Getting tired of it

Tanbimb
70 posts Member
Can we please look at the arena payout please....as it sits I take first a few times a week and haven't found a team I can't beat so that's not the problem. The problem comes when I try to lock myself in (paying crystals to refresh of course) between the time I finish battle wait for the loading screen hit the refresh button I get the someone is battling you notice so not only do I drop rank I'm also out crystals I wasted on refresh. I don't understand how this is the best way for a payout as it is more frustrating than fun!!! I feel as there are 2 easy fixes to this problem 1st would be a payout for your highest rank that day. 2nd would be a "can't attack timer" similar to the you can't attack for 5 minutes after you attack without paying crystals of course but a 3 minute you can't retaliate timer since in this game defense is non existent

Replies

• Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    Your first option would be great in my opinion.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Aglardae wrote: »

And it would flood the market with rewards.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    First option could be open to abuse. Players will just rotate the top position so it is like the village bicycle and everyone gets a turn. Go to rank 1, and then switch your team up so others can beat it.

However, I agree with you that this is an area in need for improvement. Same goes for the payouts in the Rancor raid when multiple people can solo it in a guild.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Arena is not a freebie like Credit Heist. U r expected to jockey for position, 2 actually compete. If someone else is locking u out, lock them out too, or skip the competition and communicate w/ them on Discord, Line, the forums and come to an agreement.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Maybe it's just me, but i found option 2 to be very interesting, a "can't be attacked" time (3min it's too much, let's make it 1 minute), that would bring some "chaos" to arena and the way it works atm... It could be fun...

But as for option 1, many ppl seem to think like you and want the highest rank of the day to be rewarded, but i disagree, i think if you take the spot, you must also guard it for the payout time. Otherwise the competition wouldn't exist, all you have to do is take 1 for the day and chill. I like the tension of the 1 hour before payout when you gotta be alert for anything!

I too think arena needs a spice, but i have no idea on how the devs could improve the competition without ruining the current shape of it....
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    What about a payout window? Instead of your highest rank for the day use your highest rank during the 30 minutes before payout. I don't mind the competition. What I mind is that my payout is at 6:30pm, during family time and dinner. I often can't even participate in the lock out war. Expand it to 30 minutes and if I still can't find a way to participate its my problem.
  • Quit finishing the initial battle and killing precious time. Retreat instead and immediately refresh and enter the next match. You'll save 2-5 seconds, which is the difference often needed.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    What about a payout window? Instead of your highest rank for the day use your highest rank during the 30 minutes before payout. I don't mind the competition. What I mind is that my payout is at 6:30pm, during family time and dinner. I often can't even participate in the lock out war. Expand it to 30 minutes and if I still can't find a way to participate its my problem.

As important as clone trooper helmets are I'm pretty sure that the point above about dinner and/or family time and the fixed & immoveable arena payout have been mentioned a shed load more often and probably a much larger % of the player population care about this issue.

@CG_TopHat
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Quit finishing the initial battle and killing precious time. Retreat instead and immediately refresh and enter the next match. You'll save 2-5 seconds, which is the difference often needed.

This is what a few whale players have 'occasionally' been doing for a 9min+ lockout.
    Its all about early positioning, and then BAM! Clock blocked.

The lack of battle 'in-progress' information, causing wasted refreshes, all seems to be part of the business model.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Aglardae wrote: »

And it would flood the market with rewards.

Agreed, its a terrible idea anytime someone brings it up...
  • Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    The payout window period maybe a good Idea. Half an hour before and the highest rank during that time window.
  • I PM'd one of the devs with the idea of having a 60sec grace period after a battle, such that no one can battle you in that time. It seems massively unfair to pay 50 shards for refresh, only to be frozen out. Borderline fraudulent in fact. No response of course. Maybe exclude top 5 from this. Might help with the massive collusion between guildmates and/or dominant guilds at the top of the leaderboard. Would at least give independents a fighting chance...
  • I PM'd one of the devs with the idea of having a 60sec grace period after a battle, such that no one can battle you in that time. It seems massively unfair to pay 50 shards for refresh, only to be frozen out. Borderline fraudulent in fact. No response of course. Maybe exclude top 5 from this. Might help with the massive collusion between guildmates and/or dominant guilds at the top of the leaderboard. Would at least give independents a fighting chance...

Just play smarter and deal with it. They won't change this model. It's the gold standard of PvP.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • anonidude wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

As important as clone trooper helmets are I'm pretty sure that the point above about dinner and/or family time and the fixed & immoveable arena payout have been mentioned a shed load more often and probably a much larger % of the player population care about this issue.

@CG_TopHat

Well, it can really only be an issue for that extremely small percentage of players jockeying for top positions at payout, which would probably seem like a majority group when looking at these forums. I think "most" players could care less.

Though, I do think that the necessity to lock a payout in the first place highlights a problem with the "gold standard" model of PVP.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This issue can be fixed fairly, and the model for it already exist in the way of how 'Guild Activity contribution' is rewarded. Reward distribution on ranking. So, similar to how we have Lotto divisions and reward pools, the reward for all same ranking positions is taken from the reward pool. Yes, everyone gets less, but equal amounts for their highest ranking within their payout cutoff period. This will stops reward exploits, everyone gets something for their highest rank, and no more Clock blocking to stress over.

Player growth will become more communal though individual player progress will be slower.

• @SnakesOnAPlane Your condescension makes me laugh. Your strategy above may be of use when trying to hold a position, but not when climbing. If you cannot grasp issues, as your last post makes perfectly clear, then why bother commenting? TL;DR ****.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    First option could be open to abuse. Players will just rotate the top position so it is like the village bicycle and everyone gets a turn. Go to rank 1, and then switch your team up so others can beat it.

However, I agree with you that this is an area in need for improvement. Same goes for the payouts in the Rancor raid when multiple people can solo it in a guild.

They already do that now. I'm on the shard with the absolute worst type of folks in this game across all shards, the heads of the iN cartel. They routinely guard one player who has zero business EVER being in third place, and timeout lock him so he cannot be moved. I don't know if he is paying them or what, but it's like the mafia on my shard.
  • Tanbimb wrote: »
    1st would be a payout for your highest rank that day.

This is long overdue.