Still Cannot Win Galactic War, Can someone help me?

So I am level 70 and still have not won galactic war, sad right? My team right now is 4* Vader( level 66 Gear 7), 4* Maul (Level 70 Gear 7), 7* Sidious (Level 63 Gear 7) , 7* Luminara (Level 64 Gear 7), and 7* Geonosian Soldier (Level 63 Gear 8). My other strong characters are 7* Boba Fett, 6* Jedi Consular, 5* Sun Fac, and 5* Grand Moff Tarkin. Despite this, I still cannot win as I have to fight level 80 characters with gear 8 and above and they are all seven stars. Can I please have help?

Replies

• 1. If the node has a strong opening volley, throw a couple scrubs in their first so they can take the opening volley. Then bring in your main team.

2. Have more than one team. I have an empire/sith team built around Maul to take out jedi nodes and nodes with more than 2 jedi. I've got my main team of rebels. I've got a jedi team that i'll use to soften up a particularly tough node. I've got a clone/droid team for the same purpose.

3. build some synergy between your characters. You've got a bit of a motley crue there. My main rebel team can clear the whole board most days. I let Wedge lead. He eliminates the need for lumi since he heals all rebels when they attack. Wedge synergizes well with biggs for the extra assist. He synergizes well with Lando since they both have strong AOE's. ST Han gives turn meter when taunting which helps with the AOE's and the Biggs double assist.

4. Take out the most dangerous target first. Figure out who is going to ruin your day and end him/her.

5. Let your secondary teams take on the first couple nodes. You are essentially "priming" their turn meter, so they don't have to build up from zero when you need them later. There's nothing worse than having a character at red on the main squad, and you bring in Lumi to pinch hit but she has to build from zero before she can heal. You want her going ASAP so she can heal him before the hits start coming.

6. work on characters that can fit many team compositions. That way when you lose one character, you don't freak out. Just throw in your jack of all trades guys, and keep moving forward. Boba is so good he's likely in your main squad. Phasma gets tossed a lot on my team. Rex, 5's, Lumi, Yoda, Kylo, and JKA do a lot of pinch hitting as well if its a bad day. Those 7 can usually be swapped in depending on what I need for that particular node.

7. if you have a bad start to a node, retreat and start again. Swap in a character or two to see if it makes a difference. Change who your first target is, etc. That retreat is your "get out of jail free" card. Use it before all your dudes bite it, and you can redo the node. No harm done.

8. watch status effects. People tend to concentrate on damage, but status effects against you, or status effects on the enemy can be just as dangerous if not moreso. If you are facing EP you do NOT want his AOE stun to land. You'll be watching helplessly as your stunned team gets wiped out. You'll either want to take him out immediately or bring in someone who can up your tenacity to resist the stun. A cleanser works well against vader and his force crush, etc. Make sure you are countering their best moves.

Thanks,

Djimon Varak
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    I want to offer advice, but morgan has nailed it, this will help you reach the end my friend. Once you do, it gets easier every time. Though, you will find days now and then that you fail to complete it, just try again tomorrow! Also, I've got some advice in my videos, my channel is below. Hang in there!
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    You will need at least 3 team or 15 toons for GW. Some infor:
    1. Fill turn meter your strongest team at Silver Box Node ( node 1,4), only use basic skill if possible, keep this team only for final if possible.
    2. Fill turn meter some good toons by add him to your secondary team at Silver Box Node ( node 1,4), ofc only use basic skill if possible and keep his health.
    3. If you don't have enough team, be ready to retreat/change teams/change position toons/ change skill used to keep as much as possible lots of good toons for the final node.
    4. Purple Box Node is hard than others, so use your strong team, again: ready to retreat if the result is not good enough ( toons died/ low health)
    5. The hard of GW base on your 5 most power toons ( i'm told from people), upgrade some other toons will help.
    6. Rebel team with wedge lead is good because of health recovery. This team can be use as core team along with Sith team (DN lead).
    7. Need time, and retreat.
  • I've only just started managing to complete GW. I have a Sith team led by Nihilus which includes Vader, Sidious, Savage and Dooku. That one squad (all lvl72) obliterates every single node every single day. I think Nihilus' Leader ability is much underrated.

Vader is 5*, Nihilus (as Leader) is 4*, Dooku is 6*, Savage Opress is 7* and so is Sidious 7*.

This squad also got me into the top 700 in Squad Arena.

Good luck!
  • I'm at Level 84, and have only once failed to complete GW, due to Maul one-shotting all five of my characters three times in a row while I was level seventy-something. Further, I almost always complete GW with a single team. I (early on) swap out a few different characters to build up their Turn Meters. When I decide I need a tank in order to win a match, I put that toon in there, with TM already built.

The biggest help is to retreat when you get an unfavorable result. If Biggs + Wedge one-shot a key character of yours, just retreat. It doesn't save your progress for that node, and you can try a different strategy. Putting new characters in changes the way your enemies react to your team, which means they might target a different character of yours, which is a more favorable result.

Last night I retreated about 15 times from my Node 9 because Wiggs kept 1-shotting my own Wedge. I eventually found a combination that let me snipe out their Biggs (couldn't find a way to kill Wedge, strangely), and have most of the opponent shots go into Sun Fac, who was expendable.

It can take a while, but retreating is key to your success in GW.
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    yeah - all good advice here. Multiple teams is a must - synergy on teams is another. Pinch hitters as mentioned is always a good back-up plan. Toons that can jump in and not mess a lot of synergy up - Boba, JKA. The retreat button is your friend but sometimes you can get wiped so fast, there's just no chance - or EP stuns the whole team and you sit there watching your good team get turned to dust. It happens, build a diverse roster, and you'll do better.
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    You can always force close the app or stop your Internet connection...
  • sirmazhar
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I have the same problem ... but i notice that the key to win gw is DO NOT LEVEL YOUR CHAR THE SAME AS UR CURRENT LEVEL.

Say if you are in lv 70 then your char should ne in lv65. ( below 5 levels )

And you must have a good healer ...
    If your main team is loosing ... you can retreat and restart the battle

With this i can easily win gw ...
  • sirmazhar wrote: »
    I have the same problem ... but i notice that the key to win gw is DO NOT LEVEL YOUR CHAR THE SAME AS UR CURRENT LEVEL.

Say if you are in lv 70 then your char should ne in lv65. ( below 5 levels )

And you must have a good healer ...
    If your main team is loosing ... you can retreat and restart the battle

With this i can easily win gw ...

This isn't the best advice, GW nodes difficulty is based on your arena level. You think this is a valid solution because you aren't ranked that high in arena because your low level characters. You can max your characters out and just keep your arena rank a little lower then you can actually handle. That would make GW even easier. However, I only recommend doing this until you have a few squads and can handle the nodes at a higher arena rank level. High arena rank equals more crystals, crystals are the most important currency in the game.
  • Also, you may have noticed the nodes come in waves of 3, easy medium hard. First board is easy, second is medium, third is hard...that's the first wave. The second wave will be a little harder then the first but still follows the same pattern. The 4th node will be easy, the 5th will be medium, the 6th will be hard (usually the first node you may take significant damage). Then same with the next wave, 7th nod easy, 8th medium, 9th hard. So when you go at it, you will probably want to try and set your self up for good runs on those hard nodes. Don't throw all your specials into cooldown on your last turns of the medium phases, try to save them for the hard node coming next. And try to match your squads to the opposition. For example, say the opposing team has a Rex lead....don't use rebels, there high crit chance is only gonna trigger Rex squad turn meter boost and you'll get wrecked.
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I've only just started managing to complete GW. I have a Sith team led by Nihilus which includes Vader, Sidious, Savage and Dooku. That one squad (all lvl72) obliterates every single node every single day. I think Nihilus' Leader ability is much underrated.

Vader is 5*, Nihilus (as Leader) is 4*, Dooku is 6*, Savage Opress is 7* and so is Sidious 7*.

This squad also got me into the top 700 in Squad Arena.

Good luck!
    +1

Same with me. Since I a started using DN Lead only one GW didn't finish. Using DN since his event.
    When I got Dooku, EP and SA and it's much easier. Speed and Speed.
  • I use a Wedge lead with 5 rebels, and I dont lose a toon until node 11. they arnt even my strongest characters, sousually I can finish off the last node with my strongest characters and maybe a couple other squads, unless I run into a ZGQJ team.
  • Use a synergy team (rebelss, sith, emipire) for first half then go in with your best team. I use wedge lead with liea chiewt biggs and cassion
  • AtomiKnighT
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I use 1 sith team and almost never lose a toon. I use a 5* Nhilius(leader), 7* Sidious, 5* Palpatine, 7* Vader, and 6* Savage.

My recommendation is to use a team that works together and gives each other bonuses. Luminara and the soldier aren't a good match with the rest of your team. I'd say use Tarken, and Boba Fett. I would use Vader as your team leader.
  • Also, you may have noticed the nodes come in waves of 3, easy medium hard. First board is easy, second is medium, third is hard...that's the first wave. The second wave will be a little harder then the first but still follows the same pattern. The 4th node will be easy, the 5th will be medium, the 6th will be hard (usually the first node you may take significant damage). Then same with the next wave, 7th nod easy, 8th medium, 9th hard. So when you go at it, you will probably want to try and set your self up for good runs on those hard nodes. Don't throw all your specials into cooldown on your last turns of the medium phases, try to save them for the hard node coming next. And try to match your squads to the opposition. For example, say the opposing team has a Rex lead....don't use rebels, there high crit chance is only gonna trigger Rex squad turn meter boost and you'll get wrecked.

Thanks for the word waves, it helps a lot to understand it.
    1 GW with 4 waves in 3 tier(easy, medium, hard) thinking of space defender ;-)

@Vader_Killer
    You focus dark side. (Get 2nd team)
    You will have problems with credit heist. (Get Lando)
    Healers value drop very quick around lvl72 - lvl78. (Replace Lumi und JC. From lvl 69 you can farm Wedge.)
    Missing for a Rebellteam is Biggs.
    Run Wedge (l), Biggs, Lando with geo for the start as 2nd team.
    Good luck!