Why has no one suggested Padme is coming next?

Prev13456
I think Padme Amidala is coming, not Luke.

It's not like I don't want him like everyone else, but there is Galactic Republic tag ready for synergy.

Think about the last "fan favorite" before R2: General Kenobi. Around that time GK and Padme threads were all over. I thought that they chose Kenobi and canned Padme, and due to recent forum stuff I would have said Jango is coming.

But when they said they weren't planning on doing anything with a Mandalorian tag and weren't planning on tagging the others for no reason I thought differently. What tags are recent that are there for limited or no reason? Recently it is Galactic Republic.

Clone Wars/Attack of the Clones Padme is my guess with little doubt.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Just because you and some other people like her doesnt mean shes a fan favorite
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    Natalie Portman is fan fav. But padme is not
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not a fan favorite.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    I like her.. she's not
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't think she has ever been considered a fan favorite. I think she could be a nice addition to the game though.

I think Luke makes more sense though as they have been teasing him more, and it makes sense to have him come hot on the heals of R2.
  • DatBoi wrote: »

I like Jedi Luke Skywalker; I want Jedi Luke Skywalker on this game.

I'm not saying I like her, or that I want her in the game. Maybe you weren't active in the forums during the times when she and Kenobi were both heavily talked about and so my reference to that didn't make any sense to you.

Along those same lines I would say General Kenobi isn't a fan favorite either. Yet CG/EA referred to him as one.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    One can't really rely on what the devs consider "fan favorite" they put Pao and Bistan in the game after all and tried to make it seem like the coolest thing ever.

Padme would be great. The galactic republic tag along with Mother's Day this week would be cool indicators, however I don't think they're going to put her in. I hope I'm wrong.

• StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Mzee wrote: »
    I don't think she has ever been considered a fan favorite. I think she could be a nice addition to the game though.

I think Luke makes more sense though as they have been teasing him more, and it makes sense to have him come hot on the heals of R2.

He has been on the splash screen since day one. They redesigned the splash screen and kept him as one of the characters on it. Hardly a tease.

It also would make no practical sense at all for him to follow R2. Luke is certainly a May 4th caliber character, not the "2nd" fan favorite type. But R2 having the first Galactic Republic synergy followed by the first Galactic Republic leader would make sense.

See comments concerning "fan favorite" above. I am in no way advocating for Padme over Luke, or claiming a sizable fan base even exists for Padme outside of this forum (as it was when people cried out for her.)
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    One can't really rely on what the devs consider "fan favorite" they put Pao and Bistan in the game after all and tried to make it seem like the coolest thing ever.

Padme would be great. The galactic republic tag along with Mother's Day this week would be cool indicators, however I don't think they're going to put her in. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think they have much choice in who to put in. They have to listen to the executives and marketing department, it's all meant to cross promote Star Wars products
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    i did say she was a possibility in my post along with Ep 4 chewie as the real one as a troll the developers could do... but i do think that when padme comes that separatist will get there rework along with the galactic republic for synergies and counters to each other
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108609/what-if-for-the-other-fan-favorite-character/p1
  • I'm likely wrong, but it seems more natural for Luke to be released sometime in November as part of building marketing buzz for next movie. I would also think, from the perspective of balance, we're more likely to get a dark side. I haven't really followed what sort of release is planned for this character, but we currently have two light slide event characters and one dark side, so dark side seems plausible.

But maybe that's the November marketing buzz release, and the character is Snoke!

Point being it's all just speculation.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    i did say she was a possibility in my post along with Ep 4 chewie as the real one as a troll the developers could do... but i do think that when padme comes that separatist will get there rework along with the galactic republic for synergies and counters to each other
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108609/what-if-for-the-other-fan-favorite-character/p1

Nice. Since the Grievous rework is supposedly close and Nute Gunray is a rumored Fleet Commander to be, it may all come true.
  • I'm likely wrong, but it seems more natural for Luke to be released sometime in November as part of building marketing buzz for next movie. I would also think, from the perspective of balance, we're more likely to get a dark side. I haven't really followed what sort of release is planned for this character, but we currently have two light slide event characters and one dark side, so dark side seems plausible.

But maybe that's the November marketing buzz release, and the character is Snoke!

Point being it's all just speculation.

But recent new releases have been all over the place. Hard to tell just from that. If it wasn't for all the recent dark side reworks, I'd assume a dark side character release.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    They changed fan favorite to iconic later that day they announced two fan favorites. Likely because this had a lot of people thinking Revan, because fan fave is too broad a term in a galaxy full of characters. Padme easily falls into category of iconic. Just food for thought. I'd be happy with Luke or Padme.
  • I don't think she would be considered a fan favorite. Usually they call characters from the originals fan favorites, unless they're iconic like Jango or Kenobi. I personally would love to see her, just the devs using the fan favorite term crosses out Padme, IMO. I'd expect Chewbacca or Jango. I too don't think Jedi Luke is likely (really hope it's him though).
  • Padme should be a deadly attacker. She should have very low base health. Like in the 8k range. Then release her with Sabe. Sabe should have close to 30k health, and act as a royal guard specifically for Padme. Sabe should be completely worthless (like Jedi knight guardian), but offer a Zeta that could give Padme half of Sabe's total health. Allow Sabe to absorb any damage done to Padme.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member

He has been on the splash screen since day one. They redesigned the splash screen and kept him as one of the characters on it. Hardly a tease.

It also would make no practical sense at all for him to follow R2. Luke is certainly a May 4th caliber character, not the "2nd" fan favorite type. But R2 having the first Galactic Republic synergy followed by the first Galactic Republic leader would make sense.

See comments concerning "fan favorite" above. I am in no way advocating for Padme over Luke, or claiming a sizable fan base even exists for Padme outside of this forum (as it was when people cried out for her.)

I seem to recall seeing a teaser video including Luke as well being released, though you do have some good points so could be right.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »

I don't think they have much choice in who to put in. They have to listen to the executives and marketing department, it's all meant to cross promote Star Wars products

youre on the right track. pao and bistan had their own subplot at the time CG started making them... only after audience screening did they cut them along with re-shooting 40% of the movie. that left CG with assets (pao and bistan) that took time and money to develop, so they just released them anyways. just like hasbro released a whole bunch of toys of characters that barely had screentime
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Very divisive character. A lot of us don't care about her at all.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Very divisive character. A lot of us don't care about her at all.

Hahaha. Knowing EA, they'll probably make her the most OP toon ever and the minute she's announced, you'll already hear the drool of a whale hitting the floor. LOL

• Ok ok time once again to make my case for no Padme in the game.

Padme is a xenophobic racist. Allow me to explain.
    So let's think back to Ep II. Anakin goes back to Tatooine to rescue his mother from the Tusken Raiders. As we all know she dies and Anakin goes ape and kills everyone. He comes back to the Lars farm and tells Padme what he did. He tells her that he killed them all, even the women and children. What's Padme's reaction? She hugs him and comforts him. It's all good with her because they're SP. I will not use that racist term to describe Tusken Raiders.
    Now lets move on to Ep III. Anakin turns to the dark side and heads to the Jedi temple for another murder spree. Once again Anakin kills some kids. Now all of the sudden Padme has a problem with child murder. I didn't see any aliens in the room.
    Padme is a racist. Let's not encourage racism and Tusken genocide in this game by allowing Padme to exist in it.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Ok ok time once again to make my case for no Padme in the game.

So let's think back to Ep II. Anakin goes back to Tatooine to rescue his mother from the Tusken Raiders. As we all know she dies and Anakin goes ape and kills everyone. He comes back to the Lars farm and tells Padme what he did. He tells her that he killed them all, even the women and children. What's Padme's reaction? She hugs him and comforts him. It's all good with her because they're SP. I will not use that racist term to describe Tusken Raiders.
    Now lets move on to Ep III. Anakin turns to the dark side and heads to the Jedi temple for another murder spree. Once again Anakin kills some kids. Now all of the sudden Padme has a problem with child murder. I didn't see any aliens in the room.
    Padme is a racist. Let's not encourage racism and Tusken genocide in this game by allowing Padme to exist in it.

But, it is ok for having someone in the game that commits murders of innocents including children? Ok...

And, Padme was a poorly written character. She was much better in the clone wars series. I don't see her as a racist, she understood Anakin's anger. They killed his mother. Plus, Tuskens were viewed more like animals than the more 'civilized' species that are introduced to us in the universe so I can see why she may not have been so shocked by it.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Allow Sabe to absorb any damage done to Padme.
    i like that part but that should just be a unique where you can't target Padme if Sabe is alive unless you have an AoE ability. in a way it can be as if she gives a unique buff to Padme that makes her untargetable while she is alive and it can be dispelled
  • MilMuertes
    315 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    MilMuertes wrote: »

But, it is ok for having someone in the game that commits murders of innocents including children? Ok...

And, Padme was a poorly written character. She was much better in the clone wars series. I don't see her as a racist, she understood Anakin's anger. They killed his mother. Plus, Tuskens were viewed more like animals than the more 'civilized' species that are introduced to us in the universe so I can see why she may not have been so shocked by it.

Anakin murdering innocents is ok because it wasn't based on racial bias.
    You sir or madam are part of the problem. How dare you refer to the Tuskens as animals. It's backward outer rim thinking like yours that keeps the galaxy as a whole from progressing. I expect nothing less from someone with a stormtrooper avatar. The Empire is not known for its acceptance of non-humans. Where do you draw the line? Rodians? Bothans? How about Ithorians (You would probably call them Hammerheads which is also racist) Just because the Tuskens are a more primitive society does not make their lives less valuable. Tusken lives matter.
    Post edited by MilMuertes on
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Mindblowing fact:

"Fan's Favorite" is base on what? have u ever seen poll, or survey around, and where is the hard data? Favorite base on real fans, random person, or which character benefit most from global sale merchandise?

Obviously, we debate about things that doesn't exist. :anguished:
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    i hope it's her and not luke. too many guys in this game
  • MilMuertes wrote: »

Honestly, Tuskens were "savage brutes" as quoted from Cliegg Lars, so it's understandable bias against them.

Also, for those arguing "tusken lives matter", I would argue that "Shmi Skywalker's life matters". Tuskens are nothing but horrible humanoid creatures that deserve to die. hell they are savages and brutes incapable of even speaking BASIC.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

I didn't say that. My point is that EA_Jesse wouldn't "confidently" refer to a controversial character like padme as a fan favorite. Even though many people including myself really like kylo ren, i know that doesn't make him a fan favorite.

If they add padme, they should add the version from the tv show. That one has a personality.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

I didn't say that. My point is that EA_Jesse wouldn't "confidently" refer to a controversial character like padme as a fan favorite. Even though many people including myself really like kylo ren, i know that doesn't make him a fan favorite.

If they add padme, they should add the version from the tv show. That one has a personality.

well, we are talking about the same padme are we not. Padme in TCW/Padme in ROTS is the same character. but yeah, her lockpicking/escape/blaster etc skills in TCW are awesome.
This discussion has been closed.