Personalizing defensive AI in arena

One addition to the game that I think would be extremely useful is to have a very limited ability to set the AI logic for your arena team when they are defending.

Specifically, I'd like to have the capability to set character ability priority, this would only apply to characters with more than 1 special, but id like to set which ability the character should use first if available, 2nd, and (for yoda) third.

This has come up a few times, most recently with r2d2 and a resistance team. In a resistance team it makes more sense for r2 to perform his aoe attack first while I can see that in other teams it would be more beneficial to have him use his smoke screen ability.

Thoughts?

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Meh. This could help some characters that are already relatively dummyproof against certain kinds of teams. The minute your team gets attacked by one whose chance of winning or losing depends on which of their characters get hit/stunned/blocked etc (either because of that character's abilities or their speed relative to their teammates) any advantage your A.I. defender could have had flies straight out the window if all you're able to do is prioritize abilities and nothing else.

I mean, sure, some characters and some teams might go from performing terribly on defense to performing slightly less terribly. I think that still leaves a lot who would see virtually no benefit at all because their success depends not only on ability choices, but perhaps more so on choosing which enemy characters to hit with which abilities.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on