Now with zVader getting his bugfix...

...and seeing that people who zeta'd the buggy Barris got their upgrade costs refunded,
I sincerely hope that EA will do the same and refund all zeta Vaders.
Many Vaders were zeta'd to solo the Rancor which used to be possible.
Let's see whether they keep in line with their former decisions or make it a rip-off this time.

The Wiggs/Chaze nerfs of taking out their unique bonuses were kind of unforeseen, too, after Wiggs going for a year or so without any "bugfix" - and no statements that these abilities were malfunctioning whatsoever!
I'm sure many will be happy to see those combos nerfed but for anyone who's raised those (at times kind of pay-to-play) toons, it's naturally a rip off too.

Those changes may seem like good balancing to some but I suppose that a great lot of players and possibly whales will just be angry. And legitimately so.
The combo-mechanics weren't even stated to be bugs but working as intended, so we finally got the first NERFS in SWGoH history.
And another buggy zeta being fixed is a good reason to demand consistency and that affected players should get refunds like zBarris players did.

The patch isn't live yet so it's difficult to say anything - but this smells like a rip off already.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    These are not the first nerfs in SWGOH history. Barriss and Poe were first 2.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Barriss and Old Ben was the first 2 :wink:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • That's a way to see it of course. But I think they said in any of those cases the characters hadn't been wai and passed them out as bugfixes, didn't they?
    Well, Wiggs has been wai for a year or so. No way to sell that one as a bug.
  • DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    Hang on, I have been getting ripped off by the zaders in my guild stealing the higher raid rewards through their cheating bugged toon. I demand compensation in the way of gear. The zaders shouldn't get a refund, they should lose their ill gotten loot. The rest of us deserve a refund.

• DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    lol, wink emoji didn't appear to work
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    zBarris players did not lose their arena rewards or anything either tho.
    -
    People spend money to obtain and gear strong characters.
    They nerf those characters.
    They expect you to repeat.
    It seems that is becoming the way they want to earn money \ not via content but by betraying their player base.
    Things are getting more and more out of hand.
    I don't think a Dev team could stoop any lower than that.
    If affected players are not refunded any resources at least (which the patch notes don't mention), that's the best reason ever to stop playing or at least not spend a single dollar anymore.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    personally i'm just happy zvader in combination with palp shock will work again in p3 hAAT. That's the real reason i zeta'd him, couldn't care less about the rancor.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Azn_sensashun
    137 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    What exactly are they nerfing on ZVader?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    His turn meter removal will no longer stack when transitioning between phases of Rancor Raid
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member

They're fixing a bug that allowed Zader's lead to remove a LOT more TM than it should in phases 2-4 of Rancor.
  • Will he be affected in arena or other areas outside Rancor? I was contemplating using Zader and now I don't know if I should use my second zeta on him.
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017

They are nerfing other things like duo-combos of toons.
    About Vader, that was at least stated as a bug.

His TMR won't be as effective as it now is on encounters after the first. This does not only affect the Rancor but also any other battle with more than one encounter including events and pve nodes.
    This also affects the hAAT if you previously used to nuke the last zero point something percent of a phase to get a transition. So @leef: properly used, a zVader+Palpy team for p3 will now have less TMR than before.
  • - I'm not sure if it also affects Galactic Wars if you previously charged turn meter into a zVader team.
  • doubt they will even consider a zader refund, they stated he was bugged a while ago and people zeta'd him just to exploit that bug, his ability will be working as normal everywhere else in the game so i dont know why people are asking for a refund when they knew at some point they would fix this anyways
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Will he be affected in arena or other areas outside Rancor? I was contemplating using Zader and now I don't know if I should use my second zeta on him.

It'll affect node battles and hAAT, but it's not all that relevant there. I guess there were some niche vader teams that relied on a vader lead for palpatine that removes tm AND start at the end of p2 in order to make use of the bug, but honestly, that is pretty niche: for most people, vader lead in p3 has become better due to the palpatine bugfix, and not worse.

It won't affect arena or GW, because those aren't multi-phase battles (the palpatine fix is a buff for these).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

His TMR won't be as effective as it now is on encounters after the first. This does not only affect the Rancor but also any other battle with more than one encounter including events and pve nodes.
    This also affects the hAAT if you previously used to nuke the last zero point something percent of a phase to get a transition. So @leef: properly used, a zVader+Palpy team for p3 will now have less TMR than before.

you're wrong.
    Shocked enemies didnt get TMR at all from vader's leader. Well they originally did, but then they changed it. Now they're changing it again.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

you're wrong.
    Shocked enemies didnt get TMR at all from vader's leader. Well they originally did, but then they changed it. Now they're changing it again.

"Emperor Palpatine can now remove Turn Meter from his unique "Crackling Doom" under a Darth Vader Zeta lead"
    this is the part i'm referring to in case any was wondering. This is most definately a favourable bug fix for zVader users. @danflorian1984
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I think people are confusing "nerf" with "fix". Plenty of people - myself included, have benefited from the Zeta Vader bug. We used our Zeta's fully knowing that it was bugged and reaped the rewards for months. To imply the fix is some sort of shock and unexpected is ludicrous as is the expectation of many to have a refund of their Zeta mats.

Consider how you have profiteered from this bug before crying over it being fixed finally. I welcome the fix if for nothing else than to curb the incessant infighting in guilds with regards to Pit Leader boards and being sorted by Player ID.
    I fight the good fight
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017

you're wrong.

Only Palpy's unique. That'll only affect the adds a little.
    Palpy's unique change won't make up for what Vader's lead did.
    People abusing zVader on a good team felt the difference. A team dealing ~1kk on phase could hit for 1.7kk+ damage and I've seen some break the 2kk.

These numbers will go down to the normal ~1-1.2kk for decent zVader teams entering on the phase. Maybe a tad more. But not close to what was possible before.
    But the patch will show that when it's live.
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    -
  • ishr
    38 posts Member
    +1, most did not even know this was bugged (and therefore susceptible to nerfage) until MANY MONTHS after zeta for vader became available. If anything this is worse than the Barriss situation. There should be at least a partial refund.
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    ishr wrote: »
    +1, most did not even know this was bugged (and therefore susceptible to nerfage) until MANY MONTHS after zeta for vader became available. If anything this is worse than the Barriss situation. There should be at least a partial refund.

And yet, they still used their Zeta's to reap the rewards when they did find out. C'mon you can't be that naive. Drop the pretenses folks, this was coming for a long time and to complain about it now when you have soloed for moths is really scraping the barrel.
    I fight the good fight
  • Well if you can couple him with say an omega' Barriss in phase 4 AAT, he can still do enormous damage.y guild can't do heroic yet. I just zeta' my Vader yesterday knowing this fix was coming, and I will still benefit greatly. I imagine he will still be pretty useful in phase 2 as well.
  • ishr wrote: »

Precisely. They changed so much back and forth.
    Most people upgrading their Vaders weren't aware of the bug but just knew he would solo the Rancor and be great in many more places.
    Dreislao wrote: »
    And yet, they still used their Zeta's to reap the rewards when they did find out. C'mon you can't be that naive. Drop the pretenses folks, this was coming for a long time and to complain about it now when you have soloed for moths is really scraping the barrel.
    Just like Barris players got arena rewards for weeks.
    And zVader doesn't mean you get any extra rewards... You can still solo-clear the raid and end rank 20.
    Due to lack of a tie-breaker there wasn't much reaping rewards for zVader. Maybe for your player ID ..
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow, thanks for the bad rng the last to days, I thought about zeta him, but I only had 18/20. Nice timing. :smiley:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

you're wrong.

Only Palpy's unique. That'll only affect the adds a little.
    Palpy's unique change won't make up for what Vader's lead did.
    People abusing zVader on a good team felt the difference. A team dealing ~1kk on phase could hit for 1.7kk+ damage and I've seen some break the 2kk.

These numbers will go down to the normal ~1-1.2kk for decent zVader teams entering on the phase. Maybe a tad more. But not close to what was possible before.
    But the patch will show that when it's live.

being able to reduce TM on shocked enemies every turn palp gets is not adding just a little, it's adding a whole lot. It means that when you've shocked all the support droids, they'll never get a turn until palp is dead.
    I'm not sure how the stacked TMR between phases was that beneficial for zvader users in p3. Mostly because you'd need to time entering the battle pretty precisely, wich in most guilds is almost impossible. And even if you did, i don't see how it would turn a 1kk score into a 2kk score. you're still gonna die from counters and how will you deal with the support droids?