Quick question, is there any way to kill Zavage without Boba/Nhillus?

JinSaotome
682 posts Member
edited May 2017
I ran into him in GW today and played all six of my different team comps including a max damage/evasion one. After droids, rex, rebels, sith, empire, Jedi, etc and a long 30 minute match using GK, I had to execute him using Boba. (For some reason the team kept focusing down Nhillus even with 3 tanks protecting). That's a lot of retreats by the way. What's really funny is that in every team comp I tried I was able to kill every other character AND have all five of my characters survive with protection left.

I first tried to kill Savage first, couldnt do it and the rest of the toons beat on me. But I could kill every other toon around him easily. Then he'd effectively solo five gear 11 characters from six different team comps. I even considered Zetaing Vader to see if a massive screen-long string of dots could do it but he gains 50% TM every time I attacked him, never dipped below one green bar of health so I doubt that would help.
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• Juex777
    968 posts Member
    I haven't had to deal with zavage. Only savage who is easy enough to stun, shock daze or apply heal immunity. I imagine if you have enough toons that stun, shock daze and adopt healing immunity you can keep applying debuffs on him so he can't shrug it off after one turn.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    You could also attack him earlier. So he keeps absorbing debuffs from his allies and can't regenerate. Your taking about under a DN lead? That's where he seems most dangerous.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Sorry. Not shock. That's only tm and and counters
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    The easiest way to kill him is with shock followed up by one or 2 attacks. It can be tricky because Zavage will cleanse on a critical hit, but if your toons have enough ohko, he'll go down with shock applied.

You can also take him down by applying buff immunity. He'll gain his TM, but not his hots or defense and he'll go down like any other toon.

Another way is to go DN lead if you have him and apply shock, daze or heal immunity. If you don't crit he won't cleanse and goes down normal.

My Zavage goes down against ai mostly via shock and a follow up attack or two.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    I've tried shock but all my teams crit, I tried DAN lead but he just keeps healing. Even B2 but he'll crit. No combo worked where he ever had a debuff on him for more than a few attacks.
  • Rogue One squad. Jyn to stun him and Cassian to stack debuffs and exposes. He goes down quickly.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    Tried against another zavage team. Seems I don't have enough non-critical characters unless I play just 4 sith and that's not enough to beat the rest of the team. Invariably it comes down to one character critting just once and him resetting to full health. Wow. Seeing this I can't wait to see what the Droid zetas will be like. Or Grevious'! Maybe he'll gain an extra attack every time he's critted, foresight, expose the attacker, then buff the entire party! Still won't be enough to kill Zavage tho
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    Rogue One squad. Jyn to stun him and Cassian to stack debuffs and exposes. He goes down quickly.

Is there a way to keep the from critting? Because even muktiple exposes are wiped after one attack. Was hoping Rey's triple strike would finish him off with a double expose but she critted and he proceeded to slaughter the entire team after that.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    It seems silly that landing a critical hit has become a bad thing.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    Ive one shot him at full health no prot with chirrut at 5 star

He is fairly easy to deal with if u arnt wiggs or clones

Need large hits i suspect rey woukd work jyn lead with cass as well
  • mplv
    70 posts Member
    Boba will roast him
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Nope. You need nihlus or boba. I lost a 5v1 all my guys at pretty much full hp today. Ridiculous.
  • DanielOng
    114 posts Member
    Genosian spy?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Edit again: nevermind, looks like everything I mentioned had already been addressed...
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Chirrut will one shot if all or most of his protection has been taken down, happens to mine all the time.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    A Zeta'd Savage is a pretty big liability vs a Zader lead. Especially if Boba is there. Let him build up his buffs/debuffs and execute should take care of the rest. Just mostly ignore him until last or almost last, depending on who's around him.
  • Jedi.Knight.Anakin
  • Just sounds like you aren't doing enough damage. There are plenty of characters or combinations available that do huge damage (Chirrut, Wiggs, Sith Assassin, zVader, Boba, Nihilus, zRey, Geo Spy, zKylo)

If you say wiggs isn't dealing enough damage, then you don't have the right mods on them; you need a critical damage set and triangle primary.

Combine high damage with some debuffers and some defensive characters and boom.

Obviously work on getting Boba and Nihilus since they are 2 of the best characters in the game. Boba is very farmable and Nihilus is fine at 3 or 4 stars.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just sounds like you aren't doing enough damage. There are plenty of characters or combinations available that do huge damage (Chirrut, Wiggs, Sith Assassin, zVader, Boba, Nihilus, zRey, Geo Spy, zKylo)

If you say wiggs isn't dealing enough damage, then you don't have the right mods on them; you need a critical damage set and triangle primary.

Combine high damage with some debuffers and some defensive characters and boom.

Obviously work on getting Boba and Nihilus since they are 2 of the best characters in the game. Boba is very farmable and Nihilus is fine at 3 or 4 stars.

I have boba max gear except for a mk6 det with crit dam and speed secondaries that put him at 212. Still can't seem to nail zavage and get rid of all his health unless I get lucky. Nhillus is 4 *, just gotta hear him to 11. But man he gets focused down on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Sorry. Not shock. That's only tm and and counters
    Shock is TM, buff immunity, and heal immunity.

You're thinking of Daze, which is TM, no counters, and can't assist.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I've lost a team against Zavage et. al. in GW, but then I pick a team just geared to slay him and it's fine.

Personally I find him a horrid beast and have every intention of Zeta'ing him myself. Just, now, hoping he's legit, and it's not some bug that makes him so good.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Zader team or deathmark from DT worked for me well.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Once Zavage is stealthed from the Maul lead, shock/daze him and then focus on him. He won't gain TM and won't cleanse himself because he is stealthed and while he is stealthed he has crit immunity. That works for me a lot as long as all of the sith are Stealthed, or you can save him for annihilate. Usually it's just easier to annihilate him.
  • JinSaotome wrote: »
    I have boba max gear except for a mk6 det with crit dam and speed secondaries that put him at 212. Still can't seem to nail zavage and get rid of all his health unless I get lucky. Nhillus is 4 *, just gotta hear him to 11. But man he gets focused down on
    Need protection primary on the circle, cross, and triangle. Nihiulus is very durable even at 4 stars.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I ran into him on a final node of my galactic war. Took out everybody but him, then was scrambling to find a team that could take him out alone. Ended up doing it with a Rex lead, Wiggs, and Lando. Rex's %health based attack, Wiggs triple, Wedge and Lando was enough in a row to take him out.
  • I usually hit him with healing immunity from Kylo and then blast him with FOTP. Other strats work too, as mentioned above.