Mace and Finn combo

I believe this could potentially provide a lethal combo. Been starring Finn for a while so illne ready to try.

Replies

• Options
    How come? I have Mace, but not Finn. Don't know much about Finn actually.
  • Options
    Mace is getting reworked a bit which includes a new ability while attacking exposed characters.

Finn is just an underrated huge damage dealer. His special can stun one turn and expose for two turns. This allows mace to free fire on the target of choice while possibly exposing more random enemy toons. Plus a damage up.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Finn is....interesting. Many people find him useless because his first ability only hits hard once, his 2nd ability is widely considered a waste of a turn, and his 3rd ability has too long a CD but does add Expose.

I've played with an Ally's 7* and geared and he seems worth a spot in the B team perhaps, but not my A team. I applaud him/her for sticking with the toon. Doesn't seem as weak as the chatty people here make him out to be, but I can see their complaints with him as well.

Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Might be interesting in some future meta. In this one it is simply too slow. There are many many potentially interesting builds but they don't matter when everyone dies so quickly.
    Today I fought a Poe/Poggle team. One attack with assist knocked out my Phasma with a total of 16,000 damage.
    Could certainly be fun to try out, just bear in mind the way things are before you invest a lot of resources. Plus, big changes are on the way.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Might be interesting in some future meta. In this one it is simply too slow. There are many many potentially interesting builds but they don't matter when everyone dies so quickly.
    Today I fought a Poe/Poggle team. One attack with assist knocked out my Phasma with a total of 16,000 damage.
    Could certainly be fun to try out, just bear in mind the way things are before you invest a lot of resources. Plus, big changes are on the way.

Now that you mention it Poe would fit this very well a king a new higher damage Mace go off like a cannon.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Finn is....interesting. Many people find him useless because his first ability only hits hard once, his 2nd ability is widely considered a waste of a turn, and his 3rd ability has too long a CD but does add Expose.

I've played with an Ally's 7* and geared and he seems worth a spot in the B team perhaps, but not my A team. I applaud him/her for sticking with the toon. Doesn't seem as weak as the chatty people here make him out to be, but I can see their complaint's with him as well.

Far as pairing him with Mace goes, couldn't say. I'd like OP to explain their rationale as well.

I am working on a Resistance team (not finn) and have borrowed Finn to see how he plays out. I have yet to have his special actually stun but I did notice that his regular attack would crit for way more than his special attack. Not sure if it was bugged or what, but it seemed strange.

I think Finn suffers from 107 speeditis. You aren't going to win many games with a 107 speed guy. Though he could be solid for GW, but I wouldn't farm him unless your 5man PVP team is already up to snuff.

• Options
    Think we all know an answer to speed is coming. Hopefull not in the way of nerfs but let's stay on topic lol
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Think we all know an answer to speed is coming. Hopefull not in the way of nerfs but let's stay on topic lol

I am not familiar with any answer to speed that is coming.

Both mace and finn are 107 speed guys if i remember. Or better said, turn 10 guys. If you think there is some sort of combo there, you will need them to survive. So you probably want Han or Poe to taunt.

If Finn goes first, he potentially can expose a target. If he doesn't, then you have to hope Mace's new ability creates an expose target. On top of that, you have to hope it doesn't target someone other than Poe or Han (assuming the opponent has a taunt, which really messes up mace). If there is an expose that mace can hit, the only thing he does better than others is gets turn meter for attacking them... which isn't bad, but it's not like calling in an assist, or getting a double attack.

So, I just don't think this combo is going to perform at the top end of arena. It might very well be really good in GW (actually it seems great in GW), which, if that is your focus, I think you will be happy with. I would look into coupling them with Resistance trooper and Resistance Pilot for great effect.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Just pair him with Poe and his group expose. Darn, another character with Poe synergy...
  • Options
    I don't think Mace and Finn are going to break into many people's teams, but the title of this thread did make me start singing the adventure time theme song to myself while at work.

Please no one tell Sammy J that I just called him "Mace the dog".
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options

Poe
    Mace
    Finn
    Daka

Last one should expose / stun.

I think this team would be interesting to test.
  • Options
    U say that just cause they both bruthas
  • Options
    "Say "Poe" one more time..."
    Mace Jackson is about ready to strike down upon thee with great vengeance! It's going to be the most awesome "expose" since Brandi Chastain after winning the women's world cup.

Hey! What's this lying around stuff!
    War's over man. The Devs dropped the big one.
    Over, did you say "Over?" It's not over until WE say it's over.
    Was it over when the Gungans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    (Gungans? Don't stop him man, he's on a roll).
    This could be the greatest patch of our lives! But the "Poe"rons are going to let it be the worst!
    Well, not me... Sidious... Dead! FOTP... Dead! Dooku.... DEAD!
    Now who's with me! Let's GOOOOO!!!!

The "Poe"parade has a new entrant, and it's the Mace Jackson Deathmobile. And it's angry.
  • Options
    Both of them seem mediocre to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
  • Options
    LunaMaat wrote: »
    How come? I have Mace, but not Finn. Don't know much about Finn actually.

It's a black thang
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have finn halfway to 6 stars. I used him for a couple weeks or so. His leader ability i really like. It makes everyone hit harder and get alittle more defense (even more so with resistances) i run rey and res pilot so it was alot of extra dmg.

His basics first hit, hits alittle less then reys. Very rarely did he hit the same character twice. They were usually dead before that.

His 2nd ability.... it was a filler in gws when i want to get other characters in to reduce their cds.

His last abiltiy. It sounds really good... but it rarely exposed or stunned. It hit for about the same as a 2nd hit basic. I eventually just stopped using it and opted to spam his basic. Sometimes id take the chance to stun a target.

Speed. Its not good, theres so many characters that go before him. And the longer the fight goes he falls way behind on turns.

And finally arenas... the ai will use his 2nd ability as soon as he has taken any dmg. Its a wasted turn early on, when you really need all the dmg.

His basic crits one shots enemeis in the first 2 waves of the tank challenge.

Never tried running him with poe cause just wasnt sure who to replace to give it a go.