Just tried a Rex lead Droid team. Works as good if not BETTER than HK47. That's ridiculous

Prev1
The original team: HK, JE, 88, R2, B2
The new team: Just remove HK for Rex

Je's recalibrate still goes off first (297 speed) and allows my droids to take their turns first. The only thing I have to worry about at this point is a Darth Nil cooldown attack. Fortunately 88 lays down ability block pretty regularly or B2 unstealths and R2 stuns Nilly. Maul and his buddies Aoe or attack and then it's Rex's turn to put his game breaking, arena unbalancing, insane triple ability into motion. My droids are now again at full TM, cleansed, protected from Vader's dots, Dooku stun, and Palps anything. Poor Je is left to die while R2's smokescreen turns everyone else into a ninja who all gain another free turn because of the advantage crits the sith are pummeling the dwarf Jedi looking thing with. The match ends with Rex blasting their Zavage for over half his health with Subdue and keeping his TM down as the droids finish him off without their normal crits holding them back.

That's insane. That's stupid. That's gamebreaking and NOWHERE near acceptable. I won't be using it either. After 4 matches of winning with a REX LED DROID TEAM I swapped back to Hk47. I'll take my #20 spot proudly. I'll play with the droid characters I trained up for battle in a team built upon synergy. In fact I'd pay 5 mil in credits to recycle my maxxed Rex's shards/gear/training droids into something else and leave him locked again.

There is no way a character should be able to replace THE LEADER of a fine tuned synergy faction team and have it work better than the character that was designed to lead it. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Funny thing too because I can beat Rex teams just fine with droids, they focus him down without much trouble at all. It's the dodging tm stealth of Zaul that gives me the most trouble. The entire arena could turn Rex and it would be a blast. But then that would only prove he's the most unbalanced character out there right now.
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Whats with all the Rex bashing today ??

And he is nowhere near the most unbalanced toon right now
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    You get top 20 with droids?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Move along, your droids are not what we are looking for.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Glad you got that off your chest. Try leaving the team with Rex lead to see how far you drop. And if you end up where you are now? What's the difference? But you have to see if you end up any different from day to day to begin validating your rant. GL.
  • ok, hes a good leader, he fit to a lot of teams.
    So ?
    he came as a counter to Zaul, and yet Zaul teams cant beat him.
    Rex is great offense toons, but on defense its nothing special, and therefore... stop call for a nerf.
  • Now im tempted to try rex led droids, thanks OP ;)
  • So Rex L is good against maul and AI sucks on defense, I don't see why this is breaking news.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    It appears rex is just "looks good" from the outside, because we can choose the strategy when on offence. But on defence meh.. i can beat em :neutral:
  • Rex has been a strong leader for ages... there were Rex led teams at the top of my shard for ages, but we all were able to take 1st on a regular basis.
  • I think we should give Rex's leader bonuses to zMaul.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind making Rexx's lead more faction specific. It would be nice to break up all these no synergy teams with him (not counting baze/cheirut synergy)
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    Glad you got that off your chest. Try leaving the team with Rex lead to see how far you drop. And if you end up where you are now? What's the difference? But you have to see if you end up any different from day to day to begin validating your rant. GL.

I don't want to leave him on defense because that looks ridiculous in an otherwise complete droid team.
    Kitch wrote: »
    You get top 20 with droids?

With R2, easily. I can get as high as 15 but run into a block of Zavage which unfortunately droids don't have a counter to. Best I can do is run the clock out using R2 stuns. It's quite amazing though all the anti-crit stuff out there (rex, zaul, zavage, zarris, etc) droids are still playable to an extent. That's how good their synergy is.
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So Rex L is good against maul and AI sucks on defense, I don't see why this is breaking news.

tumblr_inline_mhvdyzTD6C1qz4rgp.gif
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Oh please, Maul's lead is anti-crit based and includes AoEs with advantage, of course Rex is going to help more than Hk when it comes to that. If anything I say Zeta Maul is the culprit, otherwise Hk would be easier to use for that battle
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    So using meta knowledge to strategically build a team to fight the meta works better than generically building a team that seems like it should be great against everything because it has some synergy?

Who'd have thunk it?
  • Jim17547
    223 posts Member
    It's so great that hk is back as the leader and the droids have climbed to 31st. Time to get over yourself dude.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    So using meta knowledge to strategically build a team to fight the meta works better than generically building a team that seems like it should be great against everything because it has some synergy?

Who'd have thunk it?

That's....not how it's supposed to work. Cookie cutter random faction teams aren't supposed to be meta.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Rex's turn to put his game breaking, arena unbalancing, insane triple ability into motion.

Tell us how you really feel
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    If this guy can be in the top 20 with droids, then his shard is comprised of cupcakes.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Jim17547
    223 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    If this guy can be in the top 20 with droids, then his shard is comprised of cupcakes.

The only cupcake is the droids who hover around 40th. He's delusional
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I think the bigger issue is this:

Someone still runs Droids?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Lol, sure buddy boy, I suppose a game lanch shard full of Rex/Chaze/Zaul is a tasty box of pastries but I think you're a beginner on a newer shard that skipped the droid phase. That means nobody has their droids maxxed and you're used to fighting cookie cutter teams. Don't worry tho, you'll mature along with your shard soon enough.
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I think the bigger issue is this:

Someone still runs Droids?

Who doesn't have a full maxxed Droid team?
  • I'm still chuckling over the last couple of comments. It's hard to imagine there's still players out there so entrenched in the meta, so blind and lacking in creativity that they can only parrot from others. But hey, if that's how you enjoy the game then more power to you. I enjoy using droids and forcing people to deal with them in a sea of Rex and Zaul. I see they're antagonized, knowing a handful of mechanical freebies can oust their brethern cookiecutters and break up the ccccombo Rex leads. So they drag themselves in and mock. They'll guffaw and sneer. But they know the next meta shift is juuuuuust around the corner and that general grevious is up next for his rework and there's plenty of zeta spots in those droids, hehehehe. It terrifies!
  • Dude.... I enjoy smashing your droids everyday!!! 2016 called and they want there droids back lmao!
  • Dude.... I enjoy smashing your droids everyday!!! 2016 called and they want there droids back lmao!

You have to be on my shard to do that. Hey, if you actually do fight droids and R2 is involved, what's his opening move?
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    But they know the next meta shift is juuuuuust around the corner and that general grevious is up next for his rework and there's plenty of zeta spots in those droids, hehehehe. It terrifies!

Yay Grievous :)
  • I never can get enough of reading you whine about how great droids are.....they had there moment for 2 months, time to move on and also get rid of your CD player, you can stream music now.
  • Jim17547
    223 posts Member
    Its the weekly garbage post about droids...but hey you're hanging strong at 31st so solid work. And yeah, darth legend is in our shard. Your mom abandoned you as a baby didn't she?
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member
    I'm still chuckling over the last couple of comments. It's hard to imagine there's still players out there so entrenched in the meta, so blind and lacking in creativity that they can only parrot from others. But hey, if that's how you enjoy the game then more power to you. I enjoy using droids and forcing people to deal with them in a sea of Rex and Zaul. I see they're antagonized, knowing a handful of mechanical freebies can oust their brethern cookiecutters and break up the ccccombo Rex leads. So they drag themselves in and mock. They'll guffaw and sneer. But they know the next meta shift is juuuuuust around the corner and that general grevious is up next for his rework and there's plenty of zeta spots in those droids, hehehehe. It terrifies!

I agree 100% with this statement, it´s like these so called players think they can bash on other players just because they don´t follow the common teams that 90% of the people use like sheep, get over yourselves
  • Yo!!!! Jin I'm DarthLegend jabroni!!! You must have bubbles prescription and can't see s*^t. I'm on your shard ****.

Oh! I'm sorry, I pick on you all the time. You have the Kenobi and Fett unsteslthed so my R2 can crit his full TM after burning your team and then stun Kenobi over and over, lol! Those two help give 88 a kill shot too after his AOE, so I appreciate the help there.
    Jim17547 wrote: »
    Its the weekly garbage post about droids...but hey you're hanging strong at 31st so solid work. And yeah, darth legend is in our shard. Your mom abandoned you as a baby didn't she?

Awwwww, did I frighten you with my big bad ol' machines? I'm sorry bro, I didn't mean to rile you up. Yeah I'd be gnashing my teeth too knowing that Grievous rework is right around the corner. I hear a chaze-kinda thing with magnaguard is being looked at too. Oh hey, you should check out my roster some time. (Just skim past the maxxed gear Grev and Magna, I don't want to give you an ulcer). You take care man, and keep on chasing that meta! Yeah, that one, swap your leader over again after you watch that YouTube vid! There ya go, you got it man. ;)