Dooku counter vs Kylo counter?

MacThizz
89 posts Member
edited February 2016
Everybody is in such a tizzy over Dooku and his Never Fail counter, but I believe that our favorite Knight of Ren is much more intimidating. I won't even use AOE attacks if I see that checkmark go on. While with dooku I have no issue with shanking that fool. Lil old man trying to hit with a walking stick. Now if you are using those pansy **** jedi squads, well then I hear your issue. But for one who wields the dark side of the force and thoroughly enjoys it, I can say kylo is definitely the one to avoid, unless you like bleeding from your **** while not being able to be healed by your ewok elder. Lol. Just sayin.

Replies

• Both are pretty annoying. Usually I wait to hit Kylo until I can stun him with Luke or ability block him with Lumi/ Poggle when his counter is down.

My only AOE is Sid, so I don't have too many issues with the counters.

When do most people focus Kylo? I usually save him for 2nd to last
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Both are pretty annoying. Usually I wait to hit Kylo until I can stun him with Luke or ability block him with Lumi/ Poggle when his counter is down.

My only AOE is Sid, so I don't have too many issues with the counters.

When do most people focus Kylo? I usually save him for 2nd to last

Same
  • I agree on Kylo being much more annoying. Because not only does his basic give dot and ability block but when u hit him he can potentially reset his cooldown. On the other hand his counter is "only" a buff whereas dooku is his unique.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    i don't mind Dooku and Kylo in arena so much as I do in GW. I try to get to them early in either GW or Arena and in Arena I am starting to care less about Sid as well. The toon i ignore the most is Barris, or as I like to call her, nerfette the punching bag I use to reset my cool downs
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Kylo is only really dangerous when your attacking him without killing him tbh, mine crits over 10k consistently when below 50% health. Hes a 1-shot machine if u continue attacking him without killing him. He must be ability blocked if your not gonna burn him fast enough. As for dooku, hes fun/effective on offence but on defence hes the laughing stock of this game. Newer pmayers low-mid game struggle and think hes OP because of many reasons but the bottom line is low-mid game is where hes a monster. Sadly he did not/does not scale well.
  • Kylo takes longer to kill therefore more dangerous.
  • Poney
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    Kylo is only really dangerous when your attacking him without killing him tbh, mine crits over 10k consistently when below 50% health. Hes a 1-shot machine if u continue attacking him without killing him. He must be ability blocked if your not gonna burn him fast enough. As for dooku, hes fun/effective on offence but on defence hes the laughing stock of this game. Newer pmayers low-mid game struggle and think hes OP because of many reasons but the bottom line is low-mid game is where hes a monster. Sadly he did not/does not scale well.

I disagree about doku scaling.

- Highest speed in the game
    - Can stun QGJ, oh wait everyone is farming the FTP QGJ
    - Decent vs aoe teams
    - Jedi event incoming...

• Ventress can remove Ren's retribution, as can probably other chars that clean buffs. Dooku is more intimidating. I run with Asajj, so I just don't hit Ren until her turn, and usually she disables retribution quiet reliably ( my AV is 6*, VIII gear).
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Poney wrote: »

I disagree about doku scaling.

- Highest speed in the game
    - Can stun QGJ, oh wait everyone is farming the FTP QGJ
    - Decent vs aoe teams
    - Jedi event incoming...

His damage isnt that great at higher levels compared with other toons, and he has the health of a glass canon.
  • Dooku is a decent hard-counter to the inevitable Luminara on almost every team out there, so I keep him around.

Kylo can be a PITA with the heal immunity proc for sure, so the key is to burn him when/if his Retribution buff falls off (which it does often if you don't attack him or cause damage to him for a CD reset).
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Short of stun or ability block, there isn't really a great solution to stopping Kylo without losing some teeth. His healing immunity and retribution aside, a failed attempt to spike him only makes him stronger. I can't tell you how many games a QGJ, Rey, or 86 has shot my Kylo in the face only to have him basically one shot them the next turn as a result. Ignoring him is really the best option, and that doesn't usually go over too well either.

Dooku will always go down quickly no matter what. I love Dooku, but he is just too fragile for what he does.
  • Daprosy wrote: »
    His damage isnt that great at higher levels compared with other toons, and he has the health of a glass canon.

Cyclonus wrote: »
    Dooku will always go down quickly no matter what. I love Dooku, but he is just too fragile for what he does.

Considering Jedi event, QGJ in cantina shipement and Poe tenacity nerf, I would advice everyone to star him up.

Why everyone say he is fragile, how many starts are your dokus ? Max gear/lvl/stars he as almost 11k hp. This is more than QGJ or sidious...

• Kylo is only an issue with offense up and he's a pain if you have dooku bc he uses his aoe and dooku counters, this means he always gets his aoe back basically and keeps spamming it
  • Kylo eats me for lunch. I run dooku and fives and their counters give him resetable aoe and he just aoes me down. I switched my lumi for daka and have risen quite a bit in rank but kylo....unless I get a stun I get wrecked by him..... What do I do?
  • Kylo eats me for lunch. I run dooku and fives and their counters give him resetable aoe and he just aoes me down. I switched my lumi for daka and have risen quite a bit in rank but kylo....unless I get a stun I get wrecked by him..... What do I do?

Get someone like AV who can debuff him.
  • dooku just doesn't have enough health, kill him pretty easily.

As everyone else said, Kylo's primary weakness is ability block.

Hit him with Lumi's kamehameha and he won't be able to use his counter inducing AoE nor his below 50% health activated bash. Then make sure to rapid fire him down.

He is, of course, a primary target on field and must be hosed down early.

• RayRevan
    95 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lianara wrote: »
    Ventress can remove Ren's retribution, as can probably other chars that clean buffs. Dooku is more intimidating. I run with Asajj, so I just don't hit Ren until her turn, and usually she disables retribution quiet reliably ( my AV is 6*, VIII gear).

Even if u dispel his counter he still is going to counter that round (at least that's what happens when I use qgj dispel) and u could potentially reset his skills, leading him to do his aoe again.
    Poney wrote: »
    Considering Jedi event, QGJ in cantina shipement and Poe tenacity nerf, I would advice everyone to star him up.

Why everyone say he is fragile, how many starts are your dokus ? Max gear/lvl/stars he as almost 11k hp. This is more than QGJ or sidious...

Starring dooku up to 7* is harder than starring qgj or Sid. Because qgj u could focus on getting his "cantina points" since the beginning and Sid is even easier. Qgj node only unlocks at lvl 69.

• Thanks for the advice. Yeah I have asajj working on getting her to gear 8 before I use her. Is she good against poe as well or does he just resist all dispel attempts?