Confused on zVader's bug fix

Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
Pretty much what the title says. What does it mean, "Darth Vader’s "Inspiring Through Fear” will no longer cause extra Turn Meter removal on encounters past the first."

I'm new to the zVader family, as I just got him on May the 4th.

But I thought the turn meter removal just worked when you damaged an enemy? Don't get this "past the first" business.

CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

518 posts Member
    Options
    zVader is supposed to remove 20% TM with 50% chance. The problem was, he removed more than that. First, he removed the initial 20% but it seems, at some point, he removed something more.
    It was not much I think but I can't say it for sure so I won't take this step, others might give you better infos !
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Basically zVader was bugged where in events with more than one stage, i.e. places of power, rancour raid, after the first stage he would begin removing more TM than he should. So say you beat phase 1 of the rancour with a zVader team, when you move into phase 2 you'll be taking off 40% tm rather than 20%. At least that's how it was explained to me, other people might have a more technical answer than that
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, he gives 20% turn meter removal on hits. So I don't understand how that went up.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    When you do rancor, he starts removing progressively more TM each stage. By the end, each Sith hit is removing about 40% TM which makes the final stages a cakewalk.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    lladdir wrote: »
    Basically zVader was bugged where in events with more than one stage, i.e. places of power, rancour raid, after the first stage he would begin removing more TM than he should. So say you beat phase 1 of the rancour with a zVader team, when you move into phase 2 you'll be taking off 40% tm rather than 20%. At least that's how it was explained to me, other people might have a more technical answer than that

Oh, I gotcha. So his bonus would stack while moving through tiers. So instead of taking 20% per hit he would grant 40% per hit. And then 60%? If I'm understanding correctly.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Yeah, he gives 20% turn meter removal on hits. So I don't understand how that went up.

As he transitioned between phases, the amount he reduced went up another 20%. So phase 1 of rancor works normally. Phase 2 they're removing 40%. Phase 3 they're removing 60%, and finally phase 4 was 80%.

Some were able to do the entire phase 4 with two or three characters.

Now, it's just 20%. The way it's supposed to work in the skill description.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    lladdir wrote: »

Oh, I gotcha. So his bonus would stack while moving through tiers. So instead of taking 20% per hit he would grant 40% per hit. And then 60%? If I'm understanding correctly.

yes in some cases it seemed like even more than that...force crush for instance would work like teebo and take all tm away at times...
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

As he transitioned between phases, the amount he reduced went up another 20%. So phase 1 of rancor works normally. Phase 2 they're removing 40%. Phase 3 they're removing 60%, and finally phase 4 was 80%.

Some were able to do the entire phase 4 with two or three characters.

Now, it's just 20%. The way it's supposed to work in the skill description.

Oh, that's crazy. Well I never knew the difference so I ain't even mad.
  • Taphaell
    20 posts Member
    Options
    The case is/was (by tomorrow) that zVader would remove those 20% TM with a 50% chance in part 1 of the pit. In part 2 it got stacked, so he had two 50% chances of 20% TM removal with one hit. In part three it was three 50% chances, in p4 four 50% chances. This made him and all sith/empire allies removing way more TM than that what was intended. The phrase "past the first encounter" is strange, but refers to that bug. More will be seen by tomorrow.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Taphaell wrote: »
    The case is/was (by tomorrow) that zVader would remove those 20% TM with a 50% chance in part 1 of the pit. In part 2 it got stacked, so he had two 50% chances of 20% TM removal with one hit. In part three it was three 50% chances, in p4 four 50% chances. This made him and all sith/empire allies removing way more TM than that what was intended. The phrase "past the first encounter" is strange, but refers to that bug. More will be seen by tomorrow.

Ah, gotcha. Well that would've been awesome to exploit. Too bad I only just got him his Z. Oh well. Worked well enough in last night's raid. Still did about 2 million on auto.