Sim Ticket Management

There are lots of posts asking for more sim tickets. Inevitably multiple people come on saying they have gobs of tickets. I thought it might be helpful to put a quick guide to point people to when they are having trouble.

The short answer:
Spend your tickets wisely. Spend them where they get the most bang for the ticket. Distract yourself with another activity when it’s time to do the mundane tasks so you don’t waste valuable playing time

The long answer:
The first thing we have to do is define what a sim ticket is. At its core it is a time management tool. It allows you to automate certain activities to lessen the time spent actually doing those activities. Time is probably the most precious resource we have. It is finite. Thankfully the developers added sim tickets to help us manage it so we don’t have to spend all day running through the various activities.

We know time is finite. We have a tool to manage that time. The tool isn’t intended to automate everything. So we, as users, have to decide how to use the limited tool to best manage our time. My suggestion is to use that tool to do the most time intensive tasks so we save as much time as possible.

Let’s walk through an example. You have 10 sim tickets and you are level 70. You need to run to 10 health node challenges and 10 LS-1D nodes (6 energy). The health node challenges are 5 stages and will probably take you 3-4 minutes to complete. The 6 energy light side node (using the 4x feature) with 3-6 AOE users probably takes 20 seconds to run through the 3 stages (stage 1-aoe dead-stage two-aoe dead-stage 3- aoe dead - victory). If you use those 10 sim tickets on the health node challenges you’ll save roughly 35 minutes. If you use them on the LS node you save a little over 3-4 minutes.

Now I picked those two because they tend to be dramatic. Everyone would choose to save 35 minutes over 3-4 minutes. You should try and use your sim tickets for the most time intensive tasks to preserve the tool for when it’s most needed. The ship battles and the mod challenges seem to be heavy time consumers, so they should get a high sim ticket priority. Those easy 6 energy nodes go really quick, now that we can speed up the gameplay with the “4x” feature.

Now with every rule there is an exception. Even this rule has one notable exception. I call it the General Kenobi rule. There are lots of posts to borrow General Kenobi from other users. That’s mainly because when they can unlock those stage 9 light side nodes they typically CANNOT 3 star the node. They seek help. Once they have those stage 9 nodes 3-starred, they will sim it every time because of how difficult the node is. You want those rewards so it’s worth it to sim anything you can’t reliably 3 star on every execution. Those are the harder nodes that take more time, so you’ve likely identified them with a high ticket priority already, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Those 20 energy nodes are good candidates for simming as well simply because of the amount of energy consumed per sim ticket ensures the energy is used up before the tickets run out.

The last things I would ask you to consider are crystal refreshes, and stockpiling. Time is finite remember? Some days we have lots of it, some days next to none. Stockpiling sim tickets for those busy days makes life much easier. You can just sim it and go, problem solved. One of the better ways to build your stockpile is to manually do the fights on a crystal refresh. You can pop in a show, and sit back and hit a few buttons here and there. Rather than losing 10 sim tickets on a 120 energy refresh for a 6 energy node, you actually gain 10 tickets. That’s a 20 ticket swing in your stockpile without having to actively play the game.

To summarize: Spend your tickets wisely. Spend them where they get the most bang for the ticket. Distract yourself with another activity when it’s time to do the mundane tasks so you don’t waste valuable playing time

Thanks,

Djimon Varak

Replies

• tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey look at that, a friendly and useful post about sim tickets. Good job with this. I think it's easy for higher level players to forget how quickly sim tickets go when your below level 60 or so.

This is all very good advice, I would just add one thing; If you absolutely need to buy tickets, pay the 50 crystals for the tickets plus energy, don't get the 20 in shipments. That energy is well worth the extra crystals.