Farming speed mod challenge?

My mods are not flash and was wondering if farming the speed mod challenge (two cantina refreshes a day) is the best mod challenge to farm? I do buy speed secondary mods whenever they appear in the mods shop, however my credits are quite low. I usually hover between 0-10M but still have a lot of development across my roster and a lot of credits are still being spent on leveling toons 1-85.

Am I better off focusing on speed mods or CD/CC mods and aiming for secondaries on these?

Direct link to my secondary speed mods on swgoh.gg, https://swgoh.gg/u/pwntehnubs/mods/?stat2=5

Replies

• Jedi1337
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh, speed it the most important stat in the game. All syats are important in their own way, but at the end of the day, it is all about who is faster.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    I much prefer crit damage mods with speed secondaries.
  • Options
    Speed secondaries rule. Not speed set bonus. 4 speed primary mods give you only +10% speed set bonus. Speed is displayed as a flat number, so adding 10% is based on their base speed. On slower toons that benefit is negligible. I do not recommend speed primary set bonus unless you are putting them on fast toons. Rey, JE, TFP, R2, SA. Unfortunately, even those toons would benefit more from Health/Pot/Crit dmg sets.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    If you have to farm the toons, I would farm another set... If you already 3*, why not? You should have at least 1 good speed set eventually (good speed secondaries).

The second question is how much cantina energy/refreshes should you be spending on challenge farming? I would say maybe 1, 100 crystals at most.. depending how many cantina characters you still need.

I would bank crystals for gear and when you stockpile some credits just refresh the store 6 times for 90 crystals.

The problem with farming challenges is the drop is horrible. Not only do you RNG 5 dot but then rarity AND THEN secondaries.

Thus I only do 1 refresh of cantina a day and use them based on what I want to do, farm some shards or mods whatever. Then spend the other crystals to refresh the store so you can buy what you need.

• vlad745
    181 posts Member
    Options
    Speed mods are quite important for first strike characters or support. Damage makers really shine with CD/CC sets and that's the fact. Some darkies need more potency so potency sets become important. Tanks need generally health modes. So between these 5 categories you should figure out your priorities if farming. If buying from shop then shop sets the pace lol.

Also important are decisions about the cross/plus mode stats like tenacity or defense are not really preferred it is more about protection offense or potency as a rule of thumb. Same with triangles, generally either CD or protection with perhaps few exceptions. Arrows protection or speed, probably no other stat unless speed sec on them rolls like past 20.

I am done mode collecting (at least I hope) so if you want to check below is link. Btw dont' ask how much I spent, insane...Also my toons are not maxed in speed except to some extent cd mods, speed mods are spread around. It has been a while since I have put the fastest set together, but is probably around +125 (speed set so depends on toon bonus).

https://swgoh.gg/u/vladtheimpaler/
  • vlad745
    181 posts Member
    Options
    btw as trivia, the fasted speed set I have seen is on SA giving her 293 speed, hey life is insane...
  • Options
    vlad745 wrote: »
    Speed mods are quite important for first strike characters or support. Damage makers really shine with CD/CC sets and that's the fact. Some darkies need more potency so potency sets become important. Tanks need generally health modes. So between these 5 categories you should figure out your priorities if farming. If buying from shop then shop sets the pace lol.

Also important are decisions about the cross/plus mode stats like tenacity or defense are not really preferred it is more about protection offense or potency as a rule of thumb. Same with triangles, generally either CD or protection with perhaps few exceptions. Arrows protection or speed, probably no other stat unless speed sec on them rolls like past 20.

I am done mode collecting (at least I hope) so if you want to check below is link. Btw dont' ask how much I spent, insane...Also my toons are not maxed in speed except to some extent cd mods, speed mods are spread around. It has been a while since I have put the fastest set together, but is probably around +125 (speed set so depends on toon bonus).

https://swgoh.gg/u/vladtheimpaler/
    Sup vlad? Hadn't logged on swgoh forums for a few days, so a slight necro.

Great response and highlights my areas I need to focus and improve on. Appreciate the great reply!
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    CD/CC better n search for speed secondaries.. speed set doesn't affect much since the bonus set take from base speed. Unless u wanna speed up more speedy char.

Don't expect much from mod challenge, they will let u down. But it's okay for ur B-C-D team. :(