Deathtrooper over Boba Fett in a zVader team?

Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
I have a 7 star, 85, Gear 9 Death Trooper and was wondering the same thing, but with a zVader lead.

zVader (maxed out star, gear, level)
Emperor (maxed out star, gear, level)
TFP (maxed out star, gear, level)
Shoretrooper (maxed out star, gear, level)
Boba Fett (maxed out star, gear, level)

So should I max out Deathtrooper and put him in instead of Fett?

I'm on a launch shard and usually battle for low 40s in Arena, but that's because some of my characters don't have all the necessary mods on them...yet.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• I don't run any of the above, but simply due to the fact that he would benefit from the zader lead, you're looking at another AOE TMR. Only negative is boba kills chirrut easily (he always kills mine) but with the deathmark I have read that trooper can also kill chaze. I think would be worth a shot.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    I don't run any of the above, but simply due to the fact that he would benefit from the zader lead, you're looking at another AOE TMR. Only negative is boba kills chirrut easily (he always kills mine) but with the deathmark I have read that trooper can also kill chaze. I think would be worth a shot.

Yeah, but my Boba is also pretty fast, so his ability block is also in consideration. Hmmm....
  • TFPability blocks the primary target, not the same I know but you can still block the one who's special you're most scared of. Plus I imagine deathtrooper will hit hard under zader leader with the offense gain.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    TFPability blocks the primary target, not the same I know but you can still block the one who's special you're most scared of. Plus I imagine deathtrooper will hit hard under zader leader with the offense gain.

True, it does take out the first man up. Just hate to throw resources on Deathtrooper getting him to max gear if he doesn't workout. I'm sure someone has made the legit switch with info on whether or not it's a better swap.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    I play both and adore them, i change tfp with zid and palp with death trooper. Sometimes i change shore with palp, if the other team have some heavy debuffer.
    The boba's ability block and execute are too important
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    LordInuy wrote: »
    I play both and adore them, i change tfp with zid and palp with death trooper. Sometimes i change shore with palp, if the other team have some heavy debuffer.
    The boba's ability block and execute are too important

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Ability Block and Execute have gotten me this far. But that Deathmark, plus all the bonuses you get from zVader make me think twice about switching it up.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I have a 7 star, 85, Gear 9 Death Trooper and was wondering the same thing, but with a zVader lead.

zVader (maxed out star, gear, level)
    Emperor (maxed out star, gear, level)
    TFP (maxed out star, gear, level)
    Shoretrooper (maxed out star, gear, level)
    Boba Fett (maxed out star, gear, level)

So should I max out Deathtrooper and put him in instead of Fett?

I'm on a launch shard and usually battle for low 40s in Arena, but that's because some of my characters don't have all the necessary mods on them...yet.

I'm looking to run a similar team, using nihilus in place of boba instead. Is there any specific reason why you would go with deathtrooper over nihilus for this squad or is it just a matter of having already invested in the one?
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    I definitely repleced tfp with death trooper, his ability are useless against rex team and he's too weak. Death trooper is great against chaze and his deathmark can kill other boba or tank early and he have double life of tfp. Tfp can kill enemy early but can death with three aoe
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    LordInuy wrote: »
    I definitely repleced tfp with death trooper, his ability are useless against rex team and he's too weak. Death trooper is great against chaze and his deathmark can kill other boba or tank early and he have double life of tfp. Tfp can kill enemy early but can death with three aoe

Valid points, but no way I'm getting rid of TFP. He's too fast and his ability block plus buff immunity wrecks teams. Plus he can hit for 30,000.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Replace Palpatine or TFP with deathtrooper.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    I've a fast boba (244), he play first aganist rex team and i try ability block, if gk or chirrut resist and cleanse and rex can tenacity up the team i can debuff them with dt, then i can use zader ability. Dt is more fast then zader for this reason
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Replace Palpatine or TFP with deathtrooper.

Reasoning? His shock and mass stun is crucial in most battles.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    I run zader lead. Shore, tfp,emp, and dt. I swamp out shore with r2 or rex as needed. Boba is great, in my opinion boba is a must, but shore can be replaced with dt if your team is fast enough. Mostly, dt would be a rotation piece for you. Boba, emp, are just too good and tfp hits too hard to replace.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Seltgar wrote: »
    I run zader lead. Shore, tfp,emp, and dt. I swamp out shore with r2 or rex as needed. Boba is great, in my opinion boba is a must, but shore can be replaced with dt if your team is fast enough. Mostly, dt would be a rotation piece for you. Boba, emp, are just too good and tfp hits too hard to replace.

So basically put Deathtrooper in based on the matchup I'm trying to battle?
  • I'm thinking about this very same thing too. Would the synergy between shore and death after much?10% max health and 10^ health steal?
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    I'm thinking about this very same thing too. Would the synergy between shore and death after much?10% max health and 10^ health steal?

Oh yeah, forgot about that part of it.
  • Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    And ShT MagmaT and DT?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DT will be good with Vader if you fight any Rex or Tenacity up teams that are faster than your vader, which is almost everytime the case. DT can clean this tenacity up and your Vader can apply his Dots. Boba needs to go before Rex, and if he's lower than him, replace boba by DT so he can remove the Tenacity up for your vader.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Skarcha wrote: »
    And ShT MagmaT and DT?

Well Shoretrooper IS already on my squad. Don't think I would put Magmatrooper over Fett.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    DT will be good with Vader if you fight any Rex or Tenacity up teams that are faster than your vader, which is almost everytime the case. DT can clean this tenacity up and your Vader can apply his Dots. Boba needs to go before Rex, and if he's lower than him, replace boba by DT so he can remove the Tenacity up for your vader.

Yeah, my Boba is pretty fast. Fastest on my team until I can get the correct mods for my TFP, which I'm working on.