Breaking news!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I though it was obvious. One new toon from the Jedi event. Another new toon from the shard exchange.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    If Yoda is as descripted in the datamined stuff, he'll influence the meta for sure.

How is that?
    He gives Tenacity to Jedis, and jump the turn meter when s Jedi resist a debuff. It could Jump Jedis into the Poe time bubble (those who resist the expose)

Ah... Not sure Jedi's have enough DPS though :(
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    If Yoda is as descripted in the datamined stuff, he'll influence the meta for sure.

How is that?
    He gives Tenacity to Jedis, and jump the turn meter when s Jedi resist a debuff. It could Jump Jedis into the Poe time bubble (those who resist the expose)

No but they have other fun things to throw onto the table, this game isn't all about DPS, no matter how loud big whales are screeming it.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

No but they have other fun things to throw onto the table, this game isn't all about DPS, no matter how loud big whales are screeming it.

To win I have to kill the enemy team, no?
  • Options

How is that?

But... whales can't scream. :wink:
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

How is that?

QGJ has top DPS. Mace will do decent damage. I think Anakin will become relevant soon. Luminaria is decent. Ayla Secura has a decent chance to call an assist for good damage.. They do not have the 1 hit KO ability than Rey/GS/droids have, but they could be decent. Specislly if Jedi Like is out too. Otherwise you can always use Rey to add an extra DPS toon. With QGJ, Rey, etc you can do some damage.
  • Options
    General grievouss commonnn
  • Options
    Puppy Monkey Baby needs to be added.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    There will be more than one new character available with the update. There will also be that Shard Shop exclusive character later this month.

My credit card company thanks you for this. Me? It means overtime. Sigh
  • Options
    QGJ has top DPS. Mace will do decent damage. I think Anakin will become relevant soon. Luminaria is decent. Ayla Secura has a decent chance to call an assist for good damage.. They do not have the 1 hit KO ability than Rey/GS/droids have, but they could be decent. Specislly if Jedi Like is out too. Otherwise you can always use Rey to add an extra DPS toon. With QGJ, Rey, etc you can do some damage.

And Yoda is the glue that hold them all together? The other characters already exist. I think Yoda did not need a leadership ability and should be passive like Barris so you can use other leads that exist and add more synergy. Unfortunately, the Jedi's lack synergy :(
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

To win I have to kill the enemy team, no?

Yes but not necessarily in one hit, in arena you have 5 min, thats more than enough even with a team armed with wet bagguettes

How is that?

But... whales can't scream. :wink:

Okay then I rephrase that No matter how loud big whales sings it.
    Better now :tongue:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Okay then I rephrase that No matter how loud big whales sings it.
    Better now :tongue:

Yep! :grin:
  • Options
    So if i understand this correctly, the shard shop wont be like the other shops/shipments with several characters available for the "shard currency"? You will only be able to buy shards for one specific toon with this? If so, will that toon get rotated like other shipment, or be permanent?
  • Options
    Maestro wrote: »
    So if i understand this correctly, the shard shop wont be like the other shops/shipments with several characters available for the "shard currency"? You will only be able to buy shards for one specific toon with this? If so, will that toon get rotated like other shipment, or be permanent?

I find that unlikely... what happens when you 7 star that toon? I think it will have more than one option.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Maestro wrote: »

You don't. It will have several characters like other shops, plus one obtainable only through shard exchange.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

And Yoda is the glue that hold them all together? The other characters already exist. I think Yoda did not need a leadership ability and should be passive like Barris so you can use other leads that exist and add more synergy. Unfortunately, the Jedi's lack synergy :(

Maybe I'm overstimating the effect of Yoda's leadership, but yes, I feel Yoda's the differnece between watching your Jedi being slauhtered in an overPoewered carnage without any chance to act because of speed, and actually being able to do something in the meanwhile. Not only because that, also because his special ability that steal 40% TM to a single enemy (which means, to Poe) Let's see what happens once he goes live. If Yoda has 143 speed, expect to see him A LOT.

BTW, we don't have new Mace yet. So that's one aditional damage dealer to add to a group which lack them.
  • Options
    I want Salacious Crumb!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If Yoda has 143 speed, expect to see him A LOT.
    In this meta, speed will be key. There are too many teams right now where if Poe goes first, you lose. Yoda's kit looks very cool but won't matter if he doesn't get a chance to use it. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It will be Poe's evil twin Die Dameron who has 144 speed, reduces 50% TM and exposes on taunt and has 25K HP taunt for 3 turns. Gives team Offense and speed up if a second taunt goes after him. He also hits like a truck.
  • Options
    Hopefully they address their current roster before they go adding new characters.

IG88 is a bounty hunter, Fett is a bounty hunter and a clone, Greedo, bounty hunter, Lando is a rebel, why does Ahsoka grant bonus for Night Sisters? Etc etc.

Also so, so many characters and archetypes that are utterly useless. Saying they will become valid as new characters are added is no answer either, still means they are virtually unusable until that time. Out of the number of characters in the roster, about half are just awful and this is the main reason there is no variety in the meta for arena.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    IG88 is a bounty hunter, Fett is a bounty hunter and a clone, Greedo, bounty hunter, Lando is a rebel, why does Ahsoka grant bonus for Night Sisters? Etc etc.

As a matter of fact, while Boba Fett is technically a clone, he was never conditioned and trained to be a part of the clone army so he shouldn't benefit from clone synergies.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm overstimating the effect of Yoda's leadership, but yes, I feel Yoda's the differnece between watching your Jedi being slauhtered in an overPoewered carnage without any chance to act because of speed, and actually being able to do something in the meanwhile. Not only because that, also because his special ability that steal 40% TM to a single enemy (which means, to Poe) Let's see what happens once he goes live. If Yoda has 143 speed, expect to see him A LOT.

BTW, we don't have new Mace yet. So that's one aditional damage dealer to add to a group which lack them.

Will be interesting to see. POE taunts some Jedi resist the expose and gain and lose 30% turn meter, and still have to attack POE? The DPS hiding behind poe are still going to be able to do the PEW PEW.

I agree Yoda's speed is whats going to make or break him.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    There will be more than one new character available with the update. There will also be that Shard Shop exclusive character later this month.

When is the update
  • Options
    Yoda won't be a fast character. The skills in the data mine wouldn't work if Yoda went before everyone else

Anyway, this is the best news yet! Are they chrome pack only? Galactic War? PvP? Why do you do this to us?!
  • Options
    There's actually no new characters in the update today. Was this a misunderstanding?
  • Options
    There's actually no new characters in the update today. Was this a misunderstanding?

Wait till thursday
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Old_Tallen wrote: »

As a matter of fact, while Boba Fett is technically a clone, he was never conditioned and trained to be a part of the clone army so he shouldn't benefit from clone synergies.

He was in a training facility once, when child, for like two hours or so. Does that count?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Will be interesting to see. POE taunts some Jedi resist the expose and gain and lose 30% turn meter, and still have to attack POE? The DPS hiding behind poe are still going to be able to do the PEW PEW.

I agree Yoda's speed is whats going to make or break him.
    Still options there. QGJ could remove the Taunt. Ben Kenobi could make the pew pew not work as intended, etc. If we ever get a Jedi with Taunt, that could work too. Dunno, at least you have options.

But yes, being 143 speed is the real key.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EDIT wrong thread