Is ST-Han's Bluff unique Considered a counter? I.E. blocked via Daze/Stun

Bluff - Han has a 25% chance to remove 30% Turn Meter from each enemy at the start of each of his turns. In addition, Han has a 25% chance to remove 10% Turn Meter from each enemy when he is damaged.

I tried using St-Han vs Zmaul lead teams a month ago... Thinking that if I he removed TM on their area attacks it might stop them so that my Toons could move. So at least I would not see 4 sith attacks before my first move.

It almost NEVER worked.... In most cases The SA feed tm to the Sith, and they all moved, without any TM reduction.

I belive it is a 25% chance to remove 10% Turn Meter rolled for each enemy. Not one 25% chance roll to affect all. Reguardless of implementation the chance of 3 attacks triggering the affect on a specfic enemy should be 58%. My success rate was far lower.

I resently came up with a theory explaining my poor result. Is the TM reduction affect considered a Counter? I.E. does not work if STHan is Dazed or Stunned?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The TM reduction is subject to the normal Potency/Tenacity check as far as I know.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    @waqui.

I had 100 potency on Sthan... Or high anyway.... Don't know if I saw resists... My point is that my success rate was very low, far lower then it should be. This low success rate could be explained if stun/daze from EP/maul was stopping the counter

@Omeah
    Yes Sthan was attacked via area attacks.. DN, maul, EP, Vader, Sid.... Most sith have an area attack they open with....

Perhaps I should have posted this on the bugs board....
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I rarely see my sthan success in his TM reduction turn. It's like always resisted tho :(
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    It should probably happen at least once on four AoEs. However, keep in mind that SA probably pushed multiple sith to 100 at once. If STHan removed 10% from one or more of them they would be at 90%. Which means that only your characters that were close to that (taking into account differences in speed) when SA went would go. If SA was really fast, that's pushing it. He could also try and remove tm from the person whose turn it was when he was damaged, which wouldn't do anything. Or SA, who had already gone and would have 0 tm already.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    To add to my statement, keep in mind the tm boost from Zaul lead means that even a character 1 speed lower than SA would be at best 80% tm. So you really should not expect to see much. (Someone faster could possibly push that 90% mark, but they'd have to be at least 1.125 times faster. For an SA of exactly 200, this character's speed would need to be at least 225...for a faster SA, this requirement likewise increases).

If you want to post the speeds of both team comps, we could do the actual math, but my guess is it would show it's impossible to not have them all go first only relying on STHan.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Also on 4x speed it can be very easy to miss the resisted popping up.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Scuba yes, I did run 4x, so do not even know if it was being resisted. It was a month ago I tried the tactic, I boosted STHANs potency as high as a could. At least 90% vs in most cases base tenacity on opponents.

@crzydroid I tried this tactic with zQGJ lead. So 4 Jedi + STHan. I had BM zeta on Yoda, with 295 Speed after QGJ's speed boost... So with 10% tm reduction my Yoda would move next. Even with a 270 speed SA, if the 10% tm reduction was applied, the other Sith would need 240 speed to move before Yoda.

I guess I will wait for a GW opponent that is using ST_Han... Should be easy to create a test to prove myself wrong.

-Give my Squad Tenacity UP.
    -Stun or Daze StHan
    -Keep hitting StHan, and watch for resists.

If any resists are seen I am wrong.... Hard to prove I am right however...
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    @Scuba yes, I did run 4x, so do not even know if it was being resisted. It was a month ago I tried the tactic, I boosted STHANs potency as high as a could. At least 90% vs in most cases base tenacity on opponents.

@crzydroid I tried this tactic with zQGJ lead. So 4 Jedi + STHan. I had BM zeta on Yoda, with 295 Speed after QGJ's speed boost... So with 10% tm reduction my Yoda would move next. Even with a 270 speed SA, if the 10% tm reduction was applied, the other Sith would need 240 speed to move before Yoda.

I guess I will wait for a GW opponent that is using ST_Han... Should be easy to create a test to prove myself wrong.

-Give my Squad Tenacity UP.
    -Stun or Daze StHan
    -Keep hitting StHan, and watch for resists.

If any resists are seen I am wrong.... Hard to prove I am right however...

They would need 240 speed to beat Yoda IF the reduction is applied. But it's like a 25% chance for each character. If it succeeds on SA or the person doing the damage, no effect. I went and calculated the combined probability of STHan removing tm from AT LEAST one of the three others (ie, total probability of removing from 1, 2, or 3) and I came up with 8.4%. Will outline my work if required.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Oh, and that's not considering resists or Han dodging.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @crzydroid
    Your math seems off, or we differ in our understanding of the mechanics... I really did not want to make a big math post here BUT....

If it 25% chance to apply tm reduction on each target: Then After SA moves and say EP does an AOE Stun, my StHan has a 25% chance to remove tm from each of the remaining three sith with full TM.

Then 1st hit, 3 sith left with 100tm... 42% chance not to hit any with tm reduction.
    Then second hit, 2 sith left with 100tm... 56% chance not to hit any with tm reduction.
    Then third hit, 1 sith left with 100tm... 75% chance not to hit any with tm reduction.

So the odds of non of them getting hit with TM reduction(all 4 sith moving before my yoda) should be 17.6%

Yes, The chance to remove TM from the all 3 sith on 1st (non SA) attack would be 6.25%...

I do not know where your numbers come from... Unless your saying it will only remove tm affect one target max. In which case the desc needs a rewrite.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Sorry, screwed that up. In a rush and forgot to multiply by the combination. Recalculating now.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Sorry, just coming back to this.

So this time I got 57.8%, and estimates at mitigating for resisting and dodge brought it down to 48-49% chance that AT LEAST one should have 10% removed and go after Yoda, assuming he wasn't stunned by Palp.

So maybe a littlee fishy if he NEVER went before anyone else.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Also, now I see your other post which was not showing up before.

So your first value (42%) seems to be (.75)^3, which would be three rolls all missing. But we're really doing five rolls with three missing, and a specific three at that, or five rolls with four missing, or five with five missing. So for example, in the case of three of the rolls failing, you have ((.75^3)*(.25^2)), and then only 1 out of the 10 ways that can happen will result in our specific three failing, so you multiply that by 0.9 to get the rate of at least one success. Likewise, three out of the five ways of rolling one success out of five (.25*(.75^4)) will result in a success on at least one of our three of interest, so you multiply that by 0.6.

So again, doing this yields a 57.8% chance of success, which is close to your 58% (100-42).

However, this value reduces to about 49% if you take into account resisting.

I haven't calculated anything for any turns after the first, but you would adjust the calculations for the probability of a specific two, a specific one, etc.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Not affected by stun
    LfQW07w.png
    gvfctKo.png

Will try to get some shots vs Daze after guild reset
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Not affected by daze
    IhFhFGE.png
    yua4OC0.png
    eSI7i5o.png