Giving challenge gear rewards in the tank raid

Berimbolo
946 posts Member
Please stop this, getting pieces of gear you already have 1000's of is such a slap in the face

Thanks

Replies

• NPMelo
    32 posts Member
    Options
    +10000
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    More binoculars?
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    Ely wrote: »
    More binoculars?

Yes, lol, I hope I can use the 2000 of them I already have...soon

Boom!
  • Options
    Agreed
  • NPMelo
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Its past the time where we should be guaranteed full crafted gear in a certain rank of the raids
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Ely wrote: »
    More binoculars?

Yes, lol, I hope I can use the 2000 of them I already have...soon

Boom!

Maybe in August
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    Its just crazy, all the effort and gear people have put into there toons for this raid, building teams for each phases, gearing clones you only use in the raids, etc...and then, when it's all done, you get multiple rewards you have thousands of, THOUSANDS
  • Push2Stops
    489 posts Member
    Options
    I do hope the Devs consider this adjustment. It's a very reasonable request and makes even more sense now that all challenge gear is available at the top tier.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Please stop this, getting pieces of gear you already have 1000's of is such a slap in the face

Thanks
    +1
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The binoculars that were referenced are even apart of a piece that already needs 50 cuffs and other tank gear, we already have thousands

How is this a reward?

• NPMelo
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, now you have thousands and twenty something
  • Options
    It is a slap in the face. People suggest quality of life changes often, yet we never receive any feedback.

I personally think they are 100% in it for the money only. That is why we get trash challenge gear in raids and arena is a set time vs highest rank in 24 hours.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It is a slap in the face. People suggest quality of life changes often, yet we never receive any feedback.

I personally think they are 100% in it for the money only. That is why we get trash challenge gear in raids and arena is a set time vs highest rank in 24 hours.

Except there have been changes. People were constantly requesting that all challenge gear be available at the highest tier, and they did that. You can't expect to get everything you ask for, and you can't just ignore the stuff they have listened to and declare they are just in it for the money and you never get anything.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, I am fine the way it is. I need like 1500 Syringes and probably 3000 Carbs.. I'd be okay with some of the other gear being remove though.
  • NPMelo
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Except there have been changes. People were constantly requesting that all challenge gear be available at the highest tier, and they did that. You can't expect to get everything you ask for, and you can't just ignore the stuff they have listened to and declare they are just in it for the money and you never get anything.

They have gone a loooong way and improved a lot, thats a FACT.

Raid rewards still suck tho.

We need some sort of gear shop. We get gear currency only from raids and convert it there. Guild shop is borderline useless nowadays anyway.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, I am fine the way it is. I need like 1500 Syringes and probably 3000 Carbs.. I'd be okay with some of the other gear being remove though.

Not the rancor, that is actually usable gear

Thread title says tank raid
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NPMelo wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

They have gone a loooong way and improved a lot, thats a FACT.

Raid rewards still suck tho.

We need some sort of gear shop. We get gear currency only from raids and convert it there. Guild shop is borderline useless nowadays anyway.

Right, if there was a method of conversion, at least gathered gear wouldn't be 'wasted.' We all have 2000 of much of that stuff since the Rank raid dropped -- we're going to just keep acquiring it.

Shard currency? IDK, it would be consistent with how things are done now. I.e. 1000 whites = 500 green = 250 blue = 150 purple = 50 yellow = 50 gear shop currency.

I making stuff, up, but you get the idea. Then 300 currency will buy you X gear.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Prudkoan
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Possible solutions:

1. gear shop

2. Universal pieces as a reward in raids, which can be converted into any gear

3. guaranteed drop of equipment from battles

4. more rational distribution of awards - fully crafted gear depending on the place in the raid
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_TopHat made a comment about gear in a recent podcast that it's something they are looking into. There has to be some way to balance the 1000 binoculars to 0 cuffs. Maybe?
  • Options
    Maybe they are listening. They should comment on the forums more often and let us know that they hear us.
    A little acknowledgement is not much to ask.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they are listening. They should comment on the forums more often and let us know that they hear us.
    A little acknowledgement is not much to ask.

You must be new.
  • Options
    If you show me a piece of paper that says they shouldn't have challenge gear in raid boxes, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but may I offer a possible reason why this has not/may never happen?

It isn't that difficult to manipulate this by having your low-level players farming just enough to have a single 6-7* character to enter the raid. Let guild-mates smash the raid and begin gearing at a higher rate than previously available.

Awarding full pieces by what place you came it would be very easily manipulated by 1 guy soloing, everyone else register 0, and letting the new guy with only a Lando at 7* gear 7 take 2nd with 17,000 in damage...

One way to do this is by only allowing entry to the raid with a full squad, in a way proving that you have advanced enough to have access to full crafted gear, but there wouldn't be much positive feedback on the forums for that move either.

Bonus flaming allowed if you know the movie the intro came from...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Spinucci
    15 posts Member
    Options
    +1 definitely a slap in the face. Considering you only get 2-3 pieces of gear or types of salvage and 1 is always challenge gear. Not to mention getting rank 4 or 44 and the rewards are very similar.
  • FredIV
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you show me a piece of paper that says they shouldn't have challenge gear in raid boxes, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but may I offer a possible reason why this has not/may never happen?

It isn't that difficult to manipulate this by having your low-level players farming just enough to have a single 6-7* character to enter the raid. Let guild-mates smash the raid and begin gearing at a higher rate than previously available.

Awarding full pieces by what place you came it would be very easily manipulated by 1 guy soloing, everyone else register 0, and letting the new guy with only a Lando at 7* gear 7 take 2nd with 17,000 in damage...

One way to do this is by only allowing entry to the raid with a full squad, in a way proving that you have advanced enough to have access to full crafted gear, but there wouldn't be much positive feedback on the forums for that move either.

I don't see why this situation is a problem. If you can get a guild to organize themselves to do this, more power to them. Besides, guilds can already do this, the reward spread is just different.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    I received gear I have 1300 of, gear I have 600 of and then gear that no character even needs. I don't even remember the last time I got useful gear let alone a fully crafted piece. Everyone in my guild is gearing up their characters and meanwhile here's me sitting on the side going "oh that's nice".
  • NPMelo
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    I received gear I have 1300 of, gear I have 600 of and then gear that no character even needs. I don't even remember the last time I got useful gear let alone a fully crafted piece. Everyone in my guild is gearing up their characters and meanwhile here's me sitting on the side going "oh that's nice".

^me
    I can only gear my ppl cause im lucky enough there is no one in my payout in my shard, so i can buy gear every other day
  • Options
    FredIV wrote: »

I don't see why this situation is a problem. If you can get a guild to organize themselves to do this, more power to them. Besides, guilds can already do this, the reward spread is just different.

The point is that they would just be giving much more. And in the future, many more guilds would be trying to organize this behavior.

A great step is to keep the chances of challenge gear showing up in the lower payouts (blue/green boxes), lower chances of challenge gear from purple. Remove the chance of challenge gear from the gold and red while increasing the chances of salvage gear of the really tough stuff from those prizes. If they were kind... yes, increase the chances of full crafted items too from those top boxes.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard