Shard Shop Exclusive Character later this month

Replies

• No one ever stated the the Shard Shop Exclusive Character has to be farmed at 2 shards per refresh. For all we know, it could be 5 shards per, or even 10 shards per. All we know is that the ratio (so far) is 10:1, which would make the exclusive character quite exclusive. Asking for 1500 Currency for 10 shards is something that is very whale-esque and would allow players to unlock him/her in a reasonable time frame.
  • Any chance we can get a shop to sell/trade characters we don't want/use?? Thx
  • If I've maxed lumi and continue to get shards for her, can I use it in the shard shop?.

That's exactly how it works. Only 7* shards can be exchanged
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Something tells me they will make the special character in the shard shop 5 or 10 shard purchases with the 50-100 extra shards to purchase. They wouldn't waste their time to give us somebody that takes 165 to 7 star minimum. Give em some credit. It ll work itself out
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I am assuming that this will be an entirely new character. What I am really interested in is what chromium exclusive characters will no longer be exclusive come the patch? I would love even a vague answer on this. Something like "We are moving 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) characters to the various shipment stores that were previously chromium only at the time of the update."

None of them, why would they do that at this time, they just moved QGJ over. Only 8 of the characters are chromium exclusive.

Aayla, Cad Bane, Dath Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Kit Fisto, Lando Calrissian, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Princess Leia.

Why would they make a shop to encourage people to buy packs, only to deter people from buying packs and instead continuing to buy cantina/arena/GW shipments for shard exchange since the Exclusive characters can be purchased that way.

Actually they've already released that this is exactly how it will work. As new characters are released (as chromium only) the previous chromium only characters will be pushed into the game.
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Disappointed in the Shard Shop.
  • How long will the "exclusive char" be exclusive? 1 month, 3 months or 5 months? We need that information before buying the shards.
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Looks like a big fail for non-whales. I've spent somewhere between $800-$1000, and this is almost totally useless to me. 6 months from now, maybe. Today, almost insulting. 10:1? Seriously? Why not just put the new character in all of the $5000 and up crowd's inbox and save the programming time and me from disappointment.

So basically, the new character won't be farmable. 3300 extra shards to 7*. Ridiculous. I love this game, but I hate this implementation. It's like inviting someone to the ball and telling them they can't come in when they get there.

So assuming 1000 arena points per day, 12.5 shards per day. 3300/12.5=264 days to get the new character maxed. 3:1 would be fair. As is, this is akin to giving billionaires a tax refund.
  • Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Looks like a big fail for non-whales. I've spent somewhere between $800-$1000, and this is almost totally useless to me. 6 months from now, maybe. Today, almost insulting. 10:1? Seriously? Why not just put the new character in all of the $5000 and up crowd's inbox and save the programming time and me from disappointment.

So basically, the new character won't be farmable. 3300 extra shards to 7*. Ridiculous. I love this game, but I hate this implementation. It's like inviting someone to the ball and telling them they can't come in when they get there.

So assuming 1000 arena points per day, 12.5 shards per day. 3300/12.5=264 days to get the new character maxed. 3:1 would be fair. As is, this is akin to giving billionaires a tax refund.

Agreed. This is absurd. The shard shop will only serve the cheaters.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I am assuming that this will be an entirely new character. What I am really interested in is what chromium exclusive characters will no longer be exclusive come the patch? I would love even a vague answer on this. Something like "We are moving 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) characters to the various shipment stores that were previously chromium only at the time of the update."

None of them, why would they do that at this time, they just moved QGJ over. Only 8 of the characters are chromium exclusive.

Aayla, Cad Bane, Dath Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Kit Fisto, Lando Calrissian, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Princess Leia.

Why would they make a shop to encourage people to buy packs, only to deter people from buying packs and instead continuing to buy cantina/arena/GW shipments for shard exchange since the Exclusive characters can be purchased that way.

Actually they've already released that this is exactly how it will work. As new characters are released (as chromium only) the previous chromium only characters will be pushed into the game.

That reply was in reference towards today, that they were going to magically release the chromium only toons into the shard shop.
  • Update ate my extra shards for some reason. Well, I had only one shard on a 7* toon but still this is annoying because now I do not see the shard shop.
  • Mr_Eel wrote: »

Absolutely, right.
    you know, it's THE EA.
  • Anybody knows what the trade in formula is? I've read somewhere that the more 7* chars you have the better the trade in price.

Can anyone of the mega rich fans confirm what they get? I am fetting such a ..... Rate I didn't trade in yet.

Many if us would want to hold to iur extra yards if this was true, until we have maybe 20 7* four months from now...
  • Anybody knows what the trade in formula is? I've read somewhere that the more 7* chars you have the better the trade in price.

Can anyone of the mega rich fans confirm what they get? I am fetting such a ..... Rate I didn't trade in yet.

Many if us would want to hold to iur extra yards if this was true, until we have maybe 20 7* four months from now...

The exchange rate is 10:1 for everyone. The above statement is a myth.
  • DermoRen wrote: »
    Mr_Eel wrote: »

Agreed. This is absurd. The shard shop will only serve the cheaters.

How would this serve cheaters? Or are you calling whales, "the cheaters"?

• CPMP wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    Do we have any idea the exchange ratio?

I think it should be 1:1

You've worked hard / paid for it

1:1 is the only fair/logical way imo. This gane as of yet does not differentiate in shards. A shard is a shard weather its rey or weather its an ewok. They all count the same/add the same/promote the same/unlock the same etc etc etc.

And even their current shop model has no diferentiation in shards. Its all always 400 currency fir 5 shards (or 125 currency per 1 shard, however u wanna view it) weather its jinn/sid or biggs lol

They are trying to let us know ahead so we can save extra shards, this is obvious, if its not 1:1, the backlash will be the most severe to date im quite sure

No it shouldn't be 1:1.
    Otherwise people are just going to keep buying Lumi and Sid shards on 7* maxxed toons and run to the shop, extra shards in hand to swap them for the shop exclusive toon's shards. Why would they build in such a disincentive to diverse builds/rosters?

I've seen a lot of your posts and few of them make any logical sense apart from self entitled whining about what you want, but hey, at least you're consistent.

I think it would be fair to be 1:1
    Most heroes are easy to obtain through GW, Arena and Cantina Shipments right from the start of the game. So in order to get the shard character, you ll have to reach a character 7* first. Which is additional effort just to get that hero.
    There should be other items to be tradeable for additional shards, like droids, gold, purple ability material or even gear. Don't need to make the new character unreachable to the majority of players just because a small minority spent crazy money on packs, enough to get 500+ additional shards on some heroes.

Of course you do, you have a sense of entitlement.

If you make it 1:1 you essentially make every toon in the game easily farmable the moment you reach 7* on any toon in a shipment area. It's preposterous.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I am disappointed with this
  • This may have already been covered, and if so, I apologise, but if I'm not mistaken, the shard shop changes the available characters each refresh? If that's correct then does the exclusive character become unavailable from time to time? Or won't it get swapped out like the other character shards?
    Thanks
  • The char is to 99,99% Emperor Palpetine
  • Chosen_One
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am very disappointed at the exchange ratio 10:1, most of em are not useful and no refreshes? This shard shop is totally worthless, i rather farm or buy shards from shipments. Who cares about exclusive toon, they are for whales anyway. Thumbs down for shard shop.

On the other note, I like what you guys did on easy readable shards/gears details and free energy refills, thumbs up on that.
  • Disappointed with it too.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I thought, that after they came with the reason for changing from GW token to crystals, was so every shop where the same, the math would look like this

16 Shard credits for a shard,
    5 shards for 400 Shard credits.

Based on a 5:1 ratio
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • This is meant for whales. If you arent a whale it is not worth entertaining. Is there anything you guys dont whine about? Im F2P for me the shard exchange is useless and I am perfectly okay with that.
  • This is meant for whales. If you arent a whale it is not worth entertaining. Is there anything you guys dont whine about? Im F2P for me the shard exchange is useless and I am perfectly okay with that.

No, whales don't like to wait 6 months to max a character out
  • murton09 wrote: »
    This is meant for whales. If you arent a whale it is not worth entertaining. Is there anything you guys dont whine about? Im F2P for me the shard exchange is useless and I am perfectly okay with that.

No, whales don't like to wait 6 months to max a character out

There will be a refresh i guarantee.
  • I just don't understand who the shard shop is far exactly. You get six random characters that are non-chromium exclusive. So for everyone who gets lucky and gets Rey or Vader or Anakin, there are ten more that get nothing but ewok scouts, IG-86, and other easy to acquire shards. Also you would need 3300 extra shards to get a full character to 7* which would take almost half a year to acquire? That just doesn't seem like a great deal for anyone, takes too long for whales and is pointless to even try to get for nonwhales. I just hope this exclusive character isn't someone popular.
  • a great idea that is nothing more than a money grab...

the exchange rate is a complete joke...

it's like going from a 3rd world country and visiting a Best Buy for the first time...you can barely afford a gum ball...but it looks cool!
  • I think the shard exchange rates should vary based on what you are getting. If it is a farmable character should be 1 to 1 or 2 to 1. If it is a chromium only character 5 to 1 and an exclusive character 10 to 1.
  • If only the exchange rate wasn't garbage... Can't ever see myself getting this new toon. It's obviously for people who spend a LOT on this game...
  • Do we have any idea the exchange ratio?

It 10:1 in absolute joke I don't know what makes them think that ratio was good but it makes me want to take my money and spend it on other games
This discussion has been closed.