vader NOT doing damage with terrifying swing through foresight

osamamatix
158 posts Member
edited May 2017
he doesnt do the normal damage his basic should do and no floating numbers come up but he is doing a very small amount damage
in GW a couple weeks back (yeah yeah im lazy) my zeta QGJ was almost dead, just a sliver of health left, but had foresight up, enemy vader attacked him with basic and he died. once again no numbers came up but he was killed through foresight.
yesterday in GW again the node i was on i had got to without taking any damage for any of my toons yet. QGJ (again) was attacked by vader with his basic and although once again no numbers came up, qgj lost a little bit of his protection bar. no where near the amount of damage he would normally do on a hit but damage all the same. now i got through that node without anyone (except the small damage to qgj) getting hit, so everyone was on full protection and qgj was on almost full just missing that small amount from vader but when i went to next node qgj was on full protection again. it had wiped that damage vader did through foresight.

im wondering since the ability block, if it procs, is unavoidable by jedi so therefore hits through foresight is causing some small amount of damage is also applying? i mean the damage is so little that if it hadnt been for the fact that the first time qgj had very little hp that it was enough to kill him and the second time he was on full protection that any damage is noticeable, otherwise i wouldnt have noticed anything.
the interesting thing to is that after the second time it happened qgj was back to full protection for the next node, as in maybe its applying this damage temporarily to force the ability block through? or something?
Post edited by osamamatix on

Replies

• Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    I have noticed yoda gaining back some protection after GW battles, sometimes as for Vader his basic always damages jedi through foresight, it's in his description but it should be normal damage.
  • In case some were not aware, there will always be Protection and Health gains after defeating a GW node. Protection gain stops once it is at 0.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    I have noticed yoda gaining back some protection after GW battles, sometimes as for Vader his basic always damages jedi through foresight, it's in his description but it should be normal damage.

no he doesnt, not damage just the effects (ability block) "jedi targets cannot evade or resist the effects of this attack" whereas culling blade can damage them through foresight as it specifically states "this attack cant be evaded"
    if vader hits a jedi with foresight with his basic it should do 0 damage but still apply ability block (if it procs)

the problem is he is doing damage through foresight with his basic which he shouldnt, but he is not doing the normal damage nor do any floating numbers come up he is doing a very small amount of damage when the ability block applies which like i said if it wasnt for the fact that it killed qgj the first time and the fact that the second time it was against someone who had full protection i wouldnt have noticed at all
  • In case some were not aware, there will always be Protection and Health gains after defeating a GW node. Protection gain stops once it is at 0.

no i wasnt, well that solves that, what about vader doing a small amount of damage through terrifying swing?
  • osamamatix wrote: »
    In case some were not aware, there will always be Protection and Health gains after defeating a GW node. Protection gain stops once it is at 0.

no i wasnt, well that solves that, what about vader doing a small amount of damage through terrifying swing?

Just a slight clarification on my previous statement: The H/P gains will process once you enter the next node. They won't show on the battle entry screen prior to entering.

As for Zader doing small amounts of damage thru foresight, are you sure there was not any other debuff on your toon that automatically processed damage?

SnakesOnAPlane
    Creepioo wrote: »

no he doesnt, not damage just the effects (ability block) "jedi targets cannot evade or resist the effects of this attack" whereas culling blade can damage them through foresight as it specifically states "this attack cant be evaded"
    if vader hits a jedi with foresight with his basic it should do 0 damage but still apply ability block (if it procs)

the problem is he is doing damage through foresight with his basic which he shouldnt, but he is not doing the normal damage nor do any floating numbers come up he is doing a very small amount of damage when the ability block applies which like i said if it wasnt for the fact that it killed qgj the first time and the fact that the second time it was against someone who had full protection i wouldnt have noticed at all

This answers it... not a bug
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You're reading it a bit wrong. This is basically the shortened version of:
    Jedi targets cannot evade this Attack and Jedi targets cannot resist the effects of this Attack.
    In case some were not aware, there will always be Protection and Health gains after defeating a GW node. Protection gain stops once it is at 0.

Just a slight clarification on my previous statement: The H/P gains will process once you enter the next node. They won't show on the battle entry screen prior to entering.

As for Zader doing small amounts of damage thru foresight, are you sure there was not any other debuff on your toon that automatically processed damage?

yeah both times there was no debuff on anyone, the second time was start of battle and i had ability blocked vader. it was an easy node all other on enemy team were dead or less speed than vader as he was the first on the enemy team to attack
  • osamamatix
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Darth_Bruh wrote: »
    osamamatix wrote: »
    Creepioo wrote: »

This answers it... not a bug

no it doesnt, it explicity states the "effects of the attack" the effect of the attack is ability block. thats why culling blade which does do damage through foresight specifically states the "attack cannot be evaded"
    very different, same as the multiple attack toons vs the multiple damage toons, it is worded differently
    now even if you are correct there is still a bug as vader should be doing 3-4 thousand on an attack, more on a crit, with the damage appearing right? yet when he attacks my jedi with foresight up hes doing at most 500dmg maybe even less than 500, as in it is not noticable unless you are almost dead and it kills you or you have a full bar (health or pro) then its obvious as its not on full anymore. also when he uses culling blade against one of my jedi with foresight you see it connect as in the "hit" animation is played, with terrifying swing there is no hit animation
    ive always run jedi, and ever since i got zeta to qgj i have never taken damage through foresight from terrifying swing, although i may have been taking damage as it is so soooo small amount that like i say it is not noticable unless its kills your toon as they had next to no health left or you are on full health and/or pro so its obviously noticable

could we have a clarification from some one? @CG_Kozispoon @scuba ?? whether vader should be doing damage and ability block from basic through foresight to jedi or just ability block as its bugged either way
    if im correct hes doing damage when he shouldnt and ifdarth_bruh is correct then he isnt doing anywhere hnear the right amount of damage and there is no connect animation nor floating numbers
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    As far as I know dodge is supposed to be all or nothing, dodge both ability block and damage or dodge niether. There are some that are bugged that damage is dodged but debuff is applied(dooku basic will apply shock thru fs) but again those are bugged.

Low damage does sound bugged.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    You're reading it a bit wrong. This is basically the shortened version of:
    Jedi targets cannot evade this Attack and Jedi targets cannot resist the effects of this Attack.

no its not worded that way, ive always run jedi, and i have never been damaged through foresight by terrifying screen. look at that vs culling blade, culling blade doesnt say cant eveade the effects of this attack it says cant eveade this attack
    when vader culling blades one of my jedi through foresight there is the "hit" animation and a floating number comes up for the damage.
    when vader uses terrifying swing against a jedi with foresight there is no "hit" animation and no floating damage numbers nor does he do the damage he should be doing. i can only tell because once qgj was so close to dead he died, and next time he had full pro bar otherwise it is not noticable
    no if im wrong and he should be hitting through foresight, it is still bugged as he isnt doing anywhere near enough damage and theres no floating numbers
  • scuba wrote: »
    As far as I know dodge is supposed to be all or nothing, dodge both ability block and damage or dodge niether. There are some that are bugged that damage is dodged but debuff is applied(dooku basic will apply shock thru fs) but again those are bugged.

thanks scuba, either way there is definitely a bug somewhere as id guess hes doing 500 or less damage only, there is no "hit" animation nor do any floating damage numbers come up
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

thanks scuba, either way there is definitely a bug somewhere as id guess hes doing 500 or less damage only, there is no "hit" animation nor do any floating damage numbers come up

To add I just looked at the mechanics and there are 2 mechanics for applying damage one for Jedi and one for non Jedi. This is probably because the one for Jedi is marked unavoidable (can't see unavoidable in mechanics). So pretty sure damage should be unavoidable.

Can you grab a screenshot of the low damage numbers? I will also see if I can reproduce it in GW tomorrow.
  • scuba wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

To add I just looked at the mechanics and there are 2 mechanics for applying damage one for Jedi and one for non Jedi. This is probably because the one for Jedi is marked unavoidable (can't see unavoidable in mechanics). So pretty sure damage should be unavoidable.

Can you grab a screenshot of the low damage numbers? I will also see if I can reproduce it in GW tomorrow.

yep ill try, everytime i fight vader ill see if i can get a screen before and after attack, will be hard though
    i still got to do the ol GW chore today so hopefully imeet a vader.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I just tested on my at account
    Damage looks normal.
    Ug9wIK5.jpg
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I've been playing Vader for a long time, the damage is unavoidable by Jedi and has always gone through Foresight. Is English not your main language? The current statement is grammatically correct and I don't think you can make it clearer unless you separate it into 2 sentences.
    I've been playing Vader for a long time, the damage is unavoidable by Jedi and has always gone through Foresight. Is English not your main language? The current statement is grammatically correct and I don't think you can make it clearer unless you separate it into 2 sentences.

and like i say, im still experiencing a bug as in my jedi take F all damage and there are no floating numbers nor hit animation, like scuba screenshot above you can clearly see the hit on QGJ and can clearly see the damage in big red letters. when my jedi get hit by vader THERE IS NO HIT ANIMATION NOR IS THERE ANY DAMAGE NUMBERS.
    no need to insult im not going to insult you back about reading
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Huatimus wrote: »

and like i say, im still experiencing a bug as in my jedi take F all damage and there are no floating numbers nor hit animation, like scuba screenshot above you can clearly see the hit on QGJ and can clearly see the damage in big red letters. when my jedi get hit by vader THERE IS NO HIT ANIMATION NOR IS THERE ANY DAMAGE NUMBERS.

Even if you play it on 1x you can't see numbers?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Even if you play it on 1x you can't see numbers?

yep exactly, no numbers no hit animation which is why ive always though he only ability blocks through foresight and doesnt do damage. also you can clearly see on scubas **** how much damge that hit has done to QGJ pro bar, sort of 1.5 - 2 "squares" worth. when my QGJ got hit with full bar it did maybe a third of a square of damage
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    1. We've explained how the mechanics of this ability works.
    2. Scuba has shown proof that the ability is working.
    3. I was not insulting you, I'm asking an honest to goodness question because you do not seem to understand and still insist that it's "not worded that way".
    4. You have no proof, video or screenshot, and it is hard to prove there's a bug just based on your testimony.
    5. Capital letters is not going to help your case.

Edit: I would suggest that you turn off 4x speed and check again if you meet Vader in GW.
  • osamamatix
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    1. We've explained how the mechanics of this ability works.
    2. Scuba has shown proof that the ability is working.
    3. I was not insulting you, I'm asking an honest to goodness question because you do not seem to understand and still insist that it's "not worded that way".
    4. You have no proof, video or screenshot, and it is hard to prove there's a bug just based on your testimony.
    5. Capital letters is not going to help your case.

Edit: I would suggest that you turn off 4x speed and check again if you meet Vader in GW.

ive said above i get no numbers on 1x, i get no "hit animation" at 1x and vaders damage does about 1/3 a square of protection to a full qgj as opposed to scubas **** above where its doing normal damage.
    im saying it is not worded the same as culling blade, and as such thought it was different,
    you have to admit the devs are not good nor consistant at wording toons abilities. there have been many many maaaaaaaaaaany arguements on here purely because of the way things are worded including in the newest updates wrding has been changed on toons for both consistancy and clarity
    as an example i posted a bug that ships with retribution where countering multiple times against bobas ship. all i got on that report was multiple people saying youre wrong its multiple attacks they should. it is multiple damage not attacks just like rey and we have an official bug fix for that now
    whether it is working correctly for scuba is not the case because it is not working for me, plain and simple no damage numbers and not enough damage
    notice how scuba responded to me? no "is english your main language" no insulting cause i think its different from how its worded
    im trying to get a **** and next time a see vader in GW (or maybe waste an arena trying to get it) i will post it.

edit: why the **** does it sensor "****" for screenshot???
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The abbreviation for screenshot is probably censored because of that ww2 group.
  • @scuba ok got screen shot (seriously? isnt starwars disney now though haha ;) )

was really hard timing it as i play on pc, and i forgot to do a before screen so had to retreat and enter again so why is different background but can clearly see is same team. no floating damage and no damage to protection bar, although there is a sparkly around qgj so maybe thats the hit animation? vaders ability block didnt proc this time
    i ability blocked him so he would have to basic and not a very powerful vader if that makes a difference
    [img][/img]qgj%20damage_zpsoruj8ydf.png
    [img][/img]vader_zpskumcm6mw.png

this is a crop of life bar from before and after can see there is no difference
    Untitled-1_zpsd6yoh4ce.jpg

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/933714/#Comment_933714
    Dev has already explained to you before! Almost 3 months ago.

You really should change the title of the thread, because the current bug right now is Vader NOT doing damage to your Jedi when it should via Terrifying Swing.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/933714/#Comment_933714
    Dev has already explained to you before! Almost 3 months ago.

You really should change the title of the thread, because the current bug right now is Vader NOT doing damage to your Jedi when it should via Terrifying Swing.

sigh because the wording, this is what kozi said "Please note Darth Vader applying Ability Block with his "Terrifying Swing" on Jedis is as designed because Jedis cannot Evade or Resist this attack."

please note it does not say anything about damage, i know jedi cannot evade ability block, and thats all kozi says.
    despite speaking the same language as each other we can get different connotations from the same wording
    eg i dont play MMO i grew up playing rpgs and in those games if say a sword does 1d8 damage and has does extra 1d6 fire damage on successful attack. undead are immune to effects of this weapon. the weapon would still do its original 1d8 damage to them but not the extra 1d6 fire as in those games stock damage is not an effect extra damage (or debuffs are)
    and again we all know that theres is massive inconsistancy in wording of this game in which there has just been an update to correct some of that right?
    there are many phrases in the english language where 2 people can get a different meaning from the same phrase, this is exactly why i asked scuba if he could look at mechanics as that is the final point.

yes i am wrong in this case as scuba has pointed out against mechanics but untill that was done it was just my understanding vs 2 other peoples not a massive sample right

you dont have to keep insulting me as in the devs have not already explained this to me instead all that was said was "Please note Darth Vader applying Ability Block with his "Terrifying Swing" on Jedis is as designed because Jedis cannot Evade or Resist this attack."
    note there is nothing in there with "please note vader does do damage with terrifying swing to jedi through foresight"
    i see you happily insulted me there too, nice
    the reason i believe this is my interpretation of the wording, i nwhich yes ofcourse i can be wrong as in this case, but for me vader has never done damage to my jedi with his basic since i zeta qgj, and he has never done damage to me back when i was using lumi and she dodged just the ability block if it procs
    so i have always thought this was the case, that would be fair enough right
    im happy to be helped and pointed out im wrong thats why im on this forum and yes i know the internet is a pretty brutal place but if you have to keep insulting m,e as obviously i have a bug dont i? then just dont post let someone else do it nicely like scuba

and actually no english is not my first language although i count it as my main language now
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    There are 2 parts to his basic ability.
    First part is Damage, Second part is Ability Block.
    If you Evade the damage, there is no need to Resist the AB because it does not go to that stage.
    If you do not Evade the damage, there will be a Resist check on the AB(if it procs).
    Hence why the wording of the ability has to state in the order, Cannot Evade (Part 1) or Resist the Effects (Part 2) of this attack.
    Evade only refers to damage, and if you want to go to specifics, Physical Damage that is evaded is called Dodge, Special Damage that is evaded is called Deflect. So it's very clear that the Evade is specifically referring to the Damage portion of the attack.
    Resist is specific to Debuffs and TMR (unless specified otherwise). So it's also clear that Resist is specifically referring to the AB portion of the attack.

And since you have admitted that English is not your first language, I can fully comprehend now why you have such a different interpretation. And if I really wanted to insult you (which is probably against forum rules anyway), there's probably going to be a lot of name calling and what nots.
    Whatever the case is, I hope you can fully understand now, and thank you for changing the title of the thread. Good day.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @osamamatix you really need to try and get a screen shot of the actual low damage number you say you are seeing or a video of the whole attack itself. I suggest this because most likely dev response is going to be we were unable to reproduce this error. Getting video proof or a screenshot of the actual low damage number can show a lot more.

Something looks off to me but I am not the one you need to convince.