P3 Chirpatine PSA

Lovesword
204 posts Member
PSA: EP change has shifted my P3 strategy/team and wanted to pass this along just as FYI for any who might experience this. My HAAT P3 Chirpatine team included RG, STHan and Poe. I would taunt with STHan to start off and save Poe's taunt for when STHan was nearly dead, then hit auto/basic and sit back and let RNG deliver my final score (typically between 600k-800k, I'm not working towards getting it higher, employing the "good enough" strategy). With the change to EP (end of his turn shock damage), any exposed adds at zero health were killed off, throwing a wrench in the chirpatine strategy, which I noticed with a BOOM of the tanks main cannon and my inability to employ cat-like reflexes to grab my device quick enough to stop the words DEFEAT popping up on my screen before I knew what was happening. Lesson learned! No more Poe, or, taunt much earlier. Probably switching him out for Sun Fac.

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Good to know, I was thinking to introduce Poe also.
  • Iwells911
    364 posts Member
    So what you're saying is if you use someone other than Poe as a tank you'll be fine?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Definitely go for Sun Fac. Much, much stronger tank. If you can get Shore I would recommend him, for the auto taunt at the beginning. I use Shore, RG, and Sun Fac. It's the best combo, IMO. Consistently able to do 800-1.0M, and have hit 1.2 with it, tho with the new update to Shore (crit immunity), I am more consistent now (1.0-1.1M).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Lovesword
    204 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @SnakesOnAPlane
    Shore is a perfect fit, great advice for sure. I'll (slowly) work that direction (add him to the long list of things I need to farm! Lol) Thank you.
    Iwells911 wrote: »
    So what you're saying is if you use someone other than Poe as a tank you'll be fine?

For the most part, yes I believe so. As my guild handles HAAT just fine, any damage I do in P3 will be fine. However I think Snakes strategy is the best solution if one wants to try to increase their scores.

Mainly I'm just hopeful someone working towards a chirpatine team sees/searches here and adjusts their Poe strategy. (Edit to add) After this happened to me last night, I came here for a search and didn't see anything, so just wanted to try and help anyone out.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I use SF, STH, RG and often get over a million. Sometimes one of the tanks is still alive after EP is killed by the AoE so I need no further development on tanks. Maybe shore's a little better than Han but not worth buying to 7* in the shop (lol single hard node farming) just for a few extra points.
  • What is the change to EP and his end of turn shock damage? The only thing I see in the update notes is "Emperor Palpatine can now remove Turn Meter from his unique "Crackling Doom" under a Darth Vader Zeta lead." I don't see anything about exposed and shocked can die from shock damage either.
  • What is the change to EP and his end of turn shock damage? The only thing I see in the update notes is "Emperor Palpatine can now remove Turn Meter from his unique "Crackling Doom" under a Darth Vader Zeta lead." I don't see anything about exposed and shocked can die from shock damage either.

It's exactly what you stated. That Unique wasn't removing TM previously.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Yes, but I don't understand what that change has to do with a P3 Chirpatine/3 taunt team.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i think the change to Poe's expose is probably the cause of said expose being triggered by palp's shock.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes, but I don't understand what that change has to do with a P3 Chirpatine/3 taunt team.

Nothing. There's another thread this morning where the OP is talking about this and a Zader lead.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    It's possible that stormtrooper might work as a Chirpatine tank now, with all the added defense and the 100% chance to remove tm. I haven't tested it though.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    It's possible that stormtrooper might work as a Chirpatine tank now, with all the added defense and the 100% chance to remove tm. I haven't tested it though.

Chirpa (L), Palp, Stormtrooper, RG, (Shore/StHan)?
  • Lovesword
    204 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks all for the constructive discussion. A lot of good ideas here.

@MastersRising
    I believe that since the end of EP's turn now registers as an attack to work with zader (L) for TM removal, it also does the same, activating expose on any of the droids that have both shock/expose. This affected my P3 because all the droids had shock, a few got exposed by Poe, and none had health left. So the expose killed them with EP's next attack on B2. This then leads to EP not getting 100% TM, and the tank gun getting TM. Both things chirpatine is designed to avoid.

Hope that clarifies it. Let me know if not.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Both RG and Sun a fac can get over 100k health/protection if well modded. Sun fac is far better than poe for that reason alone.

Also sun fac counters and gives crit damage down and dispels offense up. Only down side with him is you need to time the taunt perfectly else he may lose it (he gets TM when countering from Chirpa so taunt can expire).
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

RG, Storm and Shore would be optimal. That way theres 4 empire toons and Chirpa which would give Storm +160% Defense. He wouldn't have quite as much protection and health, but that extra defense might be able make him last longer than Sun Fac? Certainly longer than STHan.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

RG, Storm and Shore would be optimal. That way theres 4 empire toons and Chirpa which would give Storm +160% Defense. He wouldn't have quite as much protection and health, but that extra defense might be able make him last longer than Sun Fac? Certainly longer than STHan.

For me, this is future talk. 7* Shore is still a long way off in the distance. Thanks for getting me thinking though!
    Now I need another credit heist to level up my 7* Stormtrooper... lol
  • Sun Fac works great with Chirpatine, but not so well with Palp, TFP, 3 tanks configuration. He ends up countering and killing off the adds.
  • Sun Fac works great with Chirpatine, but not so well with Palp, TFP, 3 tanks configuration. He ends up countering and killing off the adds.

I get decent results out of him as I don't pop his taunt until the battle is nearing its end and StHan is dead. At a certain point all the droids are near death and multiple have a triangle up so you might as well clear the decks anyways.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sun Fac works great with Chirpatine, but not so well with Palp, TFP, 3 tanks configuration. He ends up countering and killing off the adds.

The support droids won't take turns if you use zvader (before the first fix and after the most recent fix) or dathcha as leader.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Randomly killing a single droid seems fine to me. Otherwise they come of shock at once and too many get regenerated at once which makes it difficult to keep it going.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Vertigo wrote: »

Plus the 30% trooper bonus, so 190%, and shore would get 30.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    My personal best with Teebo (L), RG, STHan, EP, and TFP is 975k.

That's with fairly slow mods. TFP is the fastest with 205.

I got tired of changing mods just for P3 so have some slow but tanky mods with lots of crit damage on TFP. He does the lion share of the damage.

Granted, using Teebo is much more RNG dependent. More stealth = less counterattacks so my tanks live longer.

Is there a reason I should farm Chief Chirpa for P3 in place of Teebo? I feel the difference in damage would be minimal.