there's still some lack of consistencies within the new fixes

M_L
469 posts Member
so... the whole slew of resistance toons get the "fix" that make it sound like, multiple exposes on the same toon wasn't intended.

if that's the case, then should JKA no longer be able to proc multiple exposes on himself if he misses a few crits when doing his AOE?

that would make sense, right? but don't take away multiple exposes on the offensive side but leave them on the defensive side.

personally I'm not sure why multiple exposes aren't allowed, especially considering how inanely the AI handles fighting against exposed toons....

bonus fun note for me personally, did anyone even know the eeth koth's unique for crit chance wasn't working? hahahahhahahah

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    wait, is expose not going to stack anymore?? It makes sense I guess, foresight doesn't stack
  • Jyn lead allows for near limitless multiple exposes. I see no mention of that being taken away.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    hmm, so then i'm curious why resistance all got the shaft. for example. Finn's takedown just says, damage and expose, with a chance to stun.

the fix notes seem to imply that post fix, if you use takedown on an already exposed enemy, they will no longer end up being exposed again. Why? shouldn't the damage he deals proc the first expose, and then the expose from this takedown apply afterward? (for simplicity's sake i'll pretend this takedown didn't proc the stun).

this isn't even stacking exposes. just that his takedown do what the description says. I find it very peculiar that the Resistance notes about expose are in a section that make it sound like this was always meant to work this way, instead of a straight up nerf. Seems like a straight up nerf rather than a fix...

maybe it's to differentiate between the type of exposes Resistance toons can do, vs what can occur under a Jyn lead?
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    actually i just realized out of the Resistance toons, 3 of 4 who can expose got the "fix", but not poe... This just makes no sense. So if enemy toons say, 2 of 5 have expose already, and then Poe taunts, only he can proc more than one expose on an already exposed enemy? just not the other resistance toons?

i mean honestly, even within the faction that doesn't make any sense. What makes Poe's ability to expose any different from Finn or RP or RT's....

I just like consistency, and this is bizarre. Maybe you guys can better rationalize it.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    This really doesn't make sense and is a fundamental change to how the toons work. We have no way of deducing the intent of a skill to decide if it's incorrect or not. There was nothing in the descriptions that would make me think it was not working correctly but if it was incorrect behavior why did it take months of silence to apply a "fix"??

People spend time (and often money) to advance their toons based on what they observe in the game. This is not acceptable behavior.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    actually i'll wait 'til the fix is out to judge. Some others on a different thread basically stated it's just the description that's changed, not functionality.

I don't have a zeta'd Finn, but I was leaning towards him. But maybe his takedown couldn't continue the expose on an already exposed toon currently. That's possible. Personally I still think that's somewhat strange, but maybe after the fix the description and reality will match.

Perhaps Poe's exclusion from the fix notes is intentional too. so maybe continuous expose isn't a thing but stacked exposes from a non damaging move like his taunt can still happen.

Would love to hear someone who has a zeta'd Finn lead to comment on behavior right now, vs tomorrow.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Currently expose doesn't stack for Finn, RP, and RT, which is NOT WAI if you look at every other character that inflicts Expose. Instead of fixing this bug, which is what it was, they decided to roll with it. That's why this "fix" is effectively a nerf.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Behavior won't change it is just a pure intentional nerf to Resistance to show "respect to our investment" @CG_TopHat
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    hmm, actually the more i think about it, maybe it makes sense?

the 3 resistance toons with their descriptions fixed deals damage along with the expose effect. so right now, if they hit someone already with expose, it doesn't apply expose again I presume. But Poe, who does not damage, can still expose on top of other exposes.

are there other damage dealing toon that'll reapply expose if hitting an exposed toon? anyone with darth Sidious doing an aoe on an exposed toon can clear this up? if DS also currently, after this aoe, do not apply expose again to an already exposed toon, then i'd say current behavior is at least consistent at least
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    DS apply expose over expose and triggers the damage.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    M_L wrote: »

the 3 resistance toons with their descriptions fixed deals damage along with the expose effect. so right now, if they hit someone already with expose, it doesn't apply expose again I presume. But Poe, who does not damage, can still expose on top of other exposes.

are there other damage dealing toon that'll reapply expose if hitting an exposed toon? anyone with darth Sidious doing an aoe on an exposed toon can clear this up? if DS also currently, after this aoe, do not apply expose again to an already exposed toon, then i'd say current behavior is at least consistent at least

Sid's aoe will consume expose and reapply it, same with RP's X-wing (but not the actual character!)
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    ohh if sid consumes expose and reapplies it, then i really don't get why the 3 damage dealing Resistance abilities won't do the same, ugh.
  • M_L wrote: »

Yes, thx to Momma Jyn, Cassian can lay down multiple exposes on the same toon. Here's a screenshot of one of my Arena runs:

IMG_3821.png
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    DS apply expose over expose and triggers the damage.

I've never seen my Sidious apply more than 1 expose at a time. Of course it only happens on his AOE, and I've never tested to try and make it do it more than once. It should cause damage, which would take away the prior Expose and potentially add a new one.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • From watch understand it's just a few that can't place multiple exposes and that's being corrected because they never should've been able to however some toons can place multiple exposes
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I've never seen my Sidious apply more than 1 expose at a time. Of course it only happens on his AOE, and I've never tested to try and make it do it more than once. It should cause damage, which would take away the prior Expose and potentially add a new one.

That's exactly what Sid's aoe does and what the 3 Resistance toons are supposed to do but don't
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    That situation makes perfect sense. If Cassian throws his grenade and inflicts multiple debuffs on a toon, jyn's leader kicks in and can apply multiple exposes per debuff that sticks.

The expose happens after the debuff.

I haven't seen Sid apply expose over another expose but this screenshot can be explained.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-6uaNwgpFE

DS triggers expose and apply new one on first move.
  • JohnDoe
    57 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Currently expose doesn't stack for Finn, RP, and RT, which is NOT WAI if you look at every other character that inflicts Expose. Instead of fixing this bug, which is what it was, they decided to roll with it. That's why this "fix" is effectively a nerf.

This is actually how i see it too. EA/CG dont change the game mechanics, just change descriptions for those toons.

As long as i have played with my Resistance toons they havent stacked exposes. Only one who could do it was Poe and the aint changing him description.

Fix or a Nerf? Go figure, Resistance team will work tomorrow actually same as they are working today as it comes to exposes.
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Just a wording change - the updated wording is how it currently functions in game. Poe's taunt is the only ability on a resistance team that has stacked expose and the wording is not changing. Move along.
  • Hack wrote: »
    Just a wording change - the updated wording is how it currently functions in game. Poe's taunt is the only ability on a resistance team that has stacked expose and the wording is not changing. Move along.

You're not seeing the bigger picture. It took others explaining it before I started agreeing with them. Many other toons can reapply Exposes, and Darth Sidious and Cassian are two of them.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Hack wrote: »

You can move along and Resistance users will resist.
  • Updating a description to match a bug is a nerf.