Difficulty of Galactic Wars is directly related to arena ranking?

SCPD
73 posts Member
I heard a lot of people saying that, is it true? My ranking are quite stable, I can't tell.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    This is false. It is based on the highest Power Rating of teams you have used in Arena/GW. My arena ranking is stable and GW did not change until I purposely took the 5 highest power rating characters I had and used them on the first node of GW. My GW 12th node was then 'broken' after that and I got the easiest team ever. It remained broken even after I did not use that 'over-inflated' team again. (Basically, there is no point trying to reduce the Power Rating after you have used a higher one as the formula takes the max you have used previously)
  • SCPD
    73 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    This is false. It is based on the highest Power Rating of teams you have used in Arena/GW. My arena ranking is stable and GW did not change until I purposely took the 5 highest power rating characters I had and used them on the first node of GW. My GW 12th node was then 'broken' after that and I got the easiest team ever. It remained broken even after I did not use that 'over-inflated' team again. (Basically, there is no point trying to reduce the Power Rating after you have used a higher one as the formula takes the max you have used previously)
    So theoretically if you engage with a team that has enough POWER points, you can have a super easy squad in both 11 and 12? Though your level 10 will be the most difficult as your prievous level 11?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Theoretically yes but I sure as heck do not have enough of them Carbantis to gear so many tanks.

Or rather I'm saving them up for when I unlock Kenobi. Maybe GK can help me break node 11.
  • SCPD
    73 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Theoretically yes but I sure as heck do not have enough of them Carbantis to gear so many tanks.

Or rather I'm saving them up for when I unlock Kenobi. Maybe GK can help me break node 11.

GK ate my 200 cuffs and still has a ridiculous low dmg, typical low dmg for tanks.
  • SCPD wrote: »
    I heard a lot of people saying that, is it true? My ranking are quite stable, I can't tell.

A lot of people are wrong. What we do know are contributing factors. I think everybody can agree that your highest power characters influence the difficulty curve of the GW table. What we don't all agree on is how exactly that mechanic works. Is it enough to just have 5 very high power characters on your roster or do you actually need to use them somewhere to affect GW? Do you have to use them in Arena? On a GW node? There seems to be evidence for all of these possibilities.

But there appears to be no evidence at all for Arena rank influencing GW scaling.

I did a research project last summer that convinced me that you don't have to use your Top5 high power characters anywhere to affect the GW power scale, just have them on your roster. I still believe this. But others maintain that you must use them together somewhere, the most popular opinion is Arena, but I do not think so.

I plan to test another theory tomorrow that predicts easy nodes occur based on the highest power squad you've fielded on a GW node. If your Top5 power is high enough and you use them all together on a GW node, they say that's when the easy nodes appear. Since my Top5 has been holding steady at 49k for a month now, this seems a fine time to test that theory.
  • I plan to test another theory tomorrow that predicts easy nodes occur based on the highest power squad you've fielded on a GW node. If your Top5 power is high enough and you use them all together on a GW node, they say that's when the easy nodes appear. Since my Top5 has been holding steady at 49k for a month now, this seems a fine time to test that theory.

Theory tested. N11 still difficult. What does this mean? It means that fielding a 49k team in GW was not enough to create an easy N11 in my game.
  • Don't forget, we're not all on the same 'shard', so the results will vary. The teams I face in GW will likely be different to what you face. What that means for the various theories I'm not really sure... There does seem to be a point at which node 12 simply can't be x% stronger than your top 5 toons or however it's calculated. But that point is most likely a little different on each 'shard'.

btw - I have no idea how you can tell which 'shard' you're on.
  • I tried putting my strongest toons in node 1 to see if that 'breaks' node 12.
    Nope. Still a crazy powerful team. Beatable, but crazy strong.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Was that node filled with tanks like GK, Baze, Shoretrooper or RG?
    You probably need more Power Rating to 'break' the node.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Was that node filled with tanks like GK, Baze, Shoretrooper or RG?
    You probably need more Power Rating to 'break' the node.

I think that n12 was Shore, RG and Sun Fac, so fairly tanky.
    I'll admit, I don't have a lot of tanks at high level.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Listen to @EventineElessedil - he knows of what he speaks and has probably done a more thorough examination of GW and understands it better than the devs themselves.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hi everyone, so sorry if I come off as a complete blithering ****, but since I am still a "newbie" to the game and I am only starting to collect the more interesting characters, I was wondering if there is any way to LOWER one's ranking in Galactic War and Area Fights. For the past few weeks the game has been pitting me against much stronger adversaries and I am unable to win neither of the two, which in turn greatly slows down my collecting of the "gems"/"shards" to unlock the characters offered in those "shipments"

Thanks a bunch.
    "Anything Else Is Just Brand X"
  • I also believe that it's the best 5 toons on your roster, using them in arena has nothing to do with it.
    So, no, you can't ever lower your score to make GW easier, but you can bring up your B and C teams to the same level as your arena team. I very rarely fail to finish GW since I enacted this strategy. Of course my arena rank has suffered, but you can't have everything.