Just fought Veers and he was a joke

Prev1
vessaharja
585 posts Member
edited May 2017
Whales have some de facto top arena spot no matter how crap their team is. This was a joke despite 256 speed Veers. Successfully beaten by Zaul, zDN, EP, SA, B2.

Switch back to your old team, Bail. I'm having a hard time beating that team.

8dahpobluraf.jpg
Post edited by RJ__Brando on

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Works fine on offense it seems.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Try not using a cheese zMaul team
  • ^ So switch to chaze + N which is equally lame?
    ^^ It seems every team works on offense in this game.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member

I don't think its a cheese team... oh well still lost to a popular team (cheese or no)...

Thanks for the update, sometimes its hard to judge this type of stuff. With a squad change that drastic if it did well could take a long time for some players to catch up.

Knowing this also allows me to focus on my raid squads more, than having to worry about arena.
  • Rystarvz
    85 posts Member
    The thing is, he is probably tired of using Zaul and Chaze. Both of which can be beat on defense so as long as he can win on offense why not?

At least it's new and something fun.
  • I think Bail has used a DN lead the past couple of weeks.
  • So the AI lost a match to a Zaul team, shocker :o
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Worth it if you're having fun with the team.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Rystarvz wrote: »
    The thing is, he is probably tired of using Zaul and Chaze. Both of which can be beat on defense so as long as he can win on offense why not?

Well, because his dropping will be huge? All can be beat on defense, the point is to remain at least on the top 15-20s... I believe that Veers team would drop a lot on defense, since it's an easy target....
  • There's enough salt in this forum to cure a ham.
  • Rystarvz
    85 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »

Well, because his dropping will be huge? All can be beat on defense, the point is to remain at least on the top 15-20s... I believe that Veers team would drop a lot on defense, since it's an easy target....

If he drops to far he can change it up. At least he is having fun with it. I am sure he gets his #1 payout daily. He is a whale according to OP so I am sure he will be fine.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Imagine if he ran GK instead of Stormtrooper. A cleanse, a 2nd call-everybody assist, tm gain on handing out crit immunity...

Plus zMaul is the toughest team for troopers to face. They destroy Rebels, Rex, Nihilus, Jedi and Zader teams...they gotta lose to someone but that someone is on the way out.

Also, kudos to him for not playing the meta. His biggest damage dealer...Snow...is also only gear X.

God help your shard when he figures out how much tm troopers gain and mods for offense and crit damage instead of speed. They r more than tanky enough to eat an initial onslaught and the only team I know of that generates so much speed...Snow can gain over 100% tm on a kill (yes I know it's capped at 100%)
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    Worth it if you're having fun with the team.

+1
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    yea, change back your team because i could beat it on offence! and also because i want to keep complaining about the lack of diversity in arena -_-
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    If it's something he enjoys using....then I say
    x6otbrkb9663.gif
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member

If he drops to far he can change it up. At least he is having fun with it. I am sure he gets his #1 payout daily. He is a whale according to OP so I am sure he will be fine.

Agreed. I was just giving a reason on "why not" heheh... He'll probably have to change his team though, the dropping will be severe...
  • Troopers are about to destroy Rex, maul, and the others.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • The0n3 wrote: »

Not everyone plays games for rewards, some people (shock horror) actually like to get some enjoyment out of it, especially with a game like this where it consistently becomes tedious and repetitive when everyone switches to whatever new meta there is. Let him do what he wants
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Troopers are about to destroy Rex, maul, and the others.

My guess is we are going to have a lot of nerf Tarkin threads soon
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Olddumper wrote: »

Nerf swgoh! Nerf my wife! Nerf chaze! Nerf Tarkin! Nerf zaul! Nerf jyn! Nerf....the entire planet with the death star
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Sub in gk for one of the tanks and I doubt you'll be calling it a joke. All they need is a party cleanse to be arena viable
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »

Not everyone plays games for rewards, some people (shock horror) actually like to get some enjoyment out of it, especially with a game like this where it consistently becomes tedious and repetitive when everyone switches to whatever new meta there is. Let him do what he wants

Yeah, you should read things before rushing in... I was giving him a "reason" why not to use that team, i wasn't telling him to stop using it. In a matter of fact i am adept to the culture of "playing the way it's fun for you", that's how i play... I've never surrended to the meta, i've always used Jedi, since it's my favorite faction. Luckily it's also a powerfull faction and i can aim for the top with it. I also happen to like ranking top at the arena, but hey, by all means, i'm not saying that my favorite part of the game should be his favorite part of the game, not at all. Everyone should play as they want if that's providing them fun.

• The0n3 wrote: »

Yeah, you should read things before rushing in... I was giving him a "reason" why not to use that team, i wasn't telling him to stop using it. In a matter of fact i am adept to the culture of "playing the way it's fun for you", that's how i play... I've never surrended to the meta, i've always used Jedi, since it's my favorite faction. Luckily it's also a powerfull faction and i can aim for the top with it. I also happen to like ranking top at the arena, but hey, by all means, i'm not saying that my favorite part of the game should be his favorite part of the game, not at all. Everyone should play as they want if that's providing them fun.

I remember when geo soldier was meta...but I never used him because I've always hated his model xD
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    There's enough salt in this forum to cure a ham.

Rotten and dissolved ham could be brought back to life with that salt.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

Nerf swgoh! Nerf my wife! Nerf chaze! Nerf Tarkin! Nerf zaul! Nerf jyn! Nerf....the entire planet with the death star

giphy.gif
  • Supercat wrote: »
    There's enough salt in this forum to cure a ham.

Rotten and dissolved ham could be brought back to life with that salt.

I use this salt to spice up my pasta :) delicious
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    SpendsAlot wrote: »

I remember when geo soldier was meta...but I never used him because I've always hated his model xD

True! I remember him and Rey at the same team was a total nightmare lol!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

• NukinFTW wrote: »
    Just not strong enough =(

https://youtu.be/cVd67PKt8xw

You can squeeze a ton more damage out of the troopers than what's showing here - at around 53 seconds Snowtrooper crits on basic with crit damage up for 8700 - with O up and crit damage up, using just random test mods I had laying around and just g10, my Snow trooper was doing basic crits over 20k. So no O up you're looking at 13k crits or so. I don't even have the basic omega'd, which gives +15% damage and the multiplier increases as well. These guys can really dish out high damage once optimized. Lack of cleanse is their issue - which is why this thread calling them a joke exists.....but soon zDM won't be able to climb anyway due to the shifting tide - so troopers aren't meant to matchup with zDM - they are more meant to matchup with LS / beefy / high damage rebel teams with R2/ Chaze / GK, etc.