Suggestion: Use a Ticker instead of a Popup

With all the browser technology we have seen added since the online boom in the late 90s, blocking popups, it's clear they are hated, despised, and really annoying.

That said, why not add a horizontal ticker, similar dimensions to the Guild Notice bar? The code is there for the framework, it would only need to be modified. Then you could have it slide or scroll by and link it to the desired area. The offer is your draw, not the wall of images. Most tap them away like chasing a fly from their face. If you just refuse to lose the billboards, use the interstitial method that shows it after we choose a destinaton and appears before loading said destination.

Replies

• Options
    How about no fracking popups. If I want to spend crystals I visit the shop !
  • Bauhaus
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Or, as a courtesy to those who have already spent money on the game, limit the popups to entirely ftp accounts. This is a common model that offers a simple and welcome reward for investing, and an incentive to those who would not do so otherwise.

As someone who's already dropped $200+ on the game (think that makes me a dolphin), every popup comes as a slap in the face, relentlessly pressuring me to spend even more money on the stupid pack I've said "no" to a dozen times, already. If we've already paid for something, we know where the store is, we know the new releases from the newsletter, we know the current packs from the subtle mini-popups... we KNOW. Throwing constant ads at people who've already paid out the **** serves only to show your total lack of respect towards paying customers.

Every time I get an in-game popup I start to regret the money I've already spent, and veer more and more into the born-again ftp lane.