Probably mostly on the player's request, not the guild's.
    I don't blame them, nor do i blame the players who join a heroic guild in order to progress faster. It is what it is.

Yes, exactly, BHG has never poached members, we never have and never will, we never reach out to other members from different guilds, trying to recruit them. Members reach out to us first.
    That isn't poaching.

Like I said I'm specifically talking about guilds, who actively reach out to other guild members first, in an attempt to recruit/steal them. That is poaching.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options
    He's talking about guild recruiters targeting the guild and stealing heavy hitters. It's nothing new a lot of guilds do that lol they find a guild doing NaaT working towards HaaT (see guild recruitment forums) and simply contact them and possibly even join them with the intent of poaching their heavy hitters.

People don't necessarily have to be unhappy, but when enticed with a free ride and some GK shards ofcourse people jump ship.

Poaching is a huge issue
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Theophany wrote: »
    He's talking about guild recruiters targeting the guild and stealing heavy hitters. It's nothing new a lot of guilds do that lol they find a guild doing NaaT working towards HaaT (see guild recruitment forums) and simply contact them and possibly even join them with the intent of poaching their heavy hitters.

People don't necessarily have to be unhappy, but when enticed with a free ride and some GK shards ofcourse people jump ship.

Poaching is a huge issue

Finally someone got it :) cheers to you!

But... BHG has every division doing hAAT, what or who could entice a member from BHG to leave? :P
  • Vaylin
    39 posts Member
    Options
    It's not always about poaching. Many players join a random guild when they first started playing. I joined a guild using the in game feature, but later I left to join a more raid focus guild. I could have joined one those guilds with HAAT on farm with the only requirement is the 600 daily contribution. However, I wanted a guild who did not have HAAT already on farm.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options
    Theophany wrote: »

Poaching is a huge issue

Finally someone got it :) cheers to you!

But... BHG has every division doing hAAT, what or who could entice a member from BHG to leave? :P

That's a different bracket and at that point it would be another top 25 guild preparing for GvG
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Yes, exactly, BHG has never poached members, we never have and never will, we never reach out to other members from different guilds, trying to recruit them. Members reach out to us first.
    That isn't poaching.

Like I said I'm specifically talking about guilds, who actively reach out to other guild members first, in an attempt to recruit/steal them. That is poaching.

I find it very hard to believe that no one in your guild(s) has ever asked a member of another guild to join.
    End of the day it's the player who decides if he wants to stay or join the other guild. So why get all worked up about it?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    So sad all this "preparing" for a rumor that will most likely flop like tournaments because of rampant cheating.
This discussion has been closed.