I'm against NERF

13Next

Replies

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    leef wrote: »
    Or could you explain the reason behind not using nerfs on their part?

Because the game is not that bad:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1059318/#Comment_1059318
    Said this already.

so pretty much everyone who's asking for nerfs is wrong, including yourself?
    Alright, you're a grown person (I think?) you can put 2 and 2 together or you can continue trying the sneaky sideline approach to loop this endlessly. Points have been explained sufficiently by myself and many others.
    So what are you even talking about? lol
    Read

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Waez wrote: »
    With all due respect, to me, this is just outrageously misguided and misinformed, and, or, unaware of games, mechanics, development etc.

You cannot blame the developers if something slips out of whack. That will happen naturally. This is the nature of the beast, we cannot escape that. And so what? Nothing remains the same in games like these. You wouldn't want that either.

There are other options than straight up nerfing characters. These other options also seem to be the prefered choice. So apparantly the devs mostly agree with everyone that is against nerfs. I'm not sure why, i'm no expert. You make it seem you're guided, informed, aware of games, mechanics and development, so maybe you're the right person to explain why it's better to not nerf characters and look for other options to let the game evolve. Seeying as the devs released and reworked quite alot of characters that instantly became meta and almost never directly nerfed a character.
    Or you could just keep repeating that nerfs are mandatory and anyone who disagrees is misinformed, misguided etc etc.

The reason is simple: $$$

With power creep instead of nerfs, the devs can keep cashing in the sweet money they get from people who either pay for the character or pay for his gear/level/abilities.

If they nerf a character, you don't need to pay for a shiny new toy that can counter the current meta.

Somehow everyone agrees with that. The official reason is that it "would be unfair to those who paid for the character". So everyone assumes they would lose a very good character with no compensation.

The thing is, when EA introduce a power creep new hero that counters the current meta, the previously OP characters become worthless too, just like if they were nerfed.

The only difference is that if you had nerfed them, more teams could have appeared and became viable. There would be more diversity.
    With the current power creep/Counter to what's OP method, the new meta becomes the new character. There's no diversity.

See R2: You slap him on a Rex lead and it counters ZMaul. Nothing new. Still Rex and ZMaul (for a time) in the Arena.

If ZMaul has been nerfed, we could have seen more teams: FO, Resistance, even Phoenix. More Jedi too.

See Shoretrooper: They could have nerfed Wiggs, and many teams would have been more viable. But instead, they created Shoretrooper to stop Wiggs. What happened? Shore was put in Rex or Wiggs team, and there was no increase in diversity.

Wow. Someone with a brain around here!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    What does being f2p change?
  • It's taken him ages to attain him and now he doesn't want his months of work hammered flat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    With all due respect, to me, this is just outrageously misguided and misinformed, and, or, unaware of games, mechanics, development etc.

You cannot blame the developers if something slips out of whack. That will happen naturally. This is the nature of the beast, we cannot escape that. And so what? Nothing remains the same in games like these. You wouldn't want that either.

There are other options than straight up nerfing characters. These other options also seem to be the prefered choice. So apparantly the devs mostly agree with everyone that is against nerfs. I'm not sure why, i'm no expert. You make it seem you're guided, informed, aware of games, mechanics and development, so maybe you're the right person to explain why it's better to not nerf characters and look for other options to let the game evolve. Seeying as the devs released and reworked quite alot of characters that instantly became meta and almost never directly nerfed a character.
    Or you could just keep repeating that nerfs are mandatory and anyone who disagrees is misinformed, misguided etc etc.

With power creep instead of nerfs, the devs can keep cashing in the sweet money they get from people who either pay for the character or pay for his gear/level/abilities.

If they nerf a character, you don't need to pay for a shiny new toy that can counter the current meta.

Somehow everyone agrees with that. The official reason is that it "would be unfair to those who paid for the character". So everyone assumes they would lose a very good character with no compensation.

The thing is, when EA introduce a power creep new hero that counters the current meta, the previously OP characters become worthless too, just like if they were nerfed.

The only difference is that if you had nerfed them, more teams could have appeared and became viable. There would be more diversity.
    With the current power creep/Counter to what's OP method, the new meta becomes the new character. There's no diversity.

See R2: You slap him on a Rex lead and it counters ZMaul. Nothing new. Still Rex and ZMaul (for a time) in the Arena.

If ZMaul has been nerfed, we could have seen more teams: FO, Resistance, even Phoenix. More Jedi too.

See Shoretrooper: They could have nerfed Wiggs, and many teams would have been more viable. But instead, they created Shoretrooper to stop Wiggs. What happened? Shore was put in Rex or Wiggs team, and there was no increase in diversity.

meh, i don't believe nerfing wiggs, zmaul or any of the characters that some players thought deserved a nerf would have done wonders for the diversity in arena. That's just wishfull thinking.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    One thing to note with the current power creep system is that it's completely unsustainable.

With each power creep generation, non-meta characters become weaker and weaker.

This narrows down the possibilities. Reworks solve that, but let's be honest, we would need 50 of those to simply bring diversity to the current roster. It won't happen soon, and by the time it does, new power creep characters will have raised the bar higher.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

meh, i don't believe nerfing wiggs, zmaul or any of the characters that some players thought deserved a nerf would have done wonders for the diversity in arena. That's just wishfull thinking.

How about something to back up your claims rather than "well I believe" ?
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    One thing to note with the current power creep system is that it's completely unsustainable.

With each power creep generation, non-meta characters become weaker and weaker.

This narrows down the possibilities. Reworks solve that, but let's be honest, we would need 50 of those to simply bring diversity to the current roster. It won't happen soon, and by the time it does, new power creep characters will have raised the bar higher.
    Great posts. Great points.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member

To each his opinion, but as far as I'm concerned, I believe in nerfs. The Barris and Poe nerfs, for instance, did their job.

It's all about Nerfing the right thing in the character to create clear weaknesses and strengths.

If you're looking for more insight on this, I suggest you look up all the interviews, blogs and videos that Riot Games posts about balance. They really do a lot of thinking for LoL, and it's interesting to understand their approach.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Saying you are against nerfs means you want the game to be P2W and all about grinding/ spending money rather than tactics/gameplay.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1059318/#Comment_1059318
    Said this already.

Alright, you're a grown person (I think?) you can put 2 and 2 together or you can continue trying the sneaky sideline approach to loop this endlessly. Points have been explained sufficiently by myself and many others.
    Read

I'm not sneaky about anything. I straight up asked you a question that you didn't awnser. twice now ;)
    a dictionary link to the word "read" is pretty funny though.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Said this already.

Read

I'm not sneaky about anything.
    Well, you can't be now. After all, anyone reading the thread would notice you aren't reading properly or refusing to acknowledge the points.

But eventually you did though.

You did in the previous post where you just admitted you prefer no nerfs, which pretty much means you do not want a balanced game. Thumbs up though.
    Because it's what you need to do. Properly this time though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

To each his opinion, but as far as I'm concerned, I believe in nerfs. The Barris and Poe nerfs, for instance, did their job.

It's all about Nerfing the right thing in the character to create clear weaknesses and strengths.

If you're looking for more insight on this, I suggest you look up all the interviews, blogs and videos that Riot Games posts about balance. They really do a lot of thinking for LoL, and it's interesting to understand their approach.

I'm not against all nerfs, i don't think anyone is. I wasn't playing when barriss got nerfed, so i don't know what happened there. Poe i believe made every match a sure loss for non-poe users and a 50/50 if both were using poe. so yea...

• leef
    13458 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

Well, you can't be now. After all, anyone reading the thread would notice you aren't reading properly or refusing to acknowledge the points.

You did in the previous post where you just admitted you prefer no nerfs, which pretty much means you do not want a balanced game. Thumbs up though.

haha, what are you even talking about? now i'm not sneaky anymore?
    I personally think that anyone reading this thread realizes you're just talking out of your behind. You keep throwing cheezy insults and you have trouble actually awnsering direct questions. Luckely for you someone else helps you out and you can quote them and type +1 ;)
    I also hope that someone else thinks giving a dictionary link for the word "read" is funny for the same reason i think it's funny.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

I personally think that anyone reading this thread realizes you're just talking out of your behind. You keep throwing cheezy insults and you have trouble actually awnsering direct questions. Luckely for you someone else helps you out and you can quote them and type +1 ;)
    I also hope that someone else thinks giving a dictionary link for the word "read" is funny for the same reason i think it's funny.
    That is an extremely insecure post. All points have been explained already, you just keep trying to loop. You can also just research my background and experience. https://www.psiraise.com/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

That is an extremely insecure post. All points have been explained already, you just keep trying to loop. You can also just research my background and experience. https://www.psiraise.com/

here you go again, calling my comment insecure, extremely insecure even. Why do that? It's so unnecessary.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

here you go again, calling my comment insecure, extremely insecure even. Why do that? It's so unnecessary.
    Observations, nothing personal.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

haha, you realize you just dodged another direct question right?
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Palp was the end of old Ben lead not b2 are zam.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

You realize I gave you the answer and you either lack reading comprehension or trolling?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

You realize I gave you the answer and you either lack reading comprehension or trolling?

I don't think you understood the question if you think that's an awnser. but yea, must be my reading comprehension ;)
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

Said this already.

Read

I don't think you understood the question if you think that's an awnser. but yea, must be my reading comprehension ;)
    Okay.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Are you being serious? Scripture or not, wiki or yahoo, forum or live speak - sense is sense and logic is logic, no matter where it is written. That is the definition for the gaming terms. Would you like me to use dictionary next time?

Yes, I'm dead serious, because I can go on wiki right now and modify the information to my understanding of it, complete with references, and then would you still agree? There's a really good reason why respected higher learning institutions will not allow wiki references.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Are you being serious? Scripture or not, wiki or yahoo, forum or live speak - sense is sense and logic is logic, no matter where it is written. That is the definition for the gaming terms. Would you like me to use dictionary next time?

Yes, I'm dead serious, because I can go on wiki right now and modify the information to my understanding of it, complete with references, and then would you still agree?
    Stop. Face the exact point - those are the definitions of the words. That's it. You know it, I know it. Simple.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Seriously guys stop bothering with him. He ignores facts he can't twist to fit his narrative and pretends others don't exist, dodges questions he has no answer for and pretends they're irrelevant, and throws about his "experience" as though playing a subscription based game has any relevance to developing a Freemium game. He has nothing of merit to say and will inevitably resort to insults and faux psychoanalysis and reductive nonsense as he has already begun to do... Don't waste your time.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    fascizio wrote: »
    Seriously guys stop bothering with him. He ignores facts he can't twist to fit his narrative and pretends others don't exist, dodges questions he has no answer for and pretends they're irrelevant, and throws about his "experience" as though playing a subscription based game has any relevance to developing a Freemium game. He has nothing of merit to say and will inevitably resort to insults and faux psychoanalysis and reductive nonsense as he has already begun to do... Don't waste your time.
    This was really funny actually.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Thank you all for your comments on this thread, it appears to have reached it's conclusion. Closed.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
This discussion has been closed.