Snow Trooper since revamp...

He must be really great now, 3 full passes in cantina and LS battles, 2 shards. I was trying to get him to 7* to grab a 7* R2, but it looks like 6* is all I get this time. Anyone else farming him?

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Apparently he is the new lando
  • I used him LOOOOONG ago - in the POE meta...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9732/slow-dancing-with-poe-follow-up/p1

I'm very giddy he's finally had a rework - should have him gear 11 in a day or so. I test - ran him in GW today and the TM gain on deaths and AOE spam is legit. Fully built versions can do high teems / low 20s crits on the AOE when he has O and crit damage up (mine is not there yet, maxing out around 14k). Veers is G11, but holding zeta till I get the other troopers G11 and modded properly. Still, the Veers unique at 7 allowed me to see the TM gain on deaths + O up combo on enemy deaths - once they kill something it's like blood in the water for sharks. Reminds me of a reaver skill as the carnage starts flying they go in to rage mode; they gain speed, damage, etc. Snowtrooper gains 80% TM on the death with Veers so he totally can aoe kill something to give himself O and crit damage up, get crits to reset his cooldown, and with the enemy death he's right back up to bat from 80% TM - all set to spam the AOE again. Very possible to set him up for back to back hits putting up 30-35k plus damage per target on an AOE.

I think he's good and the Troopers are a solid B+ / A1 team that can be a good meta-counter squad - but I also will admit to having a bias here to the character generally. He was the final piece in my early POE-counter build and was a pleasant surprise since he wasn't used anywhere...and I think he looks awesome also.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    I used him LOOOOONG ago - in the POE meta...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9732/slow-dancing-with-poe-follow-up/p1

I'm very giddy he's finally had a rework - should have him gear 11 in a day or so. I test - ran him in GW today and the TM gain on deaths and AOE spam is legit. Fully built versions can do high teems / low 20s crits on the AOE when he has O and crit damage up (mine is not there yet, maxing out around 14k). Veers is G11, but holding zeta till I get the other troopers G11 and modded properly. Still, the Veers unique at 7 allowed me to see the TM gain on deaths + O up combo on enemy deaths - once they kill something it's like blood in the water for sharks. Reminds me of a reaver skill as the carnage starts flying they go in to rage mode; they gain speed, damage, etc. Snowtrooper gains 80% TM on the death with Veers so he totally can aoe kill something to give himself O and crit damage up, get crits to reset his cooldown, and with the enemy death he's right back up to bat from 80% TM - all set to spam the AOE again. Very possible to set him up for back to back hits putting up 30-35k plus damage per target on an AOE.

I think he's good and the Troopers are a solid B+ / A1 team that can be a good meta-counter squad - but I also will admit to having a bias here to the character generally. He was the final piece in my early POE-counter build and was a pleasant surprise since he wasn't used anywhere...and I think he looks awesome also.

I just got my snow up to g11 today but I'm running him under krennic.

I think a krennic lead with veers, DT, snow and GK with all 3 toons zeta would be arena viable.

And maybe Tarkin rework will be something to help solidify them
  • I also have Magma Trooper on my Empire team. Who would have thought I'd be using either? We live in interesting times.,
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

I just got my snow up to g11 today but I'm running him under krennic.

I think a krennic lead with veers, DT, snow and GK with all 3 toons zeta would be arena viable.

And maybe Tarkin rework will be something to help solidify them

I personally think Gar Saxon brings a good leader ability to the troopers. What do you like about a krennic lead?