Death with an auto revive not properly stopping actions and Debuffs bug

Woodroward
3749 posts Member
edited May 2017
So when a character with self revive dies and comes back in the same turn, it allows actions to continue and debuffs to reapply.

Examples: Leia's attacking Boba Fett will continue with bonus attacks after his revive if her first attack kills him.

Darth Vader's permanent DoTs will reapply at the end of the turn if a character self revives, but not if they are revived through other means.

However these effects would not persist or continue if the character was revived in a later turn through some other fashion, so they basically don't deal with death consistently.

I would like to think the appropriate solution would be to make death prevent all persistent, ongoing, and end of turn effects from reapplying.

Thanks
Post edited by Woodroward on

Replies

• LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Come back, also on boba come back
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I get that they do, but I guess I am asking is this is WAI?

It seems like death should dispel them though nothing else can.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Until it gets changed, I would say its WAI :)
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Well it does say that whenever it expires, the DOT gets renewed. Technically, death expires the DOT. I assume when they revive, the DOT gets renewed. This seems to be WAI from a certain point of view. You will find Woodroward, that many things depend on a certain point of view.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    It is definitely inconsistent, as if a turret dies in the tank raid it comes back without the dots.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kriesha wrote: »
    Until it gets changed, I would say its WAI :)

giphy.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • WAI
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Exletion wrote: »
    Well it does say that whenever it expires, the DOT gets renewed. Technically, death expires the DOT. I assume when they revive, the DOT gets renewed. This seems to be WAI from a certain point of view. You will find Woodroward, that many things depend on a certain point of view.
    I know if they die and I revive them later the DoT's don't renew, but if they instantly revive they do. It just seems like death should either stop them renewing or not, and it currently works both ways.

• CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    It is definitely inconsistent, as if a turret dies in the tank raid it comes back without the dots.

That's what I was thinking too. I think we should also ask what happens when Daka, EE, or Jyn revive someone who had DOT on them. I'm pretty sure they don't come back.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    CleverWes wrote: »

That's what I was thinking too. I think we should also ask what happens when Daka, EE, or Jyn revive someone who had DOT on them. I'm pretty sure they don't come back.

If I revive them with Jawa Engineer, the DoTs don't reappear.

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    I guess if the character is defeated and revived in the same turn they come back?
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    CleverWes wrote: »

If I revive them with Jawa Engineer, the DoTs don't reappear.

Right, that's what I thought. I'd post in the bugs section.
  • Zader's like, ****....
    tumblr_nsyb2rsBt51r7sijxo1_500.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Lots of good arguments here. Based on the information given by other members (raid turrets they don't come back, Engineer reviving they don't come back, Jyn reviving they don't come back), this definitely seems like a bug to me.

@RJ__Brando would you mind moving this to the Bugs section, please sir? Thx!

@CG_Kozispoon
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    It might be something to do with the self-revives. I can confirm that they don't come back on a Jyn revive. However, I've also had Leia kill Boba on a first shot, then he revives and she takes bonus shots. So self-revives are maybe not counting it as a true death.

Actually, when pathfinder first came out, there was a bug where if he died with healing immunity, he would only revive with a tiny bit of health. They fixed that one pretty quickly, but seems like part of the same issue.
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    If you pay enough attention it's pretty clear where the inconsistency comes from.
    Whenver a dot expires on someone it is reapplied at the end of the current turn, if the target is death reapplying doesn't do anything.
    With characters like boba and hk, the turns goes like this: toon is hit, toons die and loses debuffs, toons is revived, turns end.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    This reminds me of how some chars will multiattack boba in between death, and some won't.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon , Any chance this will be looked into?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    I hate the "boba dies by dot and then proceeds to kill someone even though he is now at 0 TM" bug.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    DoTs from Zader getting refreshed on self revive has been flagged as a bug for further review, but our team was unable to reproduce the issue with Leia multi attacking after self revive.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Hiya!
    DoTs from Zader getting refreshed on self revive has been flagged as a bug for further review, but our team was unable to reproduce the issue with Leia multi attacking after self revive.

Really? I've haf Leia bonus attack Leia after revive at least twice.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    It was fun watching Aalya first counter kill Boba have him revive and have her second counter stun him.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Hiya!

The key for the setup is Leia first attack must kill Boba and have the bonus attack(s) trigger. Same with Dooku.
    Or
    Have him double attack a counter attacker with his basic and the first counter kill him.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    It does not need to be 2nd Leia attack. Today my HK was killed with her bonus attack and selfrevived to get hit for the third time.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Capt_Rex wrote: »
    It does not need to be 2nd Leia attack. Today my HK was killed with her bonus attack and selfrevived to get hit for the third time.

yes. just used first attack as example. If the first or second attack kills him and he revies the second and or third attack will hit him after revive.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Today I identified another bug with Zeta Vader's dots and death.

My IG-88 started his turn and the DoTs dropped off. He attacked Vader, which killed Vader, and then the turn ended and the DoTs reappeared.

So Vader's DoTs are bugged in regards to considering both his death during the turn, and the character who has the DoTs dying. Either one dying should prevent the DoTs reapplying, but neither one dying does.

@CG_Kozispoon any chance on getting this part of the bug checked out too? I feel like it is more likely to be fixed faster if it is realized that the scope of the bug is broader than initially thought.