Recently this game has been kinda killing my soul.

Radonis
504 posts Member
Maybe its the enormous Gear grind maybe they its they kill the maul meta and now my team is trash. Maybe it the fact that stars dont really matter anymore only gear level. Me personally love the grind and farm for star count and i feel it should mean something. I dont feel Gear should be the most important thing to make a toon viable. It should be a balance of both star and Gear level. Why should so many toons be viable at 3 star or 4 star. i get that tanks can, But supports and attackers that are arena viable at that star level should not be possible. Maybe at 6 star top gear yes but 3 star top gear no.

I have spent a good amount of money on this game and now it feels like there is no point to spend anymore except if i want a certain piece of gear in shipments. There is no point on buying any of the bundles or pack in the store Cause now stars dont matter that much so why buy the pack to star that toon up. I am kinda suprised they havent started selling packs to get certain toons to gear 9 or 10. I feel that the star level should count for something besides raids that is just my personal feeling on it.

Replies

• Vallik
    163 posts Member
    Im in autopilot mode myself but am very glad maul us fadeing away by far the mist annoying meta we have seen
  • Radonis wrote: »
    Maybe its the enormous Gear grind maybe they its they kill the maul meta and now my team is trash. Maybe it the fact that stars dont really matter anymore only gear level. Me personally love the grind and farm for star count and i feel it should mean something. I dont feel Gear should be the most important thing to make a toon viable. It should be a balance of both star and Gear level. Why should so many toons be viable at 3 star or 4 star. i get that tanks can, But supports and attackers that are arena viable at that star level should not be possible. Maybe at 6 star top gear yes but 3 star top gear no.

I have spent a good amount of money on this game and now it feels like there is no point to spend anymore except if i want a certain piece of gear in shipments. There is no point on buying any of the bundles or pack in the store Cause now stars dont matter that much so why buy the pack to star that toon up. I am kinda suprised they havent started selling packs to get certain toons to gear 9 or 10. I feel that the star level should count for something besides raids that is just my personal feeling on it.

I literally just said the same thing today to a few of my guild mates.

• Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Take a break for a while, the price of a soul is too high for a mobile game
  • The difference between 3 and 7 stars can be fairly significant, certainly the difference between winning and losing. I love seeing three star characters in arena.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Souls are overrated, this is SW dude, just make the pact
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Your zaul team is still good if it's a optimal zaul team. Or are you one of those noobs who slapped a zeta on maul and climbed to the top with a rag tag group and average mods?
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    It's not all about you just cause you started earlier
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Everybody can have the same gear. What sets people apart are the mods.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    True.. god I hate mods
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Everybody can have the same gear. What sets people apart are the mods.

Pretty much this. I still managed number 2 the other day (though not payout time unfortunately) with my outdated Vader lead squad. I can beat some Maul teams, and others not so much. All down to those speed mods. I also tend to beat the Jedi teams. Strong Cheirut Baze, Kenobi, and Rexx teams wreck me though.
  • The difference between 3 and 7 stars can be fairly significant, certainly the difference between winning and losing. I love seeing three star characters in arena.

It's roughly 2k-2.5k HP per star, plus around 50-100 damage. That's really all there is. The rest of the stat progression is gear only.
  • Never play just one game, you need diversions. Focusing on only one game fosters burnout.