Are the raids a guild activity or a solo activity?

Brainsym
127 posts Member
hear me out guys. If the raid is a guild activity, then why is it fair for certain people to solo the whole thing or even certain phasesof it?

Either make raid bosses immune to turn meter reduction, or maybe introduce a solo raid that is based on the players own activity along with the guild raid which is based on the whole guild activity.

What do you guys think

Replies

  • crzydroid
    4468 posts Moderator
    I think it's up to guild officers to make rules.
  • Guilds are mini leaderboards.

    If you want real teamwork join with your shardmates in the arena, that works more like a guild should.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Gazza1988
    127 posts Member
    It wasn't always like this. You have to think that it was designed for a lower gear level and toon level. It was bound to happen. My opinion is it should gain an 8th tier where rancor is a bit faster and has a bit extra tenacity. More health and huts harder. The amount of toons set to be released thanks to the movies and there's the battlefront game. It's easy enough to add and extra tier with increased rewards and a new toon.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think it's up to guild officers to make rules.

    Why is it up to the guild officers in the first place?
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Gazza1988 wrote: »
    It wasn't always like this. You have to think that it was designed for a lower gear level and toon level. It was bound to happen. My opinion is it should gain an 8th tier where rancor is a bit faster and has a bit extra tenacity. More health and huts harder. The amount of toons set to be released thanks to the movies and there's the battlefront game. It's easy enough to add and extra tier with increased rewards and a new toon.

    Seems like a good idea, but I still think things will get a bit toned down if the bosses were made immune to turn meter reduction
  • I think they should just have a heroic 2.0 w what u said where there is no tmr. We already have the aat that requires a whole team.

    Personally i think we r in need of 2 new raids. One for ships maybe an attack on the death star or scarif something like that would be cool. And then another one normal style raid on like hoth or something verse the AT-AT would be cool. Maybe not have a star cap so u can use ur whole team
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I think they should just have a heroic 2.0 w what u said where there is no tmr. We already have the aat that requires a whole team.

    Personally i think we r in need of 2 new raids. One for ships maybe an attack on the death star or scarif something like that would be cool. And then another one normal style raid on like hoth or something verse the AT-AT would be cool. Maybe not have a star cap so u can use ur whole team

    I'm all with introducing new raids and also one for the ships too, that would be cool...
    Instead of making those raids guild bound... Maybe also make them single battle based, and
    also make it open to recruit your own team from outside your guild for that particular battle.
  • Aglardae
    186 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »
    hear me out guys. If the raid is a guild activity, then why is it fair for certain people to solo the whole thing or even certain phasesof it?

    Either make raid bosses immune to turn meter reduction, or maybe introduce a solo raid that is based on the players own activity along with the guild raid which is based on the whole guild activity.

    What do you guys think

    Because raids are not well designed and have reached a high level of boredom. Immunity to TM would seem logical. Instead of fixing the fact that a raid should not be soloable they rather listen to whiners who complain about rank issue when 10 of them are on top and get the same score. Silly...
  • The only problem with a ship raid at the min, is there isn't nearly enough ships for a 4 phase raid. Plus it takes forever to upgrade them.
  • NicWester
    6530 posts Member
    But what about my e-peen?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »

    Why is it up to the guild officers in the first place?

    Because then different guilds are permitted to develop their own rules. Some guilds zerg raids after a zero hit period. Some are super casual and allow hits anytime, anyplace. Some like mine have more structured raid rules, placing restrictions on time and number of hits. If EA imposed more rules on raids, it would force us into scenarios where we couldn't experiment as a guild to come up with a set of rules that is the most fun for the most people in the guild. Find a guild whose raid style suits your own. This isn't something EA needs to devote resources towards.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Lithalan wrote: »
    This isn't something EA needs to devote resources towards.

    Your opinion. But I'm talking in a matter of principal. I think that people can still "experiment as a guild" with the raid bosses being immune to turn meter reduction, and trying different things to maximise damage.

    I mean it makes no sense that the raid bosses are immune to stun, but not immune to turn meter reduction.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    DarthSnarf wrote: »
    The only problem with a ship raid at the min, is there isn't nearly enough ships for a 4 phase raid. Plus it takes forever to upgrade them.

    Yeah I guess so. It does take a very long process to upgrade them, plus you can only buy 4 shards at a time instead of five like the character shards, I don't know what's the logic behind that.
  • crzydroid
    4468 posts Moderator
    Brainsym wrote: »
    Lithalan wrote: »
    This isn't something EA needs to devote resources towards.

    Your opinion. But I'm talking in a matter of principal. I think that people can still "experiment as a guild" with the raid bosses being immune to turn meter reduction, and trying different things to maximise damage.

    I mean it makes no sense that the raid bosses are immune to stun, but not immune to turn meter reduction.

    But this entire thread is opinion by its very premise.

    Why is it fair for certain people to solo phases? Because they farmed the necessary toons and are now at a higher gear and character level than raid was intended for. Why should someone who didn't put effort into raid teams be expected to score the same as those who did? Both raids are about strategy, and not necessarily wailing on it with high dps until it's dead.

    That being said, I stand by my original answer. Guild leaders should create rules that prevent people from soloing at the expense of lower players getting a fair shake. This can be as simple as waiting to confirm that people are in, or waiting before posting damage.

    Should raid bosses be immune to tmr? We have a newer raid, the tank, where two of the phases are. The two that aren't have little caveats like counter chance and crazy tm gain and buffs every so many hits. This raid is intended for higher level players than rancor that have more expansive rosters.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Brainsym wrote: »
    Lithalan wrote: »
    This isn't something EA needs to devote resources towards.

    Your opinion. But I'm talking in a matter of principal. I think that people can still "experiment as a guild" with the raid bosses being immune to turn meter reduction, and trying different things to maximise damage.

    I mean it makes no sense that the raid bosses are immune to stun, but not immune to turn meter reduction.

    But this entire thread is opinion by its very premise.

    Why is it fair for certain people to solo phases? Because they farmed the necessary toons and are now at a higher gear and character level than raid was intended for. Why should someone who didn't put effort into raid teams be expected to score the same as those who did? Both raids are about strategy, and not necessarily wailing on it with high dps until it's dead.

    That being said, I stand by my original answer. Guild leaders should create rules that prevent people from soloing at the expense of lower players getting a fair shake. This can be as simple as waiting to confirm that people are in, or waiting before posting damage.

    Should raid bosses be immune to tmr? We have a newer raid, the tank, where two of the phases are. The two that aren't have little caveats like counter chance and crazy tm gain and buffs every so many hits. This raid is intended for higher level players than rancor that have more expansive rosters.

    ^^^This.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Why should someone who didn't put effort into raid teams be expected to score the same as those who did? Both raids are about strategy.

    Yes, yes, nothing like a healthy convo. We can agree, or disagree, or agree to disagree...

    Why did you assume that I meant that they will score the same? That will never be the case, if you work on your team. The scores are based on strategy and damage and a person who has high gear level toons will naturally score a higher damage output than the one who didn't.

    I guess I understand where you're coming from, for example with. Zylo, I've seen videos of him soloing parts of the raids without having anything to do with turn meter reduction, and I think, well yes I take back what i said about soloing parts of the raid. That is fair and square.

    I also maintain my position, that raid bosses should be immune to turn meter reduction just as they are immune to stun.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »
    Lithalan wrote: »
    This isn't something EA needs to devote resources towards.

    Your opinion. But I'm talking in a matter of principal. I think that people can still "experiment as a guild" with the raid bosses being immune to turn meter reduction, and trying different things to maximise damage.

    I mean it makes no sense that the raid bosses are immune to stun, but not immune to turn meter reduction.

    We already have a boss immune to TMR: the tank is immune to TMR, though GG and B2 are not. People have yet to solo HAAT, so I'm assuming your argument must be exclusively about the rancor.

    What is at the root of your argument? You're arguing for the devs to spend time modifying the rancor to make the captain and rancor immune to TMR. It's an old raid. It would take time and effort for the devs to modify it, time that could be spent on working out bugs or developing new content. Old content becomes obsolete anyway.

    So why would you want the devs to spend this time on rancor? See, this is where I think your guild officer argument comes in. I'm guessing in your guild people can solo the rancor. This must bother you. So rather than learning to solo it yourself, my presumption is that you want EA to change the whole raid so that every single guild has to live by the same rules you personally want. I don't want my guild's rules changed or restricted because you have a personal issue with the rancor raid allowing TMR. If you don't like the way your guild runs rancor, and it bothers you so much you feel the need to post about it on the forum, maybe just find a new guild with different rules?

    If my premise for why you've decided to make your case is wrong, please let me know. I'd love to know why else someone would suggest devoting dev time and resources to an old raid. We already had them institute a fix simply so the rewards can be better distributed for ties. However, this is an issue that actually affects every single guild in the game, and something officers can do absolutely nothing about without totally micromanaging a raid. The ties needed to be addressed. TMR doesn't. My opinion? Sure, but one that rests on the principles of guild freedom and better game development.
  • Treadhead2017
    516 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I think a sort of rotating raid would be fun. What I mean is that each time you raid, certain types of toons would be required or banned, and you'd know what gear you were fighting to get. For example, if you launched the Rancor it might say "no Rebels" and tell you that the rewards that raid would be stun cuffs, syringes, and furnaces. Then next time, it might say "no clones" and you'd be fighting for something different. Something like that. That would definitely make it more of a challenge, and if you knew the "schedule" you could plan which days to raid based on what gear the guild needs the most.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    I think a sort of rotating raid would be fun. What I mean is that each time you raid, certain types of toons would be required or banned, and you'd know what gear you were fighting to get. For example, if you launched the Rancor it might say "no Rebels" and tell you that the rewards that raid would be stun cuffs, syringes, and furnaces. Then next time, it might say "no clones" and you'd be fighting for something different. Something like that. That would definitely make it more of a challenge, and if you knew the "schedule" you could plan which days to raid based on what gear the guild needs the most.

    Your guild officers could just make this happen with the squad aspect! All it requires is buy in from the guild. The gear, well, that's different.

    There's all kinds of ways for guilds to make a raid fun. We divided our guild into 3 groups. One group hits the rancor with a max of 3 toons, one gets to use a single toon in P2-4, and one must zero hit. The groups rotate each raid, except people without 7* Hans, who always get to use 3 until they finish Han. No one can solo more than one phase. Trying to use just 3 toons is a fun challenge, or seeing how far you can go with Jyn by herself, etc. We also do a once a month bonus rancor for the highest donators in the guild. They can use full 5-toon squads, and go beyond one phase. So if you want to solo the rancor in our guild, earn it by donating! Works for us, and keeps an old raid from getting too stale.
  • crzydroid
    4468 posts Moderator
    As I understand it, tmr used to be irresistible, but they changed that because Teebo was soloing the raid too easily. They did not make him immune to it, but they made it resistible. Likewise, when people started using Zetas to live many turns beyond enrage in tank, they made enrage have a permanent, unclearable healing immunity, and they changed healing immunity to block protection recovery. So they have changed raids when they don't want people exploiting them. So the fact that they left tmr on the rancor even though one of the things they changed for it was specifically to make it harder to remove his tm, that tells me that they are totally cool with people using that as a strategy in general.

    As I mentioned earlier, the same strategy that works on rancor will not work for tank. You need new squads and new strategy for that. A lot of people use tmr teams on p3 tank, but the strategy requires modification because of the counter attacks. So we have this new raid that is supposed to be for more advanced players than The Pit is.

    Look at the requirements for a Pit raid. Heroic is intended for Level 80, gear 9. Because of the fact that tmr is resistible, Level 80, g9 toons are going to have a harder time soloing, especially when you factor in less than optimal mods that people at that level might have. TMR is not a guaranteed victory; it still relies on RNG and needs the right team comp and strategy. Look at all the threads worrying over whether Zader won't be able to solo anymore. Before my Jyn was 7*, I relied on Teebo for the bulk of the tmr, and before I remodded him for more speed, soloing p1 would require frequent restarts. Which is another point: Toons that are good for soloing pit like Jyn and Rex are relatively recently farmable. Jyn is of course a newer toon to boot, before she came out Rex was still behind a paywall. So again, this just serves to show that it's a beginner raid, and once you move beyond it, you have tank raid, which I think not many people can solo yet. As the gear and level cap is increased, and as new characters come out and old ones get reworks and zetas, then another, yet tougher raid may come along.

    Some people on here have already posted some creative ways that guild leaders can make the raid fun and fair for everyone. We have our heavy hitters/tmr teams overlap damage in p1 so it doesn't take too much out of the raid, and only the person rotated into the number 1 slot is allowed to finish the phase, while everyone else pulls out by a certain percentage. The people who cannot yet solo or go very far in p1 are encouraged to work on their raid teams so that they can be moved into the p1 group and rotated into the #1 slot if they are still in need of Han shards. But again, figuring out works best for individual guilds is up to guild leadership, not to the devs.

    If your guild solos the whole thing without giving a rat's behind about whether some lower members have a fair chance at damage or even if they are able to get into the raid before it's dead, you might want to consider a new guild. P.S., we're recruiting.
Sign In or Register to comment.