Hello everybody!

Currently I run the following chars on my main team:

Phasma (leader) 5*
Sid 6*
IG-86 5*
Old Daka 5*
Lumi 5*

All are lvl60 and gear VIII

Although this team is usually considered to be pretty ok I do have problems against certain teams even in the ~200 range in arena. Guess I need a bit more damage.

Second reason why I want a new char is that I tend to get bored pretty quickly :/

Anyway, need another toon, either as permanent member of my main team or at least for switching.

Problem is, that I can't decide on a toon. Could narrow it down to 3 chars, need your opinion on which one would fit best:

IG-88
Sid as leader, IG instead of Phasma?

Kylo Ren
Not sure about him, hard to find a good one to borrow for testing. But when I fight a team that has him he always feels quite strong. If I get him I have to keep Phasma also, so who should I bench then?

GS
Same as 88 here, would bench Phasma and give lead to Sid. Although I think that GS could work well with Phasma also.

At the moment I tend to go for GS but I'm really curious what you guys think.

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    You can go for more than once at same time, as they are in different farming locations.

My suggestion is you get GS or Kylo in cantina missions, Poe to 4-5*and then Qi Gon Jin in cantina shipments, plus Poggle in GW.

Do Sid (L) Poe IG88 Kylo Poggle (for massive AOE+Expose), or Phasma(L) Poe GS IG86 QGJ for massive assist damage.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Thx, but that would mean to farm 3 or even 4 chars, that's too much at once. I already work on QGJ (currently 3*, lvl60 gear VI), but Poggle and Po? Not sure I won't them. And not sure I would feel well without a healer, although it may work that way.
  • Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Thx, but that would mean to farm 3 or even 4 chars, that's too much at once. I already work on QGJ (currently 3*, lvl60 gear VI), but Poggle and Po? Not sure I won't them. And not sure I would feel well without a healer, although it may work that way.

Once you get to the higher levels of arena, the damage is just too much for healers to keep up with. Poggle and Poe are pretty good together because they make your other 3 toons that much better. If you only want to focus on one, I would recommend GS or Kylo. Without Poe having both of the IGs means your team will have a low health pool with no protection.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Get Lumi to 7*. From arena u can make Sid 7* then u can farm IG88 exclusively.

I like Kylo Ren, I have him at 6* atm and farming his shards till 7* then I will work on GS.

Kylo works well with Phasma.

Kylo got counter and does big crits when he's below 50% health. GS has higher tier gear and can call assist every other turn.

I would suggest u pick one and work towards 7*.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Ok folks, I think 88 is not my next toon, the health is really low for a team without a taunting tank. I hope GS can stand a hit or two?
    On the other hand 88 works well in droid teams and HK-47 can't get aggro also. Decisions, decisions....

Hm, just tried to farm a few GS shards in cantina, 18 fights, 3 shards, that's not much. But danm, now I unlocked him so I think I continue there, although cantina stage 1 really ain't the best place for farming....
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Droid teams have a tank too. It is called Poe, just like FO's team tank, Resistance tank, and Nightsister tank.
    Healing is not that useful in current high level arena. Chars have 2 states: perfectly healed, and dead. Nothing in between. It might me helpful if you still see Sid, Kylo, dooku, Luminara and other low damage chars in your bracket. With QGJ, GS, 86, Rey, FOTP, etc, people die with no chance to be healed, and that's current cookie cutter in my bracket
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To be honest, I don't like the current arena style much. I usually have a lot more fun doing GW then doing arena. It's more about strategy there, arena is just about damage and bonus attacks mostly. But hey, as everybody else I need my arena tokkens