What do you all think of locked buffs, as an ability?

Corrog
308 posts Member
A while back, I had an idea for a Jedi character that I think could work a number of ways. The idea, at its core, was to give players control of their buffs.

My actual idea was that if master Yoda uses battle meditation, and the character with this ability uses his corresponding special after, all buffs on the party would be locked for 2 turns. But I'm not married to the specifics, I just like the idea.

So what do you all think? Would it be fun to have it be possible to lock your buffs? Or maybe lock debuffs on enemies?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To help balance it, it should lock debuffs too.

And exclude, advantage, expose, stagger (that has an expose type damage addition right?)

I think you get the idea.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Or maybe lock debuffs on enemies?
    Locked Ability Block!

Locked Stun!

The possibilities are endless.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

And exclude, advantage, expose, stagger (that has an expose type damage addition right?)

Maybe. But that's potentially helpful too. Locked debuffs can't be used by Vader or boba to do crazy damage. If everything locks, you're effectively immune to their best attacks.

Fun to think about, though. I'd love to see the idea fleshed out more.
    Corrog wrote: »
    Or maybe lock debuffs on enemies?
    Locked Ability Block!

Locked Stun!

The possibilities are endless.

When I say locked, I mean for the duration of the ability. To protect against cleanses/dispels. Not permanent locks. That would quickly become horrifying.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member

Forseight too, although if it only locks the duration it wouldn't have to to exclude those
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Forseight too, although if it only locks the duration it wouldn't have to to exclude those

Yeah, I was thinking only for the duration. Should have specified. I just think the game revolves too heavily around debuffs currently, and this would give buffs more room to shine.