Clones. Are they worth farming?

Prev1
CEG9876
355 posts Member
I see a few guys with good clone teams for haat, so my question is. Are they worth taking the 20 years it takes to farm them all?

Replies

• Definitely, especially if they get a faction pass. They're useful outside of P4 HAAT too, they can make GW alot less challenging. Only thing to warn you about is Cody's hard gear and they suck in arena. Nice thing about using them in HAAT is they can pull 2-8m.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    At what gear lvl?
  • If they're all g9 I'd say an easy 3 mill in p4 naat.. obviously get them higher snd better mods you get better results
  • Is it better to use clones in phase 2 or phase 4?
    Empire Relic
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Is it better to use clones in phase 2 or phase 4?
    Same question.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member

If they're all g9 I'd say an easy 3 mill in p4 naat.. obviously get them higher snd better mods you get better results
    Is it better for me to get another character instead of clone sergeant or farm him?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Is it better to use clones in phase 2 or phase 4?

If you have a good droid team, use Clones in P4 otherwise Clones in P2 and Rebels in P4. Clones are realy not so hard to level up since they are in guild shipment and fleet shipment. Just Sarge is longer. They also expect a lot of cuffs and Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace.
  • CEG9876 wrote: »
    If they're all g9 I'd say an easy 3 mill in p4 naat.. obviously get them higher snd better mods you get better results
    Is it better for me to get another character instead of clone sergeant or farm him?

Clone Sgt. is one of the best damage dealers in the clones and he also gives himself a TM boost. If anything, take out Rex for Leia or a Jawa.

My clones at gear 8 clear around half of Galactic Wat for me no prob. and I'm at lvl 85. Cody is the real pain to level gear-wise.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Which one should be the leader?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    zCody must be the leader.
  • ShadowHawk2417
    92 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I wish i could post a photo of my score but I'm not sure how.. i got up to 8 million in Naat with my clones and leia all g10+.
    I use Cody (l) seargent leia echo fives
    You want crit chance at least 35% on everyone I don't even have that great of mods their an easy team to run.

Edit: also you want as much speed on leia and cody as you can.
  • clones are the bomb
    i used my lvl 70 g7 clones with a borrowed zody and i 3*ed light side 9A hard!!!
    they had weak mods 130-150 speed (borrowed zody had 200 speed)
    and the opponents only got round 1 to attack from then on it was zody special around 10 times beating ls 9A hard
    started working on making them lvl85 g10 7*
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    For those that have difficulty with GW. I can usually complete the entire GW with just my clone team. Zody, Z55's, Echo, Rex Sarge. G11.
    For P2 in HAAT i can typically get 1.7-1.9m with Clones
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    What mods should I put on each of them?
  • Crit chance and crit damage and focus crit damage on searg and speed on cody and leia
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Crit chance and crit damage and focus crit damage on searg and speed on cody and leia
    This. What you want is the 212th to always cool down, so if you consider codys lead and leias buff, you want each clone near 100% crit with those buffs. Sarge has natural crit chance based on other clones, so you can afford crit damage on him. After that speed like he said and health/protection for the 10/5% recovery on basics.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    clones are the bomb
    i used my lvl 70 g7 clones with a borrowed zody and i 3*ed light side 9A hard!!!
    and the opponents only got round 1 to attack from then on it was zody special around 10 times beating ls 9A hard
    clones

I have level 85, gear 9-11, and great mods and I couldn't even get close to clearing 9A hard 3*.

I've cleared it with another squad, but wanted to test your theory.

Wasn't even close.

• EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Love my clones. Sim all 12 nodes of GW, usually. Big AAT score, I do p2 because I'm usually asleep by the time we roll into p4. Any long event that uses them, like the one this weekend, they roll through. I keep, usually, a top 50 arena rank with them. EDIT: They were the key to 3*ing all the stage 9 hard nodes. Easily.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Absolutely worth it. They can plow through GW (especially if you zeta Cody and Fives), and do great on the tank raid. They actually do pretty darn well on the Rancor raid, too, especially phase one (you just have to save Rex's cleanse for when the pig slaps Death Mark on you).
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    If anybody has anything else to add please do.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    When considering clones for HAAT it's the mods that are key to getting to enrage and the big deeps. That means clones at 45% crit, Sarge is still bugged with his unique, Leai as close to 60% as you can. After that stack offence.

I say mods are key because even a low geared Princess Zody team can do good dps in HAAT. Managed 6.5 million when I started out with gear 8 5s, gear 9 Zody and Echo, gear 10 Sarge & gear 11 Leai. Leai needs the gear level 10/11 HP to survive to enrage, especially if you eat a barrage.

Once you get them to gear 11 with those mods you're looking at 8.5 million plus (my 5s is still gear 9 so could be even higher).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Love Clones!!! (especially since they'll be getting helmets soon)
    Rex: One of the best characters in the game. His leader ability is a great counter to most meta's, and his kit works well in just about any team, leader or not.
    Cody: Best leader for a clone team, especially Zeta'd.
    Echo: Makes Zody work, and his constant assists come in handy.
    Fives: Great survivability, speed down and assist attack are so useful.
    Clone Sergeant: For being a generic character, he's actually very good. TM removal, and very nice damage.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    They're amazing, I would at least farm Rex. If you want a full squad, it'll take some time to fully gear them as they're addicted to MK 6 Syrings. Request for that daily; the challenges don't give you enough. I'm currently on my 5th month of focusing on just them but they have helped me 3* 9B, complete GW daily without having to use more than 3 different squads, and Rex has pushed me into top 50. I think I need another 3 months to max them out but it's a huge commitment.
  • Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Crayons wrote: »
    clones are the bomb
    clones

I have level 85, gear 9-11, and great mods and I couldn't even get close to clearing 9A hard 3*.

I've cleared it with another squad, but wanted to test your theory.

Wasn't even close.

well i used 4 of my clones and leia and borrowed a 10k power zody
    also all my clones were modded for crit chance and offense secondaries
    the dual leadership was zody and rex
    so my entire team was
    rex(L), fives, clone serg, echo, leia, borrowed maxed zody
    maybe i just lucky with rng but there are videos on youtube using zody to 3* all the ls 9 hard battles
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    I have them all at 7* except Sarge, but I just can't spare the effort to gear them. I have so many toons to gear, and Clones are one of the worst to gear up. We need a new way to get toons to at least gear 9 more rapidly. I am OK with it being at the current pace after, but at least make it a little faster to gear 9.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Is JKA a viable character in a clone team?
  • SlevinKelevra
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I wish i could post a photo of my score but I'm not sure how.. i got up to 8 million in Naat with my clones and leia all g10+.
    I use Cody (l) seargent leia echo fives
    You want crit chance at least 35% on everyone I don't even have that great of mods their an easy team to run.

Edit: also you want as much speed on leia and cody as you can.

Usually you can take a screenshot by holding your power button and volume down at the same time. That's how it has been for any Droid phone I've had.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Do it, rex and fives can slide into a lot of teams as is. As soon as Rex was easily farmable he was my priority, g11, lvl 85 asap. I am working on cody and echo now, sarge is long haul farm but he is good.
  • They are getting helmets??? also can't wait for less known clones, such as hardcase or tup
  • Rex has always been a solid wild card toon. He waxes and wanes as a surprise toon quite often. TM removal is always good if you don't have CLS to do it instead.

Cody is only really tip top as leader in certain things like AAT. Fives is very tanky and Sarge can pile the hurt on.

Not sure on the others as I haven't looked into them.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF