Padawan looking for master.

387-468-764 is my ally code. I started playing and stumbled onto wiggs, then saw the game veering toward the dark side. I used to be focused and had direction but o feel lost right now, I don't know what I should be focusing on anymore. Looking for help and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Try linking your account to swgoh.gg and then posting your profile link on here. It will be much easier for people to help.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Is this a personals ad...?
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Try linking your account to swgoh.gg and then posting your profile link on here. It will be much easier for people to help.
    Done
    https://swgoh.gg/u/darklight007/collection/
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Someone that will help out your roster for sure (especially if you are looking to continue with dark side) is shoretrooper. It looks like you have him unlocked at 3* but not geared yet, which is fine. He is amazing at gear 9+ and 3*, trust me I have him 3* as well. He provides some starting protection from wiggs and other fast teams such as droids, as well as providing a great heal and crit immunity to all allies for a couple turns. It also looks like you have sun fac developed, so you could run some interesting double tank strategies.

As far as a dark side team for you (if you wish to do that), I would suggest the following:
    Palpatine (L), Vader, TFP, Boba, Shore

Until you get shore up to par, you may want to run sun fac in there. You could also sub in sun fac for vader/TFP if you want to double tank.

It looks like you are developing Maul as well, are you planning on putting a zeta on him? I would be curious to know if you have access to those yet, and what your plans are for them.

If you wanted to continue with light side, then I would suggest developing a team around Rex. His leadership provides amazing versatility and works well against many different squads. The Rex/Stormtrooper Han (STHan) combo works quite well too, since when they crit STHan and he is taunting, you get fed a bunch of tm. Having a rex lead allows you to have a hybrid team as well, so you aren't chained to a certain faction, such as rebels. I would suggest the following "light side" (actually more of a hybrid) teams for you as well:

Rex (L), STHan, Boba, Biggs, Wedge
    Rex (L), STHan, Boba, Palpatine, TFP
    Rex (L), STHan, Boba, Sun Fac, Palpatine

As far as mods go for these squads, I would make rex the fastest, that way you can use squad discipline right away to get your STHan's taunt up asap. You would want you Boba fast as well, followed by biggs/tfp depending on which variation you run. The great part about having a rex lead, is you can switch it up based on who you are facing. For example: if you are facing a wiggs team, then you want palpatine/tfp. If you are facing a high dmg team or a team with lots of buffing going around and need the extra tank, then put sun fac in.

Another good thing about rex: he makes up for crappy speed secondaries on mods. This is something I struggle with as well. His leadership provides turn meter to fill what you lack in speed.

Something else I noticed in your roster is a great lack of speed arrows with the primary stat of speed. This is something you must fix immediately. My advice would be to check the mod shop at every reset and buy every single speed arrow you see. Refresh it with 15 crystals as well, since that isn't a bad deal. Buy only the mods that cost credits, however. If you can get a 5 dot speed arrow on each of your characters you will see your arena rank increase drastically no matter what team you run.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Cesium wrote: »
    Someone that will help out your roster for sure (especially if you are looking to continue with dark side) is shoretrooper. It looks like you have him unlocked at 3* but not geared yet, which is fine. He is amazing at gear 9+ and 3*, trust me I have him 3* as well. He provides some starting protection from wiggs and other fast teams such as droids, as well as providing a great heal and crit immunity to all allies for a couple turns. It also looks like you have sun fac developed, so you could run some interesting double tank strategies.

As far as mods go for these squads, I would make rex the fastest, that way you can use squad discipline right away to get your STHan's taunt up asap. You would want you Boba fast as well, followed by biggs/tfp depending on which variation you run. The great part about having a rex lead, is you can switch it up based on who you are facing. For example: if you are facing a wiggs team, then you want palpatine/tfp. If you are facing a high dmg team or a team with lots of buffing going around and need the extra tank, then put sun fac in.

Another good thing about rex: he makes up for **** speed secondaries on mods. This is something I struggle with as well. His leadership provides turn meter to fill what you lack in speed.

Something else I noticed in your roster is a great lack of speed arrows with the primary stat of speed. This is something you must fix immediately. My advice would be to check the mod shop at every reset and buy every single speed arrow you see. Refresh it with 15 crystals as well, since that isn't a bad deal. Buy only the mods that cost credits, however. If you can get a 5 dot speed arrow on each of your characters you will see your arena rank increase drastically no matter what team you run.
    Thanks for all of that insight. This obviously didn't just take a couple minutes to write. I actually have the materials to zeta 1 character right now, and as for the speed arrow mods... I've been looking for them all the time.. I never seem to get any. I'd like to start focusing on the dark side. Sith and empire, I've actually also started on kylo a little bit (in anticipation of the knights of ren come December). I think after reading through your post I'm going to buy the shore trooper pack currently on sale in the store to get a jump on him. I'm also curious about how much resources I should commit to my pilots for fleet arena. I finish first most days, the odd time I'll finish 2nd,3rd, but should I continue to give my pilots the most attention via zeta's, omega's, gear, credits, or is squad arena more important to focus on(I'm usually finishing around 90-100).
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Cesium wrote: »

Another good thing about rex: he makes up for **** speed secondaries on mods. This is something I struggle with as well. His leadership provides turn meter to fill what you lack in speed.

Thanks for all of that insight. This obviously didn't just take a couple minutes to write. I actually have the materials to zeta 1 character right now, and as for the speed arrow mods... I've been looking for them all the time.. I never seem to get any. I'd like to start focusing on the dark side. Sith and empire, I've actually also started on kylo a little bit (in anticipation of the knights of ren come December). I think after reading through your post I'm going to buy the shore trooper pack currently on sale in the store to get a jump on him. I'm also curious about how much resources I should commit to my pilots for fleet arena. I finish first most days, the odd time I'll finish 2nd,3rd, but should I continue to give my pilots the most attention via zeta's, omega's, gear, credits, or is squad arena more important to focus on(I'm usually finishing around 90-100).

In regards to fleet arena, that is very good that you can finish that high there. That will give you a great amount of fleet currency to buy zetas, rare ships that only show up there such as scimitar and slave 1, character shards, and gear to quickly level up which ever toons you choose. I would continue to focus on fleet since you already are doing well there, and it is very good to maintain that. Getting your pilots up in star/gear level should remain a priority, as well as starring up your ships. I've heard it recommended that you should have all your pilots with level 7 abilities (omegas, and zeta's don't add much power on your pilots) and 5 dot mods on them. Putting those 5 dot mods on them can give you a slight boost that may set you ahead of your competition.

I agree that the shoretrooper pack is a pretty decent deal (about as decent a deal as you can get in this game, at least) and I think that would help you a good deal. But remember, gear is much more important on tanks than stars. Stars help, but gear adds all the protection that tanks need.

If you are looking to truly go dark side, then I would recommend zeta Vader as your first zeta. Your team would look something like this:

Zader (L), palps, Boba, TFP, Shore

This team can beat most anyone, provided you have good speed on boba and TFP. The only teams it struggles against are Rex teams, since TFP going first becomes a hindrance if he cannot ability block rex. The solution to fighting rex teams is having a fast boba, that way if they hide rex behind a pre-taunter such as baze, he can still land that ability block on him most of the time.

The one character that you may want to work on as well that may sound confusing at first is Sith Assassin. She is now farmable in cantina (Stage 8) and provideds something you are missing under a Zader lead: A turn meter boost to land the dots (that cannot be cleansed) before rex/yoda get tenacity up. Her special ability gives that turn meter to Vader and palpatine, allowing them to put the dots on the other team/stun them along with reducing turn meter and allowing your entire team to dominate right from the start.

However, I would wait a bit before putting your zeta on vader, because word on the street is that Tarkin may be getting a rework/zeta that could work better for your dark side team.

In the meantime, build up Shoretrooper as your main project, sith assassin (if you wish to go that route), and continue gearing/staring your pilots and ships. Also keep grinding out that gear for your all dark side characters (kylo if you want him is not a bad option)
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Cesium wrote: »
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Cesium wrote: »

In regards to fleet arena, that is very good that you can finish that high there. That will give you a great amount of fleet currency to buy zetas, rare ships that only show up there such as scimitar and slave 1, character shards, and gear to quickly level up which ever toons you choose. I would continue to focus on fleet since you already are doing well there, and it is very good to maintain that. Getting your pilots up in star/gear level should remain a priority, as well as starring up your ships. I've heard it recommended that you should have all your pilots with level 7 abilities (omegas, and zeta's don't add much power on your pilots) and 5 dot mods on them. Putting those 5 dot mods on them can give you a slight boost that may set you ahead of your competition.

I agree that the shoretrooper pack is a pretty decent deal (about as decent a deal as you can get in this game, at least) and I think that would help you a good deal. But remember, gear is much more important on tanks than stars. Stars help, but gear adds all the protection that tanks need.

If you are looking to truly go dark side, then I would recommend zeta Vader as your first zeta. Your team would look something like this:

Zader (L), palps, Boba, TFP, Shore

This team can beat most anyone, provided you have good speed on boba and TFP. The only teams it struggles against are Rex teams, since TFP going first becomes a hindrance if he cannot ability block rex. The solution to fighting rex teams is having a fast boba, that way if they hide rex behind a pre-taunter such as baze, he can still land that ability block on him most of the time.

The one character that you may want to work on as well that may sound confusing at first is Sith Assassin. She is now farmable in cantina (Stage 8) and provideds something you are missing under a Zader lead: A turn meter boost to land the dots (that cannot be cleansed) before rex/yoda get tenacity up. Her special ability gives that turn meter to Vader and palpatine, allowing them to put the dots on the other team/stun them along with reducing turn meter and allowing your entire team to dominate right from the start.

However, I would wait a bit before putting your zeta on vader, because word on the street is that Tarkin may be getting a rework/zeta that could work better for your dark side team.

In the meantime, build up Shoretrooper as your main project, sith assassin (if you wish to go that route), and continue gearing/staring your pilots and ships. Also keep grinding out that gear for your all dark side characters (kylo if you want him is not a bad option)

Ok thanks for your time and advice, really. Much appreciated. I am saving my zeta mats for after the tarkin rework, and I'll take it from there, not sure how to send a PM or I would for possible further consult.