What type of player are you?

2Next

Replies

• Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Finally others, probably the most happy, that don't care about the arena and ranking, who just use the toons they like, either because they liked the SW characters or they like a faction.
    This is probably the closest of your descriptions to me, though not entirely accurate. I do care about my arena ranking and want to keep it at least where it's at if not improve it, but I want to do so with teams of characters I actually like. I've put a lot of focus on my Rebels not just because they're recommend as a great starting point for new players, but because I actually like Wedge from the Rogue and Wraith Squadron novels, so I like the idea of making him the centerpiece of my first main team. Similarly, I want to put together the full Rogue One team eventually, since I enjoyed that movie more than any other outside of the original trilogy itself.

If I were just making a team out of the characters I like the best, though, it wouldn't work very well in arena, since it would have Wedge but not Biggs for example, so I will grab specific characters that aren't at the top of my favorites list if they help me make the best team possible for my favorites. And I do grab characters I don't care about because they're effective in specific areas that I need to be able to perform well in - getting Teebo for Rancor raid, for instance. But I'm not the sort who will ever work on a team just because it's the best in the meta, or might theoretically counter the current meta.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I was a cloner since the days Echo and Rex hit Aurodiums...man I miss those.

Zeta Bariss and zeta Savage ruined that for me and I went jedi.

Last 2 weeks I have been running Veers (L), Shore, Snow, DT and GK.

I fall to 25-30. Finish top 10. Best I can hope for w/ these guys. But they r fun.
  • PR01Zeus
    61 posts Member
    Since I started posting in this forum I noticed there are different type of players that want different things from the game.

Some just want to win, to them a meta is the greatest thing as long as they have it, so they love the current situation (the ones that do have the meta toons). The so called meta chasers.
    Some just want to beat the meta, so they will always use the counters of said meta. They will always love the game indifferent of the situation since they will always have a target to conquer.
    Some would like to use different teams and different tactics against different opponents, even though this is hard to do in the current situation. The ones doing most of complaining to the dismay or puzzlement of the ones above.
    Finally others, probably the most happy, that don't care about the arena and ranking, who just use the toons they like, either because they liked the SW characters or they like a faction.

Some posters is easy to see to which category they fall, but to the others, where do you feel you belong? Is there any other type that I you feel you belong?
    I run a first order team, that should tell you what kind I am
  • I like to use my favorite factions that synergize well for missions, gw, and raids xD that's it...arena i would like to win all the time but competing too much just drains the life out of you, and I refuse to end up like the meta zombies xD
  • Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I am a HIGH DAMAGE toon guy. LOVE MY TOONS TO BE OP AF. B)
  • A surprising high number of players belonging to the last type. Probably that's where I am heading too since diversity really isn't one of the goals of CG and I hate rebels or most of the current and future meta.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    A surprising high number of players belonging to the last type. Probably that's where I am heading too since diversity really isn't one of the goals of CG and I hate rebels or most of the current and future meta.

basically you started playing at the wrong time, rebels weren't great at all when i started playing. I disliked RG, droids and GS with a passion when i started playing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Probably, but since I started playing (dec 16) fighting rebels is all I know. Even when Zader dominated high arena I was leveling up so Wiggs was all I met. Now that I reached level 85 rebels once again. It becomes tiring to fight only rebels after 6 months.
  • A surprising high number of players belonging to the last type. Probably that's where I am heading too since diversity really isn't one of the goals of CG and I hate rebels or most of the current and future meta.

From what I read...mostly that's what they want to believe...
    Basically, I like such and such, but I like them to be OP and have easy time in the arena.
    and plus, I don't think a meta or anti-meta whatever OP players won't post here and say it out loud.
  • When I actually consider droping in rank just so I have the opportunity to fight against different type of teams then something is wrong with either the game or my expectations of the game.
  • i'm in my own world competing with myself. i use toons i genuily like from the star wars universe. i could care less about rank and what others have.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Jedi #1 regardless of meta.

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I am star wars fan and, I think, a collector. Love to level, star and gear toons (not mod them though =\ - worst part of the game). I even more like to develope toons I love in SW Universe...
  • SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    A surprising high number of players belonging to the last type. Probably that's where I am heading too since diversity really isn't one of the goals of CG and I hate rebels or most of the current and future meta.

From what I read...mostly that's what they want to believe...
    Basically, I like such and such, but I like them to be OP and have easy time in the arena.
    and plus, I don't think a meta or anti-meta whatever OP players won't post here and say it out loud.

Why wouldn't they post and admit it?. I personally don't think that anticipating or following the meta or the anti-meta is something to be ashamed off and I also don't think that those players are ashamed of it. Some even take every opportunity to show of their winning teams, something that is within their right since they invested in them time and resources or just money.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    i'm in my own world competing with myself. i use toons i genuily like from the star wars universe. i could care less about rank and what others have.

I care about rank, so I can level up and star the toons I genuinely like. For example, I'm holding off on giving Chirrut the 2 cuffs I've farmed, in hopes of a Grievous rework (I have him at Gear 9 right now).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    i'm in my own world competing with myself. i use toons i genuily like from the star wars universe. i could care less about rank and what others have.

I care about rank, so I can level up and star the toons I genuinely like. For example, I'm holding off on giving Chirrut the 2 cuffs I've farmed, in hopes of a Grievous rework (I have him at Gear 9 right now).

yes i like leveling up my toons as well but i'm in no hurry for it. i get what i get when i get it.

• Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    I am the one with loads of characters at gear 8.
    I think I should have focused more on getting a few to gear 11 instead :)
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I'm a collector first, then a contributor.

My first instinct is to unlock everything. Not helpful in this game, but it's what I want to do. My next instinct is to better myself to help my guild clear raids faster. To that end, I suppose I'm focused on building multiple teams. I have a group of Jedi that are pretty close to finished, a group of empire/Sith that are ok but not close to finished, and several groups below that that are cannon fodder that can post 50k against NAAT.

I'm not interested in the meta, aside from how it performs in raids and how easily it can be farmed.
  • A frustrated, but addicted player. I have too many characters I can't possibly afford to level even half way up, and even those I favour the most cost too much time and effort to level up. I play through addiction, not entertainment. The levelling up process is literally awful.
  • I find that I'm what some might call a "Event Chaser".

Since I joined, many Events has required my attention.

-Palpatine (completed Tier 4)
    -Yoda (completed Tier 3, had to use JKG. As QGJ was only 2* at the time, he's now 6 shards from 5*)
    -R2 (completed Tier 3, Shoretrooper and Snowtrooper are at 3*, otherwise I might have completed Tier 4)
    -Phoenix Squad (6 Toons + 2 Ships, managed to get Toons to 2*, with Ships to 3*)
    -Gar Saxon + ISC (both are to 2*, had to level 5 Phoenix Toons up a few times just to do it)
    -Credit Heists
    -Mat Heists
    -Training Droid Heists

All of which requires certain factions to be at certain star level, and at least 3 characters to be able to participate to get something. Example, I had to farm NS Initiate in order to play an Event (Mat Heist, I think? It required 3 NS)

Thus I have "average" squads, and many Toons. Though not all are leveled to be their best, many have been left forgotten for a long time. Example Luke, JKG, Ewok Scout, etc. Many of the new Toons were leveled high enough just to accomplish "something".

But current and old metas have always been on the back of my mind. So most of them are now on my team, I'm able to do almost all Events, but not at their highest tiers.

I have average powered, but wide base of Toons. If I was an "Arena Chaser" instead, I would have a thin roster with a much more powerful Top 8.

Next 2 Events requires 3 Toons from Sith/Droid, and Resistance/Clone. I won't dominate, but I'll get something from both.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Passive-aggressive, and nocturnal.